anybody thinks haunt is useless?

i have just respecced.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...&version=10072

i dont have haunt in this affliction spec but im using succubus.I have more crit , my ticks hit small but crits a lot. I can keep succubus alive with hf when i added more crits and succubus dps i found this better then full afliction spec.

therefore it looks like haunt is useless . Any ideas?
    I Dont Read the signature rules

Re: anybody thinks haunt is useless?

are u talking about a pvp or a pve aspect?

In my opinion, 20% damage increase to dots > 4% increase to dots and 4% increased crit chance. Additionally, the healing return from Haunt is very useful in both PvE and PvP I've found.

So, no. I don't think Haunt is useless at all.

pvp , short combat
    I Dont Read the signature rules

Brudish

Dont play a warlock but my mate does and he think its awesome, cant live with out it.

I happen to agree.

Well for short combat pvp you shouldn't spec affliction anyway, since if its burst that you desire, destro is the way to go.
    Nothing affliction has beats Imo/Conflag/CB in terms of raw dmg per sec.

Haven't played my lock in a bit, but Haunt is a important for affliction even for short bg combat. The heal applies to you whether the target lasts the whole duration or dies midway so it's incredibly useful for that, as well as 20% damage to your dots. If I'm not mistaken it refreshes your Corruption when reapplied too

Haunt is a must for affliction, deals decent damage with a short cast time, heals for the same amount and also increase dot damage by 20%.
    It also apply Shadow Embrace which is very good in pvp because you don't have enought time to cast shadow bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by kmp1331
    If I'm not mistaken it refreshes your Corruption when reapplied too
    Yes it does if you have everlasting affliction, which affliction warlocks should have.

Haunt is pretty much a core ability to affliction locks in my opinion. So I would get it.

I am The Burning Legion

You need Haunt.

15+ Year Old Account

I think most locks would use haunt as the HOLY SHIT THE DOTS ARE EATING HIS SOUL button, not as a mandatory spell.

You cast haunt, and while it travels you CC the dispeller.

At least, that's what I'd do.

R.I.P. YARG

Keep in mind despite the cast time the main advantage of haunt is to heal yourself after. Even with the cast time, the healing of the spell makes it worth it but meh each to their own

15+ Year Old Account

haunt HEALS you in pvp. short fights ofc dot heavy classes won't do so well.

yea sounds like you want burts so afflics not the way to go
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

I do not think this spec is viable, but I applaud the fact that you're trying different things. If you have fun with it then roll with it imo. I have used some weird specs as well on my multibox team and they seemed to get the job done better in some situations :P
    Read the signature rules

Haunt = 20% damage increase to all your other spells. /endofthread.

The minor increase in pet damage won't overcome the loss of haunt. The only thing you gain imo by removing haunt is a decreased chance of getting shadowed-counterspelled. As for PvE, PvP (arena), PvP (BGs), this spec is not the way to go imo. If you're thinking about duelling, then yes, but this game isn't about duelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.