Thread: Glacier Rot.

Glacier Rot.

ok up until recently, i had been refreshing howling blast on the last tick of my disease to not miss glacier rot on it, but after recently trying an obliterate instead...followed by dumping with subsequent frost strikes, i didn't notice a drop in frost strikess damage, or the following howling blast's.

Therefore, i reread the tooltip, and figured it must be because of the additional death knights in the group. the tooltip reads that the buff is applied when attacking "diseased enemies." so what i figured is that they don't have to be my diseases. why this is hard for me to test is because i need another dk, and i'd rather just ask here than waste time. before i do additional tests, can anyone save me time and confirm that glacier rot buff works towards enemies diseased by a different DK?

Re: Glacier Rot.

nobody knows?

I dont have an 80 death knight, but by the tooltip i would assume it means any diseases, even Devouring plague from priests. If it was just yours it would read "Targets afflicted by your diseases" and not "Targets afflicted by diseases".

Though like I said, I dont have a 80 DK so I cannot test it, but I would bet a sizeable chunk of money its any diseases.

Glacier Rot does work when there are diseases from other DKs on the target.(Unsure about Devouring Plague)

Tundra Stalker and Rage of Rivendare also work this way.
    HOWEVER Your Obliterate and Blood Strike(and similar abilities) will NOT gain their bonus damage against these targets.
    You know, the 12.5% damage per disease Obliterate gains, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Glacier Rot does work when there are diseases from other DKs on the target.(Unsure about Devouring Plague)

Tundra Stalker and Rage of Rivendare also work this way.
    HOWEVER Your Obliterate and Blood Strike(and similar abilities) will NOT gain their bonus damage against these targets.
    You know, the 12.5% damage per disease Obliterate gains, for example.
    thanks.

and ya i did know that about obliterate and blood strike, the tooltip is pretty clear in that sense. what i'm talking about are for 2 specific cases, where it's alright to get some FS out before refreshing HB, and HBing over OB to get the buff up again before it drops. now i know i can do the first and don't have to do the second...and will additionally benefit from more rime procs from the extra OB

Just a little note about Devouring Plague..

You could use Pestilence on Devouring Plague to spead it to everyone around you, it got fixed a while back though. Funny while it lasted though xD
    Make sure to check out this thread made just for you before you make new topics.

Death Knight Guide/Q&A

If you know something which you think should be in the guide, then just let me know and i'll add it!