Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Horde plate (paladin) set

I was pretty sure WoW was done with all the Fel BS from BC but guess I was wrong. WTF do spikes crackled with green have anything to do with us. When I first saw this set i thought wow thats something a shaman would wear. Oh well atleast we got a decent looking set with t8 for once.

We shouldnt really expect another good looking set for another 3 years.

yeah i made an account just to reply to this thread...

looking at the set bonus for each set, if you are holy or prot, and you disslike this gear, you are prety much SOL, the 4pc looks like it will be your BiS. I would guess that for prot, there will be a pair of shoulders out there that will be your non tier BiS, so you get some spiffy looking shoulders that are not green, you can hide your helm, and you can wear a tabard to hide most of the rest of your gear set. Similar applys for Holy, but i would guess that if you are looking to be BiS geared, you will have to wear the shoulder plates.

I play a ret paladin, and i must say that i am pleased with this new armor set. The 4pc bonus looks like it wont be worth having so i will only have to equip 2 pieces of tier loot, now i personally like the look of the shoulders, reminds me of Funwell. And from a DPS standpoint i think they scream face-smash. So i will most likley run around with shoulders and 1 other piece, whatever ends up being BiS.

In regards to lore, i do recall some scene in Shat where leader of the Blood Knights swore alegience to the Naru, but wasnt the original source of Blood Knight & Blood Elf power a Naru, Arcane magic, so after the Naru from Silvermoon city was removed, where is Belf power comming from?

Quote Originally Posted by m4e

In regards to lore, i do recall some scene in Shat where leader of the Blood Knights swore alegience to the Naru, but wasnt the original source of Blood Knight & Blood Elf power a Naru, Arcane magic, so after the Naru from Silvermoon city was removed, where is Belf power comming from?
    High elfs always had magic. They had magic, way long before humans had. The problem is that they were/are addicted to magic, and they wanted more. That's why they captured M'uru, because they wanted more. Kael was the leader of this insanity, and when he betrayed Silvermoon, the Blood Knights went to Adal and became part of the shat sun offensive, so they could fight the Sunwell, where M'uru and KJ were.

I didnt raid much in BC. Casual SSC, TK in a weaker guild cuz. i probably saw the movie at some point online just dont remember it.

If all you say is true, then this color scheme is completely justified. Getting power from the sunwell, sunwell theme gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Blood Elf Power is coming from the now cleansed Sunwell. Didn't you ever see the ending after defeating KJ, either in video or in game? They dunked M'uru into it, which being a Naruu, he's in harmony with the Sunwell. When a Naruu is close to death, it starts to turn darker. M'uru was an unusual case in that he was being somewhat controlled by the demon Entropius. When he died, he became a jet black shard and was put into the rest/rebirth state they enter at the end of a life.

By putting a naruu waiting on rebirth into the lightest place on earth will heal it, and in turn, help cleanse, and keep clean, the sunwell.

As such, we're embracing the power, rather than taking it by force. The old lore said we were stealing it by siphoning from a Naruu. This is true. When the Sunwell was cleansed, Lady Liadrin denounced all our loyalties to the "house of Kael'Thas", and pledged to help bring us back from the edge of destruction, and away from the magic addiction.

The green eyes you see are because we DID take power from demons at one point. Kael'thas appealed to Illidan, and he taught us how to siphon energy from demons. Take a look at the Patch 2.4 trailer. The old Mana Tap ability shows this "theory" in action.

We were actually the ones who taught Humans to wield magic... well, it was High Elves, but we're decendents to them.

Quote Originally Posted by m4e
    I didnt raid much in BC. Casual SSC, TK in a weaker guild cuz. i probably saw the movie at some point online just dont remember it.

If all you say is true, then this color scheme is completely justified. Getting power from the sunwell, sunwell theme gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJuC4zpMSAQ

And now that the Sunwell is cleansed, there is no reason for the fel green either.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviana

it kinda looks like the warrior s3/t6 well the helmet does

BRB re-re-rolling Human Paladin again...

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake
    It looks nothing like the warrior set.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...n_PvP_Sets.jpg
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...r_PvP_Sets.jpg

Giving horde paladins Phoenix on their shoulders, would look awesome.
    Look at the paladin link. Note the male Draenei standing on the right half of the page. That's the epic paladin pvp gear.

All right, now look at the warrior link. Note the female Dwarf standing on the right half of the page. That's the epic alliance warrior pvp gear.

It's the same exact set. The garbage Blood Elf set in the paladin link that looks like a set of greens cannot possibly be what you really want, can it?

Unless you didn't realize that you were asking for an Alliance set for a Horde toon to begin with, in which case you're still stupid, just in a slightly different way.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Said it before, say it again. Even-numbered tier sets are/were at least good, if not awesome. Odd-numbered tend to suck. Alliance lucked out... this time.

#1, Banana suit, extra shiny
    #2, Judgement, Harbringer of Reckbombs
    #3, Spaceman Spiff
    #4, Justicar (not great, but not terrible)
    #5, Pretty Pink Pally Ranger
    #6, Lightbringer, Shiny but not too shiny
    #7, Spaceman Spiff, now with different colors
    #8, Aegis, Return of the dress, another good-but-not-great
    #9, Turalyon's seems pretty win. Liadrin's ought to be renamed Samus'. Needs more radioactiveness for extra non-pally features.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

I don't like the new set, from the first moment I saw it I hated it. Why it has Liadrin's name on it I'll never know, since it looks nothing like her armor. As many people have said, we Blood Knights have broken our contract with Kael's methods and are now getting our power from the fully cleansed, pure Sunwell. There is nothing Fel about our magic. Honestly, our colors are black and red, and that is what our armor should be, with maybe some silver or gold thrown in if they had to. I don't like the shoulders either, but I know we wont get a special design from everyone else's plate so we can't complain about that. I just wish they would ditch the bright green and stay more true to our colors.
    My ragebar is blue...AND I START THE FIGHT PISSED OFF!
    Quote Originally Posted by esontai
    If Deathwing so much as uses the word setback I'm gonna be p*ssed.