DespiseExecutus

3.2, Rogues, and PvP (resil)

Resiliance is being buffed in 3.2 as you all know. Will it become a mandatory stat to stack, or will PvE gear still be viable for the burst? My assumtion would be we aren't going to be able to burn a healer down with great ease, and will need the resiliance to last long enough to time anything that will line up a kill.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Question better asked: Will resiliance become a mandatory stat to stack, and if so, how many PvP pieces do you think we will have to wear?

Re: 3.2, Rogues, and PvP (resil)

I'll go with PvE Rings, Neck, back and thrown and rest PvP, just like my current setup.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Ghoruz&gn=Contraction

Rogues in 2s next season will be pretty weak unless u can go full out pve and burst down quick enough, with another dps helping u that is, this will be a bit risky considering how many teams can survive a burst even from pve geared rogue and 400 resi combi pve/pvp mage.

tho in 3s and 5s we will probably still be at good help, but i suggest going mostly for full pvp in both 3s and 5s dependant on what team ur going.

if ur going with a priest or another healer in 2v2 u might wanna keep some pve gear combined with pvp gear. only healer who u might go full pve gear with is a druid, because hots might make u survive if the druid is chain cc'd

with the current state of the average pvp rogue build, rogues are highly cooldown dependent. the longer a fight lasts, the more likely it is the rogue will die, pve or pvp geared.

i believe the best rogues will stack pve gear and line up a quick kill, or stack pvp gear and end with a slow slide to death. possibly.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

DespiseExecutus

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    with the current state of the average pvp rogue build, rogues are highly cooldown dependent. the longer a fight lasts, the more likely it is the rogue will die, pve or pvp geared.

i believe the best rogues will stack pve gear and line up a quick kill, or stack pvp gear and end with a slow slide to death. possibly.
    This being said, do I smell a hemo or combat build coming back?

27/0/44 ftw

I don't think combat is comming back cause it doesn't have a strong stealth open with many combo points adder like a rogue with initiative....

we will just need stronger daggers for brust, nowadays find good weapons is way harder than farm pvp gear..

rogues next patch if nothing is done about their raw defensive capabilities they will be useless..
    not enough burst to burn down enemies and definitely gonna be a mana drain bot for his healer if coupled with a healer....

To be completely honest, i think the resilience change will affect rogues much less than most others, seeing as majority of our attacks already is affected by resilience, seeing as they're crits.

In 3.2 we'll also have Tier 9, and with the two set bonus we have a fair chance to get as close to free Mutilate in, which will be pretty deadly. I belive it'll likely be very samiliar to the current situation in 3.1.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

with this resil change it will be much better imo.. You can't just splat a target with decent gear.. Much like in TBC.
    Killing a priest actually required a bit.
    Now you can just stunlock and eviscerate him for 6k

I'm gonna get the best PvP weps next season and go shadowstep again. Socket only for Agility /Armor penetration
    They will add of set with Arp so I wanne get atleast 10% armor ignoring
    and get like 30% dodge and a around 4,1-4,2k ap
    This user has been banned.