Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Trial of the Crusader and Wintergrasp PTR Testing

Update - Added Wintergrasp - PTR Focus Testing

Trial of the Crusader - PTR Testing
    Originally Posted by Daelo (Blue Tracker)
    Here's the current schedule for Trial of the Crusader PTR testing:

On the North American test realms:

Lord Jaraxxus - Thursday Night, July 9, starting at 7pm EDT/4pm PDT.

On the European test realms:

Eydis Darkbane and Fjola Lightbane - Thursday Night, July 9, starting at 19:00 CEST.

Note that only the 10 Player and 25 Player difficulties will be available on PTR. The Heroic versions will not be available. If you are usually part of raids that easily crushes Ulduar Hard Modes, you should find the non-Heroic difficulties to be not difficult.

Koralon the Flame Watcher is also available to be tested in the Vault of Archavon depending on PTR Wintergrasp status.

Test Patchwerks (Tank and DPS versions) will also be available in the Argent Coliseum during similar times to other bosses. Instead of the previous tank test patchwerk that increased melee damage over time, the 3.2 tank test patchwerk will just hit VERY hard (as hard as Algalon) all the time to allow for more lengthy sustained tank parses. We're always interested in seeing combat logs and parses for all raid testing on the PTR, but especially test patchwerk logs. These are extremely helpful to our class team.

This schedule could change at a moment's notice due to server, bug, or patch status. I'll try to keep everyone informed as much as possible. The Trial of the Crusader and the bosses to be tested will remain also open a variable length of time. How long they stay open depends upon a host of factors including designer availability, bug status, etc. These bosses are very much a work in progress, and this is a test server.

Quick Trial of the Crusader FAQ:

Q) Where's all the trash?
    A) There isn't any in this raid zone. Really.

Q) Where's the loot?
    A) Loot is present on the bosses, but note that many of the items do not have final art.

Q) What about achievements?
    A) Most of them are not fully implemented yet.

Q) What about the Trial of the Champion (ie the 5 player dungeon)?
    A) This will see more extended testing later in the PTR cycle.
    Wintergrasp - PTR Focus Testing
    Originally Posted by Dresorull (Blue Tracker)
    We have implemented several new changes to the Wintergrasp outdoor PVP area, and would like to request some focused testing and feedback. Games will be running at normal intervals on the PTR.

As a reminder, here are the changes to Wintergrasp listed in the patch notes:

Wintergrasp
    To provide players with a more transparent notification of when Wintergrasp battles occur, as well as better control zone population and stability, several changes have been made.

• Players now have the option to queue for Wintergrasp from a Wintergrasp Battlemaster in any capital city or by simply entering the Wintergrasp zone.
    • Queuing will begin 15 minutes before each battle. If chosen, you will automatically be teleported to the zone. Any players in the zone who have not been chosen from the queue will be teleported out when the battle begins.
    • The queue system remains active for the entire battle. As soon as a player leaves, a new one will be chosen from the queue.
    • Trying to enter Wintergrasp during an active battle for which you have not been chosen will teleport you out. Please note that, as you are now able to fly over Wintergrasp, you will only be teleported out if you try to land and join the battle.
    • Level 80 players get higher priority in the queue than lower level players. In addition, a random selection of queued players will be taken from both the Battlemasters and the zone itself.
    • The queue will accept up to 100 players from each faction, resulting in a maximum battle of 200 players at a time.
    • Wintergrasp factories can no longer be damaged or destroyed.

Re: Trial of the Crusader - PTR Testing

NO TRASH?! What the ....?

flammable

See you all there.

trash is overated!

This all new patch is overated.

I've been trying to figure this instance out with no success. Why the hell does it exist? No trash? How do we go from fighting a celestial bureaucrat with solar systems shooting us in the face and the god of death to fighting a bunch of trivial bosses in a trivial, arena-based 'raid'? And moreover consider fighting a Worm in a 'tournament' to be an order of magnitude harder and more rewarding than that?

My vital lore-ganisms are seriously depleted of nutrients right now, unless I'm really missing something essential. I'm willing to learn.

Originally Posted by Daelo (Blue Tracker)

Q) Where's all the trash?
    A) There isn't any in this raid zone. Really.
    /cheer
    Never wrong.

Well, I hope they make up for the lack of trash in the bossfights. :P

I'm just happy they decided to throw a 5-man dungeon into this patch along with the 10/25 man raid. I think they should implement a 5-man with every patch that includes a 10/25 man raid.

Just my 2 cents.
    "Nobody badduh dan me!"
    -Zul'jin

So in this raid they train us to face the lich king, but since we get no training on trash, we won't reach LK, only wipe on trash up to the first boss.

Do I have to go do all the Argent Tournament stuff to understand the significance of this raid instance?

IMHO any raid qualified to be a tier should have its significance be transparent and obvious, not based on obscure dailies.

Again, unless I'm wrong. I'm still waiting to be educated as to this place's purpose, other than gear and placation of the restless masses.

I know people constantly complain, but it really seems Blizzard are trying to cater towards all playstyles in Wotlk. Props to them tbh, WoW, at its lower levels, was always meant to be a casual friendly mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Oqm
    Do I have to go do all the Argent Tournament stuff to understand the significance of this raid instance?

IMHO any raid qualified to be a tier should have its significance be transparent and obvious, not based on obscure dailies.

Again, unless I'm wrong. I'm still waiting to be educated as to this place's purpose, other than gear and placation of the restless masses.
    It's purpose is gear and placation of the restless masses.

Which is fine with me.
    "Nobody badduh dan me!"
    -Zul'jin

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...tColiseum1.jpg

Enough said.

"Hey guz where do i go in this...oh"

If anyone is lacking a good balance druid for the European testing, throw me a PM here I'd be glad to go. (Brill)

Quote Originally Posted by Beertje
    So in this raid they train us to face the lich king, but since we get no training on trash, we won't reach LK, only wipe on trash up to the first boss.
    Maybe the trash in Icecrown Citadel has the same level of difficulty that the bosses in the Colliseum. :O
    \(~.^)/ - Lorsty the Snowman - \(^.~)/

Quote Originally Posted by det
    AoE trash in Naxx: Moan, moan, moan, QQ
    Originaly bloody hard trash before XT and long trash before Mimi and General: Moan, moan, moan, QQ
    No trash in Coliseum: Moan, moan, moan, QQ

Seriously ppl ^^
    personally i think that trash was awesome. (No sarcasm!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorsty
    Maybe the trash in Icecrown Citadel has the same level of difficulty that the bosses in the Colliseum. :O
    We can only hope

Quote Originally Posted by SyncMaster2
    Btw, boub - why you didnt post this yet?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...69408991&sid=1
    Actually he did a long time ago. You must not read mmo-champ daily ....

07/08/2009 10:01:32 AM PDT .. thats when it got post on official boards.

He didnt post it yet.
    You're retarded. We already knew all this information.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

07/08/2009 10:01:32 AM PDT .. thats when it got post on official boards.

He didnt post it yet.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=69870.0 You were saying?