Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: If feral had a unique form, what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    They would work fine, mana user is the only thing missing from feral tree, this would fit that role. and it would be melee/spells (I.E. Poisons) Basically my idea is a hybrid poison system where it can go up to 5 stacks and have different effects for the number of stacks/type of poison, similar to combo points. The only difference is the manner in which some poisons would be inflicted, the more painful ones would be administered through melee attacks, less powerful/debuff ones from a distance. Serpent Form would basically be a pet less hunter type combat (more complex tho because that's why feral is so fun ).
    [Serpent Form] ^ BAM

The feral forms are the only forms being changed model wise and being improved upon, and now you want another one?

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    turn into a warrior so that you can tank and dps with the same form
    this

They could call the new form "Anger Management Bear" and it has unlimited rage, but the downside is it has to go to meetings 3 times a week =p

Quote Originally Posted by Bek
    Cthulu form obviously

THIS !

I do really like the serpent form idea. Mana using melee with some range isn't necessarily some niche that only pallies and shamans should be allowed fill, and I think it could be a welcome design mechanic. I think reliance on poisons could be a very welcome play-style as well. Combining bleeds and poisons from two forms could make for a play style like melee lock. Also, I just think it would be good aesthetically with a Cataclysm/Maelstrom expansion (which I believe is next) especially, since you're not exactly a Naga, but still get that "adapted to water environment' kind of feel.

As for some of the other ideas, I think they're good, but I don't think they'll be implemented. Wolf would just be stealing a Shaman's thunder, so it's out. A drake, gryphon, flighted combat thing I just don't see happening. Yes, the mechanics are there, but they are designed and intended as vehicles. Making a druid-like Hero Class I think is inevitable, but I really don't expect too much shape-shifting out of it for the same reasons they don't let Demonology Warlocks turn into a demon permanently. They have a shapeshifting class, and even if a Hero Class is an extension of the druid, they will find a way to not just make it a Superdruid with all the same tricks.

The metamorphasis-like werewolf/bear I think has some potential, but is unlikely. It is different from metamorphosis in that it is melee, but its very similar to a distinct, unique ability. I think some variation on this might be more viable like someone posted about using specific animal parts for attacks, something more humanoid, but still animalistic.

Another thing I think might be interesting is a feral human form. Some visual changes would happen, I'm thinking something along the lines of a Dire Troll, but obviously not so big. It has the elements of a feral, untamed beast, but combines it with the mastery over primal instincts. I don't think this is likely, either, as it has potential design flaws, but just another idea.

I know there are some holes in a fair amount of the stuff above, but I just tried to keep it brief.

"Pack Form"
    On a 5 minute CD, lasts 30 seconds.
    You split into a pack of 5 cats!
    All their individual DPS is slightly lowered.
    Damage is split between them, or so long as one lives so does caster.

Deleted

Worm Form

You cut one in half and it turns into 2 new worms, etc. Now THATS a tank. "omg tank down" "no worries, now we have an offtank"

Manbearpig?
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

wolpertinger

Something like that.And it will have runic power system
    You can't use this while stunned.

i am going to toss out the idea of wolf form again, just because i can. :P

I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    That wouldn't work, Orc's and Human's have a different number of chromosomes.
    WoW: The only fictional world where chromosomes matter.

imo, serpent form, like the druids in WC. i'd figure it as a cat form w/ poisons

Quote Originally Posted by SunstrikefromSC
    Manbearpig?
    nahh, Pigbearman.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJakkass86
    Balance and Resto both get their own unique forms, whereas we ferals only have cat/bear which everyone can get.

If feral was to get it's own unique shapeshift, what animal would it be, and what would it do?

My personal idea would be something along the lines of a lion with wings, kinda like this:
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1144/...0ca804.jpg?v=0

It would have it's own unique skills (not sure on what resource system though):
    -It would have high armor (though not as high as the dire bear)
    -It would have the ability to fly via Feral Charge - Whatever that thing is called. (also, it could fly when out of combat like normal flight form).
    -It would have the ability to bite a target which it would have to channel, this would cause the enemy to be stunned and take bleed DoT
    -It would have spell dmg reduction (skill or passive?) that would fold it's wings over itself to reduce impact
    -It would have some sort of pushback skill. I'm thinking a distance-closer that upon connection will drag a player back say.. 15 yards (you would physically push them there, and thus stll be in melee range after pushing them away)
    -Silencing roar
    That would be totally not OP at all.
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

We all know feral isn't the strongest in pvp. Maybe a new form could be a "pvp form" for ferals, bringing together the survivability of the bear and the damage of the cat.