Sacred Shield @ 3.2

"Sacred Shield: When a paladin casts Flash of Light on a target with this buff, they also now place a heal-over-time effect on the target, healing that target for 100% of the Flash of Light amount over 12 seconds."

is this a additinal effect , does it still increase crit chance of flash of light %50 ?
    I Dont Read the signature rules

Re: Sacred Shield @ 3.2

the increased crit chance occurs when the target gets the secondary sacred shield buff that absorbs damage.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Sacred shield proc (default 6 seconds) still increases the Flash of Light crit chance by 50% while active. The HoT is placed when you cast Flash of Light on a target that has a 30 or 60 second Sacred Shield, no matter which paladin casted it.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

The Hot is Still useless for MT healing but you might get something out of it if you use it on yourself in pvp or something.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

The HoT is borderline useless in PVE but i am totally stoked to see it in PVP since i am more into the PVP aspects of the game.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Evilhealz
    The HoT is borderline useless in PVE but i am totally stoked to see it in PVP since i am more into the PVP aspects of the game.
    Probably Purge/Dispellable.

Now ..

If they wanted to actually do something that made sense they would make HS+SS give an additional HS HoT instead of FoL HoT. Much more healing and instant cast. Way more PVP viability there.

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally

Now ..

If they wanted to actually do something that made sense they would make HS+SS give an additional HS HoT instead of FoL HoT. Much more healing and instant cast. Way more PVP viability there.
    And PvE too, because you aren't expected to spam a spell with a cooldown.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally

Now ..

Good, I'll have more placeholders for dispels that my opponents can burn their mana on, especially with Stoicism talent.

There already is a HS hot on the t8 2 set, and yes, it blows. However, I am strongly against idea because Holy Shock should be your last priority heal to use in PVE, and therefore, this would even be more useless in PVE than it is right now with FoL because Holy Shock doesn't heal for much, but it costs a ton of mana.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    However, I am strongly against idea because Holy Shock should be your last priority heal to use in PVE, and therefore, this would even be more useless in PVE than it is right now with FoL because Holy Shock doesn't heal for much, but it costs a ton of mana.
    I disagree on this, HS is and will be very usefull PVE spell, esp for 51/20/0 spec in 3.2
    It crits for 11k, gives instant FoL, FoL will be giving HoT, HL wont be used so much anyway....
    HS is also most powerful instant-cast healing spell in game i think... Instant cast makes it really usefull, since it can be squezzed between HLs by other paladin or nourish or
    I know, HS+FoL isnt an option for Uld hard modes, but for most normal bosses is enough
    I gave up on HL spam and using HS+FoL combo and some HL when needed - im more satisfied now, less bored and feel more useful for the raid and i dont top overheal meters anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostius
    I know, HS+FoL isnt an option for Uld hard modes, but for most normal bosses is enough
    So is Flash of Light spam, and it's also a lot more efficient.

Your FoL spam is only viable when you have too many healers in your group. Or for some strange reason you're raid healing.

Go try spamming FoL on some hard modes with your backs against the enrage timer because you have too many healers and not enough dps and see how that works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jathro
    Your FoL spam is only viable when you have too many healers in your group. Or for some strange reason you're raid healing.

Go try spamming FoL on some hard modes with your backs against the enrage timer because you have too many healers and not enough dps and see how that works out.
    You didn't read what I quoted, did you?

the amazing thing about this is that people are still saying the FoL hot is useless.... well, let me explain the rotation for you. I know as paladins, rotations are new for us, but here we go!

Beacon the tank, SS the tank, FoL the tank, HL/FoL/HS WHOEVER YOU WANT OTHER THAN THE TANK for 10 seconds, FoL the tank again, ONCE AGAIN, HEAL WHOEVER YOU WANT for 10 more seconds, SS the tank again, FoL the tank again, did i mention at this point you can heal whoever you want? then repeat the entire cycle....

the FoL hot isn't wasted, because every bit of it ticks on the tank, just like every other hot, you are still effectively healing the tank. IN FACT, you are healing the tank more effectively than you are in 3.1, AND you are able to raid heal.

so in essence, you are complaining about the ability to keep a hot on the tank, keep constant heals rolling on the tank, AND keep constant heals rolling on the raid? I am confused...

and yes, I know you didn't complain about the other, but several people have said the hot is useless... and it is small yes, but by no means useless. I hate that we are losing int, but otherwise, our HPS is going up, no matter how you look at it.

15+ Year Old Account

Here is the problem with the FoL hot though.

Once you have spent the over 2k Mana to cast SS and BoL on the tank the next FoL you cast on the tank just to get the HoT started is pretty much a waste of mana for very little in return even for a Crit FoL.

A HoT that proced off of HS would have a larger heal per tick ratio than FoL and the 5-6 second CD on HS would limit snipping until people get accustom to working with this mechanism.

I dont have a problem with the SS HoT. I just have a problem with it procing from such a small heal as FoL. Tanks aren't just another player. They are the ones standing there Holding the bosses attention and eating the big hits. Their entire gear philosophy is based on this.

A FoL spread out over the length of the HoT is in fact useless for tank healing in any environment whether it is 5 mans or 25 mans. It just isnt enough to make a difference.

10+ Year Old Account

shockpally makes some valid points, another is that while all other healers have more raid healing they also have more spells to choose from for healing while paladins are stuck with 3 other classes can have up to 6 or more. There are much better ways they could have went about giving paladins raid heals in exchange for mana effectiveness the problem is most likely that the majority of the designers at blizz are working on other projects while the onces that are left are stuck with 10x there normal work load and cant keep up.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by praetora
    the FoL hot isn't wasted, because every bit of it ticks on the tank, just like every other hot, you are still effectively healing the tank.
    I'll agree with that. I'm certainly not going to say a free hot is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by praetora
    IN FACT, you are healing the tank more effectively than you are in 3.1, AND you are able to raid heal.
    This I don't agree with. Yes, we can raid heal. But I don't think that means we are healing the tank more effectively. In fact, what I see us doing is overhealing the raid more, basically forcing heals onto a raid member in order for the Beacon'd tank to continue to receive heals. When in reality, we could have just healed the tank directly like we have been. Essentially this change just means however big your heal is will heal the tank. So (likely) overhealing the raid member and (likely) overhealing the tank. And they wanted us to be more efficient healers?

Understand I'm not saying you're wrong - just that I'm not sure you're right.

except if you are overhealing raid members with HL you are also getting the HL splash....

and who said you had to overheal the raid? if they arent taking any damage, it is fine to just heal the tank... it isn't mandatory to overheal the raid constantly.... although it IS much smarter, in fact, just heal a pet that takes 40% more healing... the CHOICES ARE ENDLESS!