Thread: question.

question.

hey, is it possible to make a macro like this?:
    u summon treants, and they automaticly attack your target..

is there any command for a macro that sends your pet on attack?
    thanks in advance

Re: question.

Answer

yes

/petattack

Sends your pet to attack your target. You can also specify a name or unit ID and your pet will attack that instead.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by hypo
    /cast Force of Nature
    /petattack Blizzard

Fixt. with this macro your treants will attack any GM thats within your target range even if you cant see them

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    Fixt. with this macro your treants will attack any GM thats within your target range even if you cant see them
    thanks alot, tho, the problem is that you have to target force of nature somewhere.. wont that matter?

did a little scrounging and i THINK i got what you want

will need to double check to find out if this would work put all 3 into one macro
    /petfollow
    /petattack [target=focus, exists]
    /petattack [target=pettarget, exists]

1 will order a pet to follow you if you have no target or no focus target

2 will order the pet to attack what you have set as focus target

3 will order the pet to attack what you have targeted

and the lower one will always override the higher one so it will always do 3 if you have a target .. may need to do a bit of editing to make the macro yours and do what you want it to do

Deleted

I dont know about you, but most of the time my treants have run to the target i have targeted, and i usually summon them right on top of the mob. If i am not fighting something when they are up, they will usually attack the first thing i shoot at.

Because you have to target trees, the /petattack commands will most likely be lost, since they will run while you have no pet.

A way around this would be to simply make /petattack on a modifier.

Or better yet, keybind pet attack (default shift+t). Use it after you place your trees.

[size=8pt]

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark
    Blizzard said 70 was Chess Board Pvp well 80 Pvp is like checkers, except both teams have chainsaws and can make up their own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Turek
    hey, is it possible to make a macro like this?:
    u summon treants, and they automaticly attack your target..

is there any command for a macro that sends your pet on attack?
    thanks in advance
    another solution is to simply summon your trees and set them on agressive before they despawn, it should remember the setting the next time (and each time after) you summon them. This however, does not gaurentee it will attack your target and will not auto attack yellow targets unless they are attacking you.

Treeants follow the same coding as hunter pets in that while on agressive they will not automatically attack a Croud Controlled target. Hope this helps!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting and posting numbers on forums
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Was that too harsh? (Source)

Easy

/cast treantsummonspell
    M
    /petattack

Obviously you replace treantsummon spell with the name of the spell :P hope that helps. Works for my hunter