Early Hunter Questions.

Very quickly.

Whats the best spec to use when leveling a hunter?
    Whats the best pet to be using?

Perviously when i leveled one before it was Beast Mastery and the Ravager for Dps. But i have no idea now. =)

Thanks!

Re: Early Hunter Questions.

i'd go bm with a bear for solo and a wolf for instances.
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

I'd agree with going BM,
    but for a pet use a turtle.
    Those things are BEASTS when it comes to tanking things when you're leveling.
    If you plan on doing instances though, its basically up to you. (though wolf, cat and ravager are l33t <3 )

Quote Originally Posted by Evallyn
    I'd agree with going BM,
    but for a pet use a turtle.
    Those things are BEASTS when it comes to tanking things when you're leveling.
    If you plan on doing instances though, its basically up to you. (though wolf, cat and ravager are l33t <3 )
    Hahahahahaa yes they are Beasts :P With that op shell for 50 % dmg reduce is amazing ;P
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

I am gonna ask something here aswell.
    I am leveling a hunter at the moment, level 72.Beast mastery spec,with Devilsaur pet.Tried Rhino for some levels,sure beats the dino when it comes to elites but anyway.I have used Bm since level 10, never respec but now i am kinda bored of it,not disappointed tho.So anyone tried leveling as Survival?If yea please submit a talent tree if possible to compare with the one i have in mind at the moment.And what kind of pet are using? When it comes to regular mobs ofc,not elites.

thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

I leveled my hunter as surv the majority of the time. I have used the same cat (rare spawn from WS) for all leveling since I hit level 57 and tamed her. Obviously the spec has been tweaked over time as changes have been made. But basically I used the standard pvp spec for leveling. If you play on a pvp server I find this more useful then I do bm on my other hunter. Once your big red time is done, you will die as bm doesn't have the one-v-one abilities other trees do. IMO look at any pvp hunter's spec and go right down the tree in surv first.

***Yes I used a cat, but a wolf would provide a greater increase in dps. Main reason I like cat is I can pair prowl with shadowmeld.

As for the op. BM is still the main leveling specc preferred by most. As for a pet Bears have always seemed to be a fan favorite. Once you get to mid 30's I believe it is, look at the gorilla options. Thunderstomp can be useful and holding aggro on multiple mobs. Otherwise you can get a similar effect out of owls (I think) with their screech ability. But it is not as durable as a tenacity pet.