Proffesion Change

So today I was thinking of dropping my inscription proffesion and picking up jewelcrafting..

With the incoming changes to dragoneye gems making them un-prismatic although stronger, I am wondering would it be worth to drop my inscription and pick up JCing? I have honored hodir rep, so I would be able to pick up a shoulder enchant.

Here is my armoury link, if someone could do me a little maths please
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...emaul&n=Markou

Just general yes or no advice + a bit of reasoning would be great...i love others opinions what does people reckon!

Deleted

Re: Proffesion Change

I would personally drop it for JC, but not until getting exalted with hodir for the better shoulder enchant. I myself picked up JC on a second char and after lvling the prof once already it made it alot easier to lvl a 2nd time. As i grinded around 80% of the mats or had some left over, it didnt take long or cost much gold, maybe around 200g.

If you were to buy all the mats and gold not being an issue, lord knows how much it would cost.

JC is still going to be a really nice prof after it has been balanced in the incoming patch 3.2. Note i said balanced, not nerfed Yes the dragons eye gems will no longer be prismatic but it still is a nice prof to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Markcrux
    So today I was thinking of dropping my inscription proffesion and picking up jewelcrafting..

Just general yes or no advice + a bit of reasoning would be great...i love others opinions what does people reckon!
    Crafting professions can be your primary gold maker if:
    1) You have sufficient capital to level it and cover the capital tied up in inventory.
    2) You have access to recipes that everyone else doesn't (e.g., end-game raid ones).
    3) You're able to spot pricing mistakes in the AH that require your profession to exploit.
    4) You stick to it long enough to cover the initial capital investment.

If the above are not true for you, I'd say drop inscription for mining.

Quote Originally Posted by Venjer
    As i grinded around 80% of the mats or had some left over, it didnt take long or cost much gold, maybe around 200g.

If you were to buy all the mats and gold not being an issue, lord knows how much it would cost.
    If you are planning to become wealthy, it is crucial to understand why the above statement is deeply flawed. Whether you collect the materials yourself or buy them from AH their value is exactly the same, i.e., the market value. Hence, when you use those materials to purchase points in your profession the cost is the same.

When you farm anything, stop thinking about the materials as materials and instead think of them as piles of gold equal to their AH value. When you do that you soon realize that you should only ever farm the highest gold/hour activity available to you and buy everything else you need from the AH.

Deleted

I myself have a large 5 figure sum of gold that iv collected over a number of years, i could quite easily have bought all of the mats without denting my personal stack of gold very much but decided to grind the mats for something to do.

When i decide to lvl another profession on one of my chars thats just the way i like do it. Its not exactly difficult to make money from any profession, hell gold is practically growing on trees these days.

id definately say drop inscription for JC, the gems are too good to pass up, and if you're a tank, the Monarch Crab figurine isnt a slouch either

but as the person above said, get to exaulted with the Sons of Hodir first, so that you can get the shoulder enchant... and levelin JC is a tad expensive, i remember usin somethin like 1.8k gold on it >_<

Does anyone know if they are going to add more Dragon's Eye recipes to make up for the fact that they will no longer be prismatic.......like a purple, green, etc?

I really do not like sticking a straight int in a yellow socket when I could throw a orange (Sp & Int) in the socket.

I know, I am greedy and lalala WoW is about choices

Quote Originally Posted by Joshshaman
    Drop inscripting. Its nice, but lets be real here... Jewelcrafting is nicer. And in the upcoming patch, the changes to dragon's eyes are only gonna make it more awesome. So, you might as well pick it up now.
    Crafting professions are crafting professions. Since training one up is a big capital investment, you should be aiming to keep it for as long as possible so that the investment is covered by profits over a long period of time; "long" being over multiple patches and even expansions.

Patches and expansions have unpredictable consequences on supply and demand, meaning there's really no way to know which crafting professions will produce most profits over any significant time, especially since Blizzard probably wants all crafting professions to be roughly equal. Besides, the cool profession of the moment, be it JC or something else, has a tendency to attract loads of people causing more competition and tighter profit margins.

Therefore dropping one crafting profession for another is probably not a good idea from an economic point of view. If anything, you should be thinking about dropping a crafting profession for a gathering one.

yes, JC is still far and wide the best profession around even with the prismatic nerf

Deleted

Please don't post which profession should I choose threads. Read the new sticky.