Thread: Rogue PvP

Rogue PvP

So, Sunday night a guildie and I decided to 2v2 for a bit. I haven't arena'd since BC and he's a shadow priest but went discipline for arena. I went w/ the Muti/Prep build. So the first 10 games we were back and forth, learning eachothers play style and also getting back into the swing of things. Before the end of the night, we were sitting @1350. Now here's my question. I am a raiding rogue. I dont BG, until recently, I dont arena, I just raid. I have no PvP gear and I'm in full raiding gear, so my question is, should I continue in arena like this, or should I invest sometime in getting PvP gear?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Rogue PvP

PvP is hard as a rogue :P

Edit to be helpful: Grab some resil items, they do help you avoid dying in the case of any stunlock on you (pally hammer + bear bash was a fun one.) Just my two cents, our good PvP rogue runs with either 2 piece deadly 2 piece conq and one other piece (offset me thinks) or 4 piece deadly and 1 piece conq. Either way they have all the off pieces and sit at either 515 or 700 or so resil.
    BY SARONITE BE PURGED!
    I have... 80 rogue. 2 80 DK's. 80 Shaman. 4 80's makes me pro amirite?

If you are going to continue playing PvP and want to cope there better, sure, get some gear. If this was just a some kind of one night stand and you are going to continue raiding, don't bother. Phew, that was an easy question. :

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa
    If you are going to continue playing PvP and want to cope there better, sure, get some gear. If this was just a some kind of one night stand and you are going to continue raiding, don't bother. Phew, that was an easy question. :
    If it was a one night thing, I wouldnt be asking lol. But thanks for the advise.

As far as offset pieces, which ones do you recommend? You talking PvP off pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by capi1216
    If it was a one night thing, I wouldnt be asking lol. But thanks for the advise.

As far as offset pieces, which ones do you recommend? You talking PvP off pieces?
    yessir, the neck, boots, cape, bracers, rings and belt. Along with the 95 resil trinket from WG and the 190 ap PvP trinket from WG too. At least, that's my recommendation. :P
    BY SARONITE BE PURGED!
    I have... 80 rogue. 2 80 DK's. 80 Shaman. 4 80's makes me pro amirite?

As we are talking about pvp gear, i have a really noob doubt, what is the name of that pvp trinket that boosts your movement speed?

Quote Originally Posted by DKroguelol
    yessir, the neck, boots, cape, bracers, rings and belt. Along with the 95 resil trinket from WG and the 190 ap PvP trinket from WG too. At least, that's my recommendation. :P
    Ok, so that's alot of PvP gear lol. Does it matter that I'm a Human? I have Greatness/Pyrite Infuser trinks right now. Should I still get the PvP ones? Is there a certain resil to aim for? I know its been said time and time again, the more PvP gear, the softer you hit, and to be honest, right now, LMAO, at our rating I have been 3-4 shotting everyone, from cloth to plate (other than a dk). Might just be the rating though but pretty unbelievable.

sporting 5/5 furious and all furious weapons + offsets except for cloak

like a baaaouwz

Quote Originally Posted by DKroguelol
    Wow, rogue gearing up for resilience ? Way to kill people.

in my personal experience resil is overrated on rogues.
    One rogue in my guild currently is sporting about 850+ res and still gets facerolled by rets inside the HoJ time.

My personal opinion= pve gear is the way to go, if you get stunlocked and cant trinket, then your pretty much dead anyway.
    pve gear is perfect for burst teams, since as a rogue you have so much cc/escape (if your mut prep) you shouldnt have a problem if you have a good teammate.

but if your going in with a healer you should atleast try to maintain 450+ res which is easily attainable.

Ninja'ing this thread for glyphs. Which should i use. Atm im thinking Muti,evis,prep but is Clos a better choice instead of evis or prep? I suppose evis is a very nice glyph for extra burst. prep for more dismantles and muti is mandatory. The lower dmg taken from clos is nice to though vs melees

Quote Originally Posted by Dyess
    Ninja'ing this thread for glyphs. Which should i use. Atm im thinking Muti,evis,prep but is Clos a better choice instead of evis or prep? I suppose evis is a very nice glyph for extra burst. prep for more dismantles and muti is mandatory. The lower dmg taken from clos is nice to though vs melees
    Mut and Vigor are a given, and as far as the 3rd is concerned you can use either Prep, CoS or Evis. It really depends on personal preference and what comp you play, I run with a healer in 2's so I use Prep for the extra dismantle and the kick reset is also nice. If I were running Mage/Rogue or Lock/Rogue 2's I would most likely swap in the evis glyph instead of prep.

I would recommend you to use PvE rings, neck, back and thrown and you can even throw in a pve boots / bracers if you want to and then rest pvp gear.

This works for me at least at 2600 rating.

I saw someone in the thread asking for glyphs as well, it's a matter of preference, mutilate is compulsory though.

Personally, I go with evis, vigor and mutilate.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Ghoruz&gn=Contraction

I'm another PvP noob rogue. I have Daschal's Bite x2 and Combatants Bootblade x2. Using those daggers what is my best combo? I currently have one of each enchanted with Berserking and the others have a weapon chain.
    "You can make me do it, but you can't make me do it with dignity!"
    - Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by Emmafrost
    I'm another PvP noob rogue. I have Daschal's Bite x2 and Combatants Bootblade x2. Using those daggers what is my best combo? I currently have one of each enchanted with Berserking and the others have a weapon chain.
    If ur kinda noob at pvp i will suggest going mut/prep standard build, use 2x dachals bite berserker mh chain oh.

edit:

If u want to go for more advanced tacs u can bring bootblades with different poisons and switch to shiv app on the target with some macroing.

use your pve gear until you can get furious offpieces. some fights may be harder but the time wasted on getting honor for deadly sucks....

wg trinkets i believe would be one of hte only exceptions.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by kildal
    If ur kinda noob at pvp i will suggest going mut/prep standard build, use 2x dachals bite berserker mh chain oh.

edit:

If u want to go for more advanced tacs u can bring bootblades with different poisons and switch to shiv app on the target with some macroing.
    We hit 1800 and then a did quick down-slide and are now in the 1600's again. Mostly I think my arena partner and I were just off last week, but I've been wondering about weapon selection for a while. I do use the standard mut/prep build. I'm just unsure (since they're the same dps but different top ends) if weapon speed makes up for the difference or if it's still better to go with the hard hitters.
    "You can make me do it, but you can't make me do it with dignity!"
    - Calvin & Hobbes