PvP Weapon Enchants

Hey there,
    I tried to find a solution/answer for my "problem" in the forum but i didnt really find anything, so i'll just start off a new thread...
    My question is about muti rogue pvp weapon enchants. I know the "best"/most-used combination is berserk/chain but i dont have any good daggers atm i would pay the price for berserk. So i looked at the spreadsheet from shadowpanther and searched in some other forums and everybody was saying Mongoose > Superior Potency. I dont really understand why ?
    Mongoose is adding 120agi and a 2% speed lasting for 15 secs at 1ppm. Meaning ~30ap and something like 3,6% crit (correct me if i'm wrong). When i compare this to 65ap without being reliant on a procc i would say 35ap more > 3,6crit & 2% speed.
    Please correct me if im wrong or if im underestimating the 3,6crit. And i know there are a lot of discussions about potency in other forums but all i can find is that mongoose > sup. potency without ANY explanation.

(right now im running dual mongoose with Fleshshaper and Titansteel Shanker)

Thank you for any help..

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: PvP Weapon Enchants

PvP is about burst ya? So 120ap+crit+haste on a proc is way > passive stats. Pooling your mutilate energy and dumping it all with a crit evisc during a mongoose proc increases the value of the mongoose proc pretty significantly. Not to mention 1ppm is only sort of accurate. Every special ability has a chance to proc as well, raising the actual ppm value to a tad higher. Pretty easy decision imo.

use mongoose MH, titanium chain OH, once you get a better MH up to berserking

isn't mongoose diminished by being above level 70?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowulf
    isn't mongoose diminished by being above level 70?
    No, but it still sucks compared to Beserking, even in pvp.  You get a whole 120 agi, giving you 120 ap, armor which is crap, like .3% dodge so you can be overpowered, and a bit of crit.  Where as beserking you lose a whole 300 armor but you gain 3x the ap, which is better for burst. Not saying it isn't good, but beserking is far superior.

Beserking > Mongoose > Superior Potency

Agent, man I hate to bag on you, but where in the hell do you get your information, every post I see you make in here is full of wrong wrong wrong information. Do some research before misleading others please.

does it dimishish after lvl 70, No
    actually yes, it does get diminished after lvl 70 due to agi scaling.

but it still sucks compared to Beserking, even in pvp
    absolutely wrong, stop being only PvE minded, you like throwing a personal sunder armor on yourself (that is getting stacked with sunder, or expose armor, or faerie fire) w berserking...i dont.

armor which is crap, like .3% dodge so you can be overpowered, and a bit of crit.
    Armor isisnt the end all stat, but its not crap. Its more like 2% dodge vs .3% dodge (did u mean 3% vs .3%?), and its about 2.41% crit iirc vs saying its a bit of crit.

Where as beserking you lose a whole 300 armor but you gain 3x the ap, which is better for burst. Not saying it isn't good, but beserking is far superior.
    Berserking last I read as of patch 3.1 (current patch) Berserking takes away 5% armor, vs 300 flat, so you lose more armor the more you have. And its a flat 400 ap gain, which isisnt the 3x the armor loss you speak of (which would be 900ap gained...) Berserking isisnt far superior, if at all for PvP

Mongoose > Superior Potency > Berskering for PvP (Mongoose / Weap Chain imo)
    Phyta-[H] Gorgonash - 85 Tauren Warrior - Beastmode Tanking / Arms Deeps
    Suberror-[H] Dragonmaw - 85 Undead Priest - Healing made Easy Holy MS [PvE] / Disc OS [PvP] 3824 resil

Berserking is better for MH and Weapon Chain OH.

Berserking is better due to the higher AP it gives you for the burst. Generally most of the burst is while the target is stunned as well as the 5% armor reduction is negligible (Personally I have seen my armor at 10k fully raid buffed, which will never happen in an arena setting but this is just to show how negligible it is. 10,000 armor with a 5% armor reduction is 500 armor bringing it down to 9500 which is not a huge drop in armor). It is worse for higher armor classes, but for a rogue the armor reduction is negligible compared to the AP gain for burst movements during the buff.

However; since you don't have decent weapons atm, go with Mongoose over the straight 65ap since, again Mongoose provides a higher advantage during the burst than the straight 65ap.

Gwyni will henceforth be known as Meanie, Bringer of Tautologies

Quote Originally Posted by Dkt
    Agent, man I hate to bag on you, but where in the hell do you get your information, every post I see you make in here is full of wrong wrong wrong information.  Do some research before misleading others please.

actually yes, it does get diminished after lvl 70 due to agi scaling.

absolutely wrong, stop being only PvE minded, you like throwing a personal sunder armor on yourself (that is getting stacked with sunder, or expose armor, or faerie fire) w berserking...i dont.

Armor isisnt the end all stat, but its not crap.  Its more like 2% dodge vs .3% dodge (did u mean 3% vs .3%?), and its about 2.41% crit iirc vs saying its a bit of crit.  

Berserking last I read as of patch 3.1 (current patch) Berserking takes away 5% armor, vs 300 flat, so you lose more armor the more you have.    And its a flat 400 ap gain, which isisnt the 3x the armor loss you speak of (which would be 900ap gained...)  Berserking isisnt far superior, if at all for PvP

Mongoose > Superior Potency > Berskering for PvP  (Mongoose / Weap Chain imo)
    WTF are you talking about, #1 you get 3x the AP (to spell it out for you, Attack Power, not armor) with Beserking compared to Mongoose.  1 agi = 1 ap,  120 agi = 120 ap,  400 ap (Beserking) divided by 120 ap (Mongoose) = 3.333333

On the armor topic why the hell would a rogue care about armor, especially something as minor as a 5% armor loss.  300 is a guesstimate, but you're probably not smart enough to see that.  I have 5526 armor in my pvp gear, making 5% = 276.3 armor, not far off from my 300 guess, but you wanted EXACT #'s because every rogue has the exact same amount of armor as every other rogue.  You take A WHOLE 1.4% more melee damage from the Beserking debuff as a rogue (NOT EXACT, YOU DO THE MATH IF YOU'RE CONCERNED ABOUT A DECIMAL DIFFERENCE.)   A 2000 crit will do a whopping 2028 damage, thats a HUGE amount of damage right there if you otherwise didnt have the Beserking debuff (Personal Sunder.) 

120 agility = 1.44% crit, not 2.41%.  Personally I'd take 280 more ap than 1.44% crit. Especially since poisons aren't affected by melee crit anyhow, but they are by ap.

As far as dodge, its not something to worry about, we have something called "Evasion" for dealing with melee, an extra 1-2% would matter when? Especially because of dimishing returns and overpower.

So, either you're a troll or you're just dumb as a rock, idk.

Any real pvp rogue you see has Beserking because of it's higher burst capability, at least on a Furious mainhand (not so much on worthless daggers where as mongoose is much cheaper to get.)  Weapon chain on offhand.