Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trama compared to mangle...

Currently i am having issues with my dps and i believe i found majority of the problem and have no idea how to fix it.

Currently in our raid makeup i am the only feral druid and normally i dps. The problem is 1 outta 2 warriors are running trama, he leads to believe trama is always up but it's not, it's pretty obvious when my bleeds are doin crap damage to a few seconds before hand. My problem is how to fix this!? only solution i have is get another warrior spec into this..

It makes absolute no sense to me why trama overwrites mangle debuff, if it didn't do this i could fill in the holes no problem. I am just outta ideas and wonderin if anybody in here has any solutions.

Re: Trama compared to mangle...

Get a better warrior. As arms I have somewhere between 40-50% crit. If your warrior is going 15 seconds without critting when the arms rotation is hitting a yellow hit on every GCD.... /fail

trauma should realy be up at all time, unless if u have the most undergeared warr ive seen in your raid... seriusly in 15 sec anyone should be able to crit. there must be other reasons why your bleeds do less dmg (a boss whit alot of armor?) :-\

If it is single target i.e Ignis, general and mimiron It will make your rotation more convenient, I don't know why you are so pissed off? If you have to mangle just do it once you engage till Truma is applied then you don't have to worry about it. Unless your arms has 1% chance to crit.

Quote Originally Posted by narwaana
    trauma should realy be up at all time, unless if u have the most undergeared warr ive seen in your raid... seriusly in 15 sec anyone should be able to crit. there must be other reasons why your bleeds do less dmg (a boss whit alot of armor?) :-\
    bleeds arent affected by armor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    bleeds arent affected by armor
    bleeds are affected by the amount of dmg the attack that triggers the bleed does, and the attacks are affected by armour. am i wrong? :

edit: hmm, i were thinking about deep wounds there, i dont realy know anything about the cat bleeds

well the concern i have is once the bleed debuff falls off i usually realize this when my shred does 30 perc less dmg, and when that occurs it's obviously to late and it's effected my dps, and do remember this is effecting the whole raids dps so not tryin to be selfish.

The warrior himself is good, actually one of the best on our server....consitantly hitting top5 dps , crazy good pvp'er so i doubt he doesn't know things with his class...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gall&n=Rubicon

The boss obviously i am concerned about is when my bleeds make a huge diff aka vezax HM or IC HM. But really if this is occuring on any boss in my mind it unacceptable. Granted it's probably only effecting probbaly 200-300dps per attempt but spread that bleed dmg out to the rest of the raid, that is a significant loss.

Deleted

bleeds are affected by the amount of dmg the attack that triggers the bleed does, and the attacks are affected by armour. am i wrong? :

edit: hmm, i were thinking about deep wounds there, i dont realy know anything about the cat bleeds
    wrong aswell http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=12867

i guess my main complaint is why does trama overwrite mangle if they are one of the same, at least if this wouldn't occur i could test it out myself and make sure that debuff is applied 100 perc of the time.

Lol dude learn to spell seriosly..its Trauma ;< ..and 15 sec with no crit omg damn? Our warrior have a sucky wep but trauma is up 24/7 .. Overpower is almost always crit so?
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Yes, you're wrong.

And arms, if played properly, has a 100% crit chance on overpower, which is used at least every 6 seconds. If trauma falls off...he's bad.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by raxin
    i guess my main complaint is why does trama overwrite mangle if they are one of the same
    Trauma's duration is 15 seconds. If you're dps spec'd then I presume you don't have the mangle glyph, so your mangle is only 12 seconds. Trauma will always over-write mangle as the longer debuff. Were you to glyph for it...there would be a 3 second window where trauma would not over-write it.

Regarding the up-time, I generally mangle once at the very beginning for a combo point to savage roar with, then trauma is up before that falls off and unless the warrior stops attacking or switches targets, it should be up 100% after that.

imp mangle glyph, 18 seconds, it will overwrite trauma, problem solved. Don't rely on anyone but yourself.

Hrmm, thx CSJenova i think that might be a temp solution to see if that is solely the issue and i could just correct it. Going to warriors and saying stop being bad does get you very far normally.

As for the mangle thing i do the same cause of course ours is at least guarenteed.

WTB FERAL TANK! sigh

trauma is also up when the arms warrior has rend going, which if they are good, only falls off for a split second. that with deep wounds means trauma should have 100% uptime
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Ya, if a warrior is bad at dps and can't keep trauma up, someone should tell him. Christ, Imp Overpower/Taste for Blood should keep trauma up alone, warriors aren't exactly hard to play or rocket science. I tell people if they are bad all the time, and they bitch and get pissed. but hey if you can't stand criticism wow is not the place for you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoidkiwie
    Also, someone said something about maybe it's a boss with more armor... All bosses have the same armor.
    Is that true? Vezax hardmode or steelbreaker hardmode seems like the armor is pretty high compared but that might just be the event :d.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by raxin
    Currently i am having issues with my dps and i believe i found majority of the problem and have no idea how to fix it.

Currently in our raid makeup i am the only feral druid and normally i dps. The problem is 1 outta 2 warriors are running trama, he leads to believe trama is always up but it's not, it's pretty obvious when my bleeds are doin crap damage to a few seconds before hand. My problem is how to fix this!? only solution i have is get another warrior spec into this..

It makes absolute no sense to me why trama overwrites mangle debuff, if it didn't do this i could fill in the holes no problem. I am just outta ideas and wonderin if anybody in here has any solutions.

You should just download "Need to Know" from Curse. Configure it to show debuff on boss (uncheck self only) then put in Trauma and put in Mangle. If neither are up mangle. When trauma overwrites it you will see it counting down and/or refreshing so you know if you need to pop a mangle up.

Then you can bring up the issue of it not being re-applied if you notice it's occuring quite often.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Elkanos buff bar can be set up to do the same. Create a window, set it for target, and white list Trauma and mangle. You will always know when those buffs are up, aswell as their remaining time. I use it mostly to know when bosses gain buffs and to track my own debuffs on the boss (moonkin). If your only real question is if its actually up all the time, debuff trackers are an easy solution, especially the ones with a white list or blacklist so you can make it show only what you want.