What is better DPS/Damage Silent Crusader + Hailstorm or Cal grasp Web Death

Combat swords or combat fist/daggers

why is your choice better and what should i gem.

Re: What is better DPS/Damage Silent Crusader + Hailstorm or Cal grasp Web Death

swords talent is better than fists till you get 4piece bonus of t8, because the 5% more crit becomes more valuable with rupture critting. calamitys grasp is still better than silent crusader in any case though.

Re: What is better DPS/Damage Silent Crusader + Hailstorm or Cal grasp Web Death

Hey mate, Im using Silent Crusader and Hailstorm from the beginning and i output around 5k DPS with it (In combination with my gear (Not that good tho))

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...gus&n=Clavisnl (Armory)

As far as i've read the weapon specs are all really close with neglectible differences. So just go with the combo of highest ilvl/dps/best itemization. And not to forget which u like most

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by justwondering
    Combat swords or combat fist/daggers

why is your choice better and what should i gem.
    I think you should consult a spreadsheet.

As for the gemming, i think you should consult the combat STICKY

CG with its higher Weapon damage and DPS will net a Higher overall DPS, assuming you are CQC specced. I find the Weapon specs are about the same overall, It all depends on the wepons you use. Once you get better swords that CG you may want to go Swords.

A spreadsheet will hold the truth for you gear setup

With equal ilvl and equal gear the two specs should stay around even dps, but with the two weapon sets you listed CG and WD would be a higher dps/dmg output than SC/Hailstorm simply due to higher ilvl of MH weapon. The faster OH of WD will result in more combat potency procs.

For gemming it would really depend on your gear but most likely either AP or Agility will be the way to go except for the yellow/blue slots for the meta requirement. Until you are more in T8/8.5 than AP and Agility are about equal and when you get 4/5 of 8/8.5 than Agility pulls ahead due to the +crit it gives for the rupture dmg.

When you get closer to the BiS currently in game Fist/dagger are best due to the available gear, and usually gemming for ArPen at this gear level gives an edge over gemming for agility, but again only at BiS levels.

So with the items you listed CG/WD would be better, but really all depends on your play style, what you want your character to look like and use, and whether or not you want to wait for an upgrade to swords to drop from Ulduar or just go with fist/dagger until something better comes along.

Gwyni will henceforth be known as Meanie, Bringer of Tautologies