Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Rogues feel their perfectly balanced

for everyone complaining about oh we dont do damage on targets with plate gtfo instead of whipping out that 3 k eviscerate use either envenom or if you refuse to use deadly poison youve got this nice move thats called expose armor. use it
    nerfs tickle at best
    people who reroll or quit due to nerfs are sissys

the DMG a rogue can inflict using PVP gear is ridiculus tbh...
    the DMG they cna inflict wearing PVE gear in fine but that makes the 2 shot from DK retri or warrior

in the other hand a full conquerror DK will produce TONS more DMG than a rogue with unparalleled survivability as well as a retri and a warrior

the only thing that keeps a rogue viable in arenas ATM is WOUND POISON
    in high ratings where warrs retris and DKs know how to play a rogue stands no chance..

say DK/DRUID VS rogue /druid

if u are a DK and u lose then u are an idiot

bottom line.. rogues NEED more survivability...i play in a cafe that has 20 customers that play wow every night and i cannot recall the lols i hear about the DMG rogues take..

rogues need more survivability and MUCH more DMG in PVP gear ..
    i would love to see trainable riposte and a kind of self heal talent for mutilate (heals 5% of DMG dealt or smth)

people still think rogues are hi DMG dealers because of mage/rogue setups..

Quote Originally Posted by Vrillon
    But what else does a Warrior have but plate?

their survivability in PVP is pathetic at best, Warriors for some reason are easy to kill in literally 3 hits, they got absolutely no cool downs to negate alot of damage unless they are prot, they are just a setting chicken.

Rogues while they wear leather, look at them, COS, Vanish, many many stuns and CC abilities, and can still put out the same damage a Warrior can.

shield wall spell reflect .. disarms ,self heals
    l2 use them its easy

and NO.rogues in same PVP gear with a warr they produce hellishly lowers DMG than the warrior.
    if the rogue is in PVE gear yes he can put out more DMG but then its gg ..charge mortal strike white hit bladestorm GG

if i see anyone in arena with pve gear they will die instantly. rogues survive the longest.

a pve dk will die just as fast as anyone else

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    if i see anyone in arena with pve gear they will die instantly. rogues survive the longest.

a pve dk will die just as fast as anyone else
    No. And the pve dk gets to through 10k frost strikes around.

And lock's qq'ing about rogues?
    in s4 with decent resilience you had a good chance against rogues and now you are OUR anticlass, if you play destruction.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Boombjørn
    You should only post about pvp on MMO if you want to help others with some questions, if you want to discuss anything, you should go to Arena Junkies. Do not expect that ppl, who don't even want to do an effort to get Glad titel, will give you an straight answer regarding class balance.

But I'll throw my opinion on this topic:

Yes, I think Rogues do alot of damage, but atleast they don't possess sick amount of burst, like Ferals, Ret's and Desto Locks. They can maintain high amount of damage though, and that can be quiet dangerous combined with their stuns. But once you get realy good gear, and play with one or more partners who can manage to peel the Rogue off you, You'll be fine.

But cutting off 8-10% of their damage, would even things out alot more out.
    bolded this as QFT ...

rogues are nowhere near a powerhouse in the top bracket unless in synergy with another good CCer... unless its cleave where their use is stuns and wound poison...

2v2 bracket is dead... and 5v5 is just FoK rogues or NO rogues...
    Currently i think rogues are to squishy but they had a TON of nerfs already after wotlk shipped and the burst is almost entirely removed from the class. but good players will still manage to play well on broken classes (currently shamans)

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    feral druid have 3.2% of Pop above 2200 in 2v2.
    Not good but not bad.
    Considering it's a hybrid class aswell

Quote Originally Posted by georgie123
    Considering it's a hybrid class aswell
    and it is only one spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake
    Inexistant argument is inexistant.

If i want to know the RP and RMP représentation there another breakdown called "Team statistics", here this is the "Class statistics". Rogue and priests are very similar, and RP is not the only viable comp, because priest can team up with Ret, Mage, DK, Hunt, Feral.

This graphics show that rogues have also other teams than RP, otherwise the class would be much more in the down of the breakdown, wich prove that that's not only Disc Priest, or the RP compo which are a little bit too powerful : /
    nonexistent?

For some strange reason, when i play my rogue my gaming skills just turn godly.
    So i think im a great great player.
    Then i log some of my others classes.
    But rogues beat me.
    Where did my skills go?
    So i log my rogue again.
    MY SKILLS CAME BACK AND I OWN AGAIN.
    Then i log my other classes.
    And my skills disapeared again.
    So i log my rogue.
    AND I PWN AGAIN.
    So i log my others classes and rogues own me again.
    So i log my rogue and........................

I posted the above in another thread, but it is a true story.

Rogues own in all aspects of PvP, the only classes they can struggle against with players of equal gear is mages and palladins. (and then its still an even fight) Even druids drop fast as pie these days. DK's are now suscetable to stunlock instgibs just like every other class is.

Rogue is just Blizzards baby class, as soon as they whine once, they get buffed back into PvP gods.

I dont mind them being OP so much as the ability they get to make another player lose total control of their character for 40 seconds or more.

