Raid Composition.

So im trying to put together an Ulduar 25. im new to leading (and composing) and i was wondering if the raid comp. i have now is any good. It covers all buffs/debuffs, but like i said, im new.

Constructive help would be nice.

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

Edit: The Unholy DK is DpS. So drop one tank from the Comp and add a melee DpS

Link Updated! Check it out now. (And just so you know the raid composition was built around people i knows Classes/play styles. I didnt just randomly throw it together.)

Re: Raid Composition.

Bring the player not the class is in full effect. That said there are some things that are nice to have. I'm sure others will come in and help fill in.

I'd say these are pretty dang important.
    -Bloodlust/heroics: Shaman, hands down the single most important buff
    -Magic damage debuff (increases magical damage done)- Boomkins (Earth and Moon), Unholy death knights (Ebon plague), Warlocks (Curse of Elements) Note that using this curse detracts from the warlock's personal DPS so the other two classes are preferable. These effects do not stack.
    -+Hit debuff (increases chance to be hit by 3%)- Boomkins (improved faerie fire); Shadow priests (Misery)
    -Physical damage debuff (reduces armor)- Warrior (sunder), rogue (expose armor)

Others won't be so huge, but are still helpful.
    -Druids for rebirth can save wipes
    -2 paladins can cover the basic blessings
    -priests for stam buff if you really need it I suppose

EDIT: Wow, I totally didn't see that link. Oh well, I still stand by what I wrote. I think that you may have gone a tad overboard, though. It's way more important to take good players in specs the are comfortable with than to put a buff jigsaw puzzle.

But...7 healers may be a tad overboard. And unless that's what you have to work with, there's no reason in particular to bring 2 ret paladins. They will do fine, but aren't a leading dps spec by any stretch. Ditto for Affliction lock.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Deleted

As screwtape said, 7 healers is a bit too much, 6 is enough. I suggest putting another arcane mage instead of a resto druid. Just to give a critrelient class that 3% critbuff.

drop the aff lock for destro

The way the tool works is kinda annoying. Its counting the Unholy as a tank.

bumpalump..

Welcome.

GOT THAT BOOM BOOM BUMP!

Our raid consists of pretty much the following, we are trying to stack high-dps atm, and Ulduar requires alot of raidhealing, so I would suggest your disc priest being dual specced to Holy.

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

Just a few pointers.

Mages, fire is pretty much the way to go now.
    Locks, destro for everything except Yogg pretty much

4 AoE healers and 2 MT healers?

Drop a resto shaman and put an Holy Paladin in, Arcane mages in raid? Oh dear no, Fire is the way, 2 Ret pal is too much, and ther's no Fury warriors.

Bump?

Mages dps isn't what it used to be, so if you're often seeing it on the top of the dps, you might want to consider your other dps's a bit low. Though they deal a sick dps on Hodir/General. ( And in some fights Arcane is better than ffb, arc/fire. ).

You forgot that ret pallys bring 3% damage increase, which no other class does.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

15+ Year Old Account

I think you like Arcane mages far too much. Too many shaman. You shouldn't need more than 2-3 of any one class, and none of them should be the same spec, unless they're healers. Recruiting various dps specs shouldn't pose much of a problem on a decent server.

Get to recruiting dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    4 AoE healers and 2 MT healers?

Drop a resto shaman and put an Holy Paladin in, Arcane mages in raid? Oh dear no, Fire is the way, 2 Ret pal is too much, and ther's no Fury warriors.
    You're commenting on Arcane mages being in the raid but not Frost mages?! Fire is the top spec but Arcane can be competitive on many fights still. Frost however cannot. If it's the 5% crit buff you're looking for take a Fire mage or a Warlock (I forget which spec gives it). There's nothing a Frost Mage can bring that a Fire Mage or Warlock can't bring along with superior dps.

One thing that might be useful is a Frost Death knight, They give a 20% haste buff to the whole raid, Although yes, A shaman can give the same buff with his totems, There can be range issues, and totems have timers, A frost dk's buff however is up 24/7.