Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Convince me to Stay/Quit

Just quit, if you really think you are so damn good go use your time on rocket science or brain surgery.

Give me your account info, ill vendor all your stuff and take all your gold, then you will have a reason to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Tell me to quit, or not, and state the reasons why.
    No.

Wownerd says stop QQ and come back so he can gank your noob ass

Quote Originally Posted by Tabernath
    Games are for FUN.
    Please quit.
    It's as simple as that.

World of Warcraft is not an epic life choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseous
    Quit, there are more epic battles in real life that need to be fought.

Blizzard hates you and thinks you should go jump into a flaming bleach bathtub with your computer and toaster.

You should definatly stay.

You can quit the game for now, and you will call it a break after a while :P

It's just that if you quit right now you're gonna have a LOT of time on your hands (I had the same thing a few times) and it's best to have like a small game to play while you look for something to fill up that time. However after a while the feeling of WoW will begin to gnaw on you and you go and check a patch note or something.
    You get interested again and active your account and there's a ton of new stuff due to the patch releases and the things you find mundane, repetitive and boring right now will have regained some of its charm :P

It could take a while, but most of us end up this way XD

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    As per the title, I'm contemplating throwing in the towel. Reasons:

1) Ease - the only thing remotely fun to me are Hard mode bosses. I borrowed a friend's character and did 20% more dps than he does on a regular basis. I teach people how to play their class to the point where I don't even need to see their gear or spec anymore. One recount parse and I know your problem.

2) PVP - seriously, what happened? It's like wintergrasp taught people how to be even more retarded.

3) Time - this is the big factor. I have about 20 hours a week to play, which I know I could spend doing something else. 20 hours a week seems like a lot too, but at the end of the week it feels insufficient.

4) Realm - I play on a good server for casuals, but I'm not truly casual. I'm not truly hardcore either. What I'd love is 12 hours a week based on an Pacific Standard Time schedule that focuses entirely on hardmodes with people who are capable. I don't want 15 hours a week based on late night CST raiding with people who die on 1 tower Flame Leviathan, or repetedly wipe at 3% on Auriaya. Hell, I've pugged with the top guild on the server, maintained #1 dps and oneshot just about everything in Ulduar.

5) Friends - all my friends play wow, but I don't feel like I've made any in-game. I don't have any reasons to stay on the server or wow, but think I'll feel left out if I do switch/quit.

So, have at it my warlock bretheren. Tell me to quit, or not, and state the reasons why.
    you'll more than likely quit for awhile and come back when u have nothing to do in the real world for those 20 hours

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for all the good (and bad) replies so far.

Quote Originally Posted by danoob
    but without knowing you from your post you seem like the kind that insults your pugs.
    I'm actually the kind of guy who sits back and pushes for raid-wide improvements calmly, supported the successes. After the raid, privately, I contact a few people and say "I saw a few things you could be doing better. Would you like some advice? I don't want to force my opinion on you, its just a game :P"

Also, I don't consider myself an elitist whatsoever. Someone needs help, I help. We wipe all night on Auriaya because people can't look at DBM to see when the Defender is going to die, I chime in on vent (politely) reminding them that it's going to die soon and to be ready to move. I'm just getting tired of doing that. But at the same time, I'm getting tired of people turning corners without signalling, so whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertao The Pro
    Blizzard hates you and thinks you should go jump into a flaming bleach bathtub with your computer and toaster.

You should definatly stay.
    I lol'd. Win.

Quote Originally Posted by NaitFury
    Just quit, if you really think you are so damn good go use your time on rocket science or brain surgery.
    I really didn't intend to come off as superior. If being good at wow required brain-surgery level intelligence, we're in a rough state if they all play video games instead of fixing the worlds problems :P

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Diseous
    Quit, there are more epic battles in real life that need to be fought.

I actually ran into almost exactly the same problem. I'd log in at least a few hours a day Mine a little, Raid a little, but every time I log off i realize that i havnt done a damn thing in the last 2 hours. Pretty much stopped playing aside from logging in for BGs every so often. Picked up Prototype, finally finished Bioshock, Working out again. You're right, 20 hours a week is time to do a lot of other things, and honestly, even though i dont log in nearly as often, I actually enjoy the time I spend playing WoW a lot more now. It feels fun again, instead of a part-time job.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Why click the topic if your just going to be a bitch? Gtfo if your not going to add something to the topic.
    Did you even read the OP?