Disgusting class.

so i was playing on the rogue since my pally account got hacked and i did an 800 eviscerate crit on a bear druid..... i lol'd
    nerfs tickle at best

Quote Originally Posted by kainron
    so i was playing on the rogue since my pally account got hacked and i did an 800 eviscerate crit on a bear druid..... i lol'd
    And we all loll'ed at you for using eviscerate instead of envonem.

You got l2p issues

I'd sacrifice some of the mobility of my rogue(defensive vanish, CoS out of nova, blind) for some of the passive survivability of my warrior. If you're a rogue caught in the open by another rogue, things don't look good for you if you're trinket's down. A warrior can eat it and gain a major chunk of his health through arms/fury talents and pop a pain suppression (shield wall, I know it can be dismantled). The strategy of 'let's sit on the rogue since he has no outs after vanish/prep" is scripted, and gets old for both the people chasing the rogue and the rogue itself. I feel that my rogue could be much, much worse off, but think it's naive of Blizzard to think they're done tuning them.

if you read my previous posts i suggested using envenoms. i just found it funny that killing stuff on a rogue is just as mindless as any other class muti to five combo points and watch the big eviscerate crit.
    nerfs tickle at best

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nobanme
    But rogues beat me.
    Where did my skills go?
    So i log my rogue again.
    So i log my rogue.
    AND I PWN AGAIN.

Rogues own in all aspects of PvP, the only classes they can struggle against with players of equal gear is mages and palladins. (and then its still an even fight) Even druids drop fast as pie these days. DK's are now suscetable to stunlock instgibs just like every other class is.

Rogue is just Blizzards baby class, as soon as they whine once, they get buffed back into PvP gods.

I dont mind them being OP so much as the ability they get to make another player lose total control of their character for 40 seconds or more.

Disgusting class.
    You sir, are a troll. Now get out!

Quote Originally Posted by nobanme
    But rogues beat me.
    Where did my skills go?
    So i log my rogue again.
    So i log my rogue.
    AND I PWN AGAIN.

Disgusting class.
    i play with 18k hp, 300 resil and no pvp trinket...why do rogues kill me in a stun lock?! why do i have to eat an entire ks...o wait...

Normally i stay away from pvp "is my class balanced, is your class op" topics, since it is my firm belief that Blizz will never, ever find a way to balance WoW (if you want "fair" pvp look for some other game) and to argue otherwise is foolish and naive.

That being said as to the topic of whether Rogues are balanced in arenas, blizz cannot tone down the stuns, burst, "let me vanish and start the fight over, opps i am losing let me run away, well now il restart the fight by going prepration then vanish, here le me blind you" without compromising thier surviablity in pve. And as annoying as it is to be stunned or cc'ed from X amount of time, it is paramount for rogues in pve, in questing in grinding etc..

So until, lets say theoritcally blizz finds a way to up rogues surviveablity in pve, the pvp style of gameplay will never, ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    And lock's qq'ing about rogues?
    in s4 with decent resilience you had a good chance against rogues and now you are OUR anticlass, if you play destruction.
    I hate to be so cliche, but if you honestly believe that a destro lock has a solid chance against a rogue you need to learn to play. If you think that a destro lock is a rogues ANTICLASS then you are beyond help.

Quote Originally Posted by Omy
    I hate to be so cliche, but if you honestly believe that a destro lock has a solid chance against a rogue you need to learn to play. If you think that a destro lock is a rogues ANTICLASS then you are beyond help.
    Destro Warlocks have more than a solid chance 1v1 against a Rogue. So the Rogue opens on the Warlock with a cheapshot, the Warlock seduces(no...I'm not taking will of the forsaken into account here) him and instantly fears him. This is followed up my an immolate and chaos bolt, which is then followed by a conflagrate. That combination alone is more than enough burst to take down a rogue 90% of the time...all in the duration of a fear. So say the Rogue trinkets the fear and vanishes/CoS(if immolate is on them) to reset the fight. He then reopens on the Warlock to either be seduced again, or to watch the Warlock pop his trinket and instantly teleport away and start with his rotation again. For the sake of arguement lets say that the Rogue was able to close distance on the Warlock again before he is taken down, but wait.. he is Deathcoiled and feared again.

Honestly Destruction Warlocks can absolutely melt a Rogues face right now unless the Rogue plays them perfectly... which is not a easy thing to do with the CC a Warlock has 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulwarri
    Destro Warlocks have more than a solid chance 1v1 against a Rogue. So the Rogue opens on the Warlock with a cheapshot, the Warlock seduces(no...I'm not taking will of the forsaken into account here) him and instantly fears him. This is followed up my an immolate and chaos bolt, which is then followed by a conflagrate. That combination alone is more than enough burst to take down a rogue 90% of the time...all in the duration of a fear. So say the Rogue trinkets the fear and vanishes/CoS(if immolate is on them) to reset the fight. He then reopens on the Warlock to either be seduced again, or to watch the Warlock pop his trinket and instantly teleport away and start with his rotation again. For the sake of arguement lets say that the Rogue was able to close distance on the Warlock again before he is taken down, but wait.. he is Deathcoiled and feared again.

Honestly Destruction Warlocks can absolutely melt a Rogues face right now unless the Rogue plays them perfectly... which is not a easy thing to do with the CC a Warlock has 1v1.
    Terrible destro locks have no chance against rogues but good destro locks that can use shadowfury, seduce and their trinket have a great shot at beating them like the above poster said. Don't be bad and you'll be fine.