Little help with professions choice please

Hi,

I realize I posted this topic in the wrong froum (General Question), so I'm posting in the right place.

I'd like some tips from you guys. I'm about to hit 80 on my shaman alt (resto) (he will probably become my main after playing for many years on my rogue) and I'm kinda lost with the professions choice.

My rogue is mining/herb with epic flying mount that I don't plan to change, so I'll probably let him as my farmer.

My idea is to wait for 3.2 to buy the 150% flying mount to the shaman, once I don't have any need of the epic flying here.

I was thinking about leveling JC/Enchanting on the shaman aiming at good pvp/pve stats and of course GOLD. I know I'll probably spent some gold leveling it, so here is where I want your help:

I plan on following:
    http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ing_guide.html

I have at least 70% of the material needed in the guide, so do you believe that with those mats plus all the itens I'll create while leveling JC, will I be able to max JC and reach at least 400+ on enchanting spending no more than 3k?

Also is this a good idea to dedicate the money and the effort on those professions or is there a better combination?

My idea is to wait for 3.2 to buy the 150% flying mount to this guy, once I don't have any need of the epic flying here.

Thanks in advance guys and sorry for my english.

Re: Little help with professions choice please

It really depends on your server. Prices for mats vary so much from one server to the next that there is really no way of knowing.

For JC it is usually about the gems found in thorium that can be the cock block.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dambros
    Hi,

I realize I posted this topic in the wrong froum (General Question), so I'm posting in the right place.

I'd like some tips from you guys. I'm about to hit 80 on my shaman alt (resto) (he will probably become my main after playing for many years on my rogue) and I'm kinda lost with the professions choice.

My rogue is mining/herb with epic flying mount that I don't plan to change, so I'll probably let him as my farmer.

My idea is to wait for 3.2 to buy the 150% flying mount to the shaman, once I don't have any need of the epic flying here.

I was thinking about leveling JC/Enchanting on the shaman aiming at good pvp/pve stats and of course GOLD. I know I'll probably spent some gold leveling it, so here is where I want your help:

I plan on following:
    http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ing_guide.html

I have at least 70% of the material needed in the guide, so do you believe that with those mats plus all the itens I'll create while leveling JC, will I be able to max JC and reach at least 400+ on enchanting spending no more than 3k?

Also is this a good idea to dedicate the money and the effort on those professions or is there a better combination?

My idea is to wait for 3.2 to buy the 150% flying mount to this guy, once I don't have any need of the epic flying here.

Thanks in advance guys and sorry for my english.
    JC and Enchanting would be great choices.

JC can be supported by your minning, and Enchanting is just great esp for de-ing old gear.

Those should be fine.

This is a great choice for like all economies and if you whant to make gold I would suggest to look at ShadowAshey on youtube he uses exaclty those proffessions not that famous but a great guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombie
    You grow even more powerful and an item is added to your blank inventory. It is "Pair of Val'kyr Wings".

JC cost me ~2500g to level from 1 to the point I could use prismatic gems. It's not cheap, but by all means, worth the cost.

Enchanting on the other hand, I am choosing to farm the mats for myself which is a pain in the ass, but it's a lot cheaper. I need lots and lots of illusion dust. Anyone know of a good place to get some? I just want to get to a point where I can DE my own gear, cause I got a ton of old stuff sitting in my bank that I will never use, and refuse to vendor.

But yea, I would totally go with Enchanting/JC. You can make some really decent gold off of both, but it's going to cost you to get there.

I have a friend account with enchanting maxed. In this case would it be better to level alchemy instead of enchanting, once I can log there and trade the items anytime I want?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Deleted

I have a friend account with enchanting maxed. In this case would it be better to level alchemy instead of enchanting, once I can log there and trade the items anytime I want?

Thanks for the replies guys.
    If your friend is not using this account at all then this could be an option, but bear in mind you will spend more time disenchanting stuff than doing anything else. i am a JC + ench and I spend easily over an hour a day disenchanting + also am constantly making enchanting scrolls which takes even more time. If your mate is still playing on this account then i would advise you to level your own enchanter.

the cost of levelling enchanting + JC might seem daunting, but believe me it will be worth it as it pales into insignificance to the amount of profit you can make from having those two proffessions as a combo.

Quote Originally Posted by getcarty
    If your friend is not using this account at all then this could be an option, but bear in mind you will spend more time disenchanting stuff than doing anything else. i am a JC + ench and I spend easily over an hour a day disenchanting + also am constantly making enchanting scrolls which takes even more time. If your mate is still playing on this account then i would advise you to level your own enchanter.

the cost of levelling enchanting + JC might seem daunting, but believe me it will be worth it as it pales into insignificance to the amount of profit you can make from having those two proffessions as a combo.
    How do you make gold? What itens do you DE? The ones created with JC?

Deleted

Aye you make jewelry from the JC proffession and DE it.

you get the recipie's to make the jewelry at level 350 from the JC trainer:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=56193
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=58142
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=58141
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=56194

all these DE into infinite dust and cosmic essences, but there are also other recipies that make blue quailty items that can be DE'd into dream shards (they don't make as much profit on my server so i tend to stick to the ones above)

Thanks for the tips!

Enchants scrolls sell easy? Or is it just to risk for example to invest on Berserking and never sell it?

Thanks.

Thanks for the tips!

Enchants scrolls sell easy? Or is it just to risk for example to invest on Berserking and never sell it?

Thanks.
    i sell few scrolls every day so it shouldn't be a problem.
    my top seller is 50sp on one-hand