A few mage questions

How are mages doing in PvP, do they still have a tough time with warlocks? Also, are DKs a big problem for a mage to take out?

In PvE, are mages still struggling to keep up with rouges and warlocks in DPS?

Thanks for any helpful info =)

Brudish

Re: A few mage questions

They're are one of the top classes imo. Frost is OP and it is just getting better next patch.

Frost mages still have some problems with warlocks. DKs are medium to hard (depending on their retardation level mostly), but if you have all your cooldowns you can kite him quite easily to death. For arcane I do not know, I don't like to PvP as arcane.

PvE, mages are getting behind again. Mostly behind destro locks, but we can still pull pretty good DPS. You shouldn't be sad of doing slightly less DPS that other classes, as long as you do enough DPS.

Brudish

Quote Originally Posted by Sucemamarde
    Frost mages still have some problems with warlocks. DKs are medium to hard (depending on their retardation level mostly), but if you have all your cooldowns you can kite him quite easily to death. For arcane I do not know, I don't like to PvP as arcane.

PvE, mages are getting behind again. Mostly behind destro locks, but we can still pull pretty good DPS. You shouldn't be sad of doing slightly less DPS that other classes, as long as you do enough DPS.
    Im sorry but I disagree - if your not top dps (of your same gear levels of course) unless its behind the OP Kitty or another mage then your doing somthing wrong, mages are one of the most balanced classes at the moment.

Just saying that if you raid Ulduar on some fight you will top, but on most you won't be number one. Mostly due to add duties and such. We are still topping meters. Nevertheless, don't expect being the first on all the fights.

Deleted

Frost mage is pretty fun and awesome to play in PvP, since you are the best kite-class, and that's what the tree is all about. If you don't like to kite the enemy around, and just wanna be a burst-player (which means to get the enemy downs as fast as possible), you should go for Arcane. I indeed Frost hurt, if the target is freezed, but otherwise the frost damage is not like "WAUW WOOT", compared to other class.

In PvE we are stabilized, and it's easy to hold the same dps all the time, both arcane and fire. Unfortunately the Arcane Tree is a mana-drainer, so in a long battle, you will almost go OOM, if you are out of gems and evo.

Deleted

I find using arcane pvp helps, but then again I have been using Arcane since lvl 60 (after WotLK release) and doing pvp with it a lot so I find it a nice way to get people down fast, and the better thing coming in 3.2 is the reduced mana cost of arcane blast *over due*.

But with a PoM to help get them resto druid down its great help and well we ALL love missile proc ;D for some fast paced 2.5k to 3k crits to seriously get people down fast. But thats my perspective in a battleground and in PvE, dueling is different, WTB less warr's killing meh :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Anderzhul
    1. How are mages doing in PvP,

2. do they still have a tough time with warlocks?

3. are DKs a big problem for a mage to take out?

4. In PvE, are mages still struggling to keep up with rouges and warlocks in DPS?
    1. Frost is good in PvP and will be slightly buffed in the next patch with the quasi MS effect.

2. Warlocks aren't too hard to beat if you're frost specd with added resistance ...use MAGE ARMOR & Fire Ward.

3. DK's arent too hard to beat if you're frost and save blink till AFTER death grip. Use Frost Ward.

4. Given equal gear and equal skill, rogues and warlocks will still top you in damage meters...so will feral druids. Hunters may get the upperhand but it would be close. It really just depends on the fight. Everyone these days uses Ulduar as the comparison but there are so many gimmick fights in there that meters hardly matter at all. People need to stop looking at meters as the Bible of WoW.

Quote from: Anderzhul on July 13, 2009, 07:31:50 pm
    1. How are mages doing in PvP,

2. do they still have a tough time with warlocks?

3. are DKs a big problem for a mage to take out?

4. In PvE, are mages still struggling to keep up with rouges and warlocks in DPS?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.We're doing great in pvp and frost is excellent and fun to play atm.

2.No we do not.

3.No they are not.

4.No they are not.

The above is based on me alone and it is down to the player behind the screen to say if he/she is better than the rogues/warlocks he/she plays with.As for death knights and Warlocks in PvP.Again it comes down to the player behind the char,he/she could well be shit so it is hard to say.But in general mages rock

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqera

4.No they are not.

The above is based on me alone and it is down to the player behind the screen to say if he/she is better than the rogues/warlocks he/she plays with.
    If you're out dpsing your rogues and warlocks in end-game content then you have some bad rogues and warlocks.

I just remember in TBC, when I was doing TK and SSC I couldn't keep up with our rouges or warlocks on boss fights... and in pvp when I was forced to 1v1 with a warlock there was hardly a chance of beating a halfway smart warlock unless i was arcane/fire spec. seems like things have changed a little since i quit playing =)

Can't wait to get my new pc and start playing again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro
    If you're out dpsing your rogues and warlocks in end-game content then you have some bad rogues and warlocks.
    Or is it just you who has bad mages,i rest my case!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqera
    Or is it just you who has bad mages,i rest my case!
    Sorry bro but I'm pretty sure the consensus is that rogues & warlocks (not to mention cats and hunters at times) of equal gear and skill will beat mages on THE METER in current end game content.

We aren't talking about AoE on Naxx trash.