Shadowplay will most likely be very viable s7

/thread

Re: Season 7 Shadowplay

Quote Originally Posted by Ake
    i declare lucky_ the winner

Shadowplay will most likely be very viable s7

/thread
    i didn't say it wouldn't

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

replace lock with boomkin and go owlplay

cyclone and fear dont share DR :P

Shadowplay has always been viable.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    i didn't say it wouldn't
    you on illidan US? i've been looking for an alliance who doesn't blow at this game to fuck around with in my (copious)free time.

anyway, as per discussion, i feel this comp will become more viable than it has previously (meaning, higher number of players playing the comp at higher ratings), but i think the comp has some very major flaws.

1) the squishiness of a spriest has never really been addressed, and i don't think it ever will. for one, you only have one school with which to deal damage. if that school is locked out, your DPS is cut to 0, and there is no way you can BURN someone down with DoTs alone, something must be cast. what would follow is a "get out of shadowform and heal" scenario which is even worse, because the squishiness factor is increased by a factor of 1.15 (since they lose the 15% damage mitigation).

2) the comp relies heavily on the lock for control since the lock is the only one with reliable CC (the other two have CC, but they are on a relatively lengthy CD)

3) for the super burst down during lust, that requires a destro lock, and destro locks suffer from the same problem as spriests: too easily shut down by any melee.

4) the biggest problem of all: it is too easily countered by RMP. send the rouge on the lock, the mage on the spriest and the disc priest on the shammy, and total control goes to the RMP.

BfA Beta Time

There are flaws in every setup, lets not even begin on RMP as it counters most!!
    But Spriest will no longer be anywhere near as squishy as they are now due to the res changes plus shadow form, and shadowplay never relied soley on BL/Heroism it was an added bonus. It relies on steady damage on numerous targets with frequent switches on targets that drop low until a fear is landed added now with Hex and psychic horror. With shadowplay it has and always will be hard to know who they will focus to get a kill until they are dead.

I personally think that it could potentially be a very strong setup, but thats just my opinion anyway.

misinterpreted by jutteri as usual
    i said relying on bloodlust is a really, really, bad idea. k?
    It is indeed. However, 3.2 earthshield=safe bloodlust on someone. With a passive 20% MS from the spriest+ all the interupts and CC this team can throw around i think it will be a viable comp for sure.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

mass dispel 3x at start.

mass dispel heroism later.

...hope you dont get a priest?
    Hehe, I play shadowpriest atm, and there is no way 3 mass dispels take out their heroism, it's just a no no, with all priest buffs there, with all the dispell protection. It's just a no no.

You have a better chance of single dispelling them all, but then again, gl hf having 5 dots on all targets and healing it up while dispelling.

Not trying to defend the combo here, I don't know if it will work, but I do know that the team does not have to be much worried about heroism being dispelled.

You also run risk of accidentily dispelling you own teamates if you are spamming MD, and if that does happen, you will literally blow up.
    Any good team will split anyway, they are all casters so they dont need to hug eachother.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by taylor307
    You also run risk of accidentily dispelling you own teamates if you are spamming MD, and if that does happen, you will literally blow up.
    Any good team will split anyway, they are all casters so they dont need to hug eachother.
    which is actually a good thing for the other team since 2/3 of the members are pretty squishy.
    BfA Beta Time