15+ Year Old Account

You said:

You know, I'm so happy to see ppl create threads to whine and QQ to everyone else about staying or leaving. Do you have to take a vote to decide which bathroom stall to use? Or take a poll to figure out what to eat tonight? Good luck in the dating scene, women are going to love you.

If you're burntout/bored, quit and stfu.
    My reply: I'm engaged, getting married next year. If I wasn't, I'd be applying to top 100 guilds as I'd have no responsibilities to other people whatsoever. I'm asking here, in the warlock forums, where I post 30 times a day helping people and contributing to their enjoyment of the game because for once I have a question I can't answer myself. Sure, it might be QQ, but given how much time people can put into this game how can you blame them? When people think about quitting their jobs for something else, are their concerns QQ? Some people think video games can be as addicting as alcohol, are people quitting alcohol qq'ing?

Quote Originally Posted by Khazid
    I actually ran into almost exactly the same problem. I'd log in at least a few hours a day Mine a little, Raid a little, but every time I log off i realize that i havnt done a damn thing in the last 2 hours. Pretty much stopped playing aside from logging in for BGs every so often. Picked up Prototype, finally finished Bioshock, Working out again. You're right, 20 hours a week is time to do a lot of other things, and honestly, even though i dont log in nearly as often, I actually enjoy the time I spend playing WoW a lot more now. It feels fun again, instead of a part-time job.
    This is a good summation of where I'm going and where I want to be. Thank you for your post.

R.I.P. YARG

Well, you did not really give us enough information.

Do you have a family that the 20 hours would be better served with?

If so quit, after all, THIS IS A GAME, We ALL need to tell ourselves that once in a while. Real life is more important. If you are not having fun playing the game then quit. Staying is just wasting your time and your money.

I on more than one occasion have taken a month or 2 off. Maybe that is what you need. Take a break and if you miss it come back when 3.2 goes live in a couple months.

As you made a thread like this I think you should at the very least take a break.
    Why play a game if you question if it's worth your time or not when there are thing in life that is most certainly worth your time.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: See you in Icecrown

Thank you everyone (esp Diseous and Kraken).

I'll continue to lurk here (what else will I do at work) but it seems like it's break time. We'll see how much Arthas and the next expansion float my boat.

R.I.P. YARG

Re: Thanks for the support/help

the only people who care you are quitting are your guild..only as long as the spot remains unfilled.

cry more emo kid

Quote Originally Posted by Khazid
    Likewise my gametime has gone down to almost non existant. When I raid I do so as a feral druid and a destro warlock as and when needed, I also have around 6 toons at lv 80 - it wasn't time comsuming and nor was getting them geared up. TBH since doing that there is very little to di aside raiding, doing the AT dailies and spending 1-2 hours herbing/ mining/ fishing for the week as I have more than enough gold.

I'm not really taking a break as of yet - the game isn't as fun as it used to but I've known my guild for a long time, I am the co leader and just think there isn't a lot more to do. Its a game, I don't play it past what I feel like, I won't quit because logging in 3-4 hours for a raid, dailies then going and doing other stuff is more fun to me.. Right now there isn't a lot of people I can think of playing more than that.

Lastly, its not up to people to tell you to stay or leave. End of the day everyone could beg you to stay, but if you are set in it all you;ve done is make a 10 page forum thread before working out your thoughts on it. That's not necessarily a criticism, its more of an acknowledgment that stranges on the internet will either behave hot or cold and won't really influence you much. For what its worth yeah - I love playing a warlock, its the only class ingame aside from my druid I'd stick with. Granted the OP is one of the new people not to whine and actually says stuff that is generally very beneficial, yet still gets flamed which is a bit of a laugh. You spend a lot of time in a game, in a marriage or a profession its going to be a big choice, my advice would be "never say never" and just do what you feel like.

Re: Thanks for the support/help

I, for one, demand that you stay.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dominate
    That's not necessarily a criticism, its more of an acknowledgment that strangers on the internet will either behave hot or cold and won't really influence you much.
    And yet you can still get well thought out and respectful posts like yours. "Stranger" things have happened

R.I.P. YARG