Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Tree Of Life Form

Druids are forms. If you want a toon that you can look at the shiney gear then play something else. Ive been a tree since they made ToL and im not tired of it since when I'm in it I'm not looking at my gear I'm healing.

There is plenty of time for elf /tauren form. Cities, strats, questing, farming, ect.

Give us new skins like cats and bears and I will be perfectly happy. If they feel the need then something like Dire bear for trees for a small boost sure.

I like the ToL form, its the best dance ever!!!

but on a serious note i think what could satisfy the customizable ToL forms is just make a customizing UI to put diff stuff on the tree or whatnot but have the whole color scheme based on your hair color

and what could be done for the thing about a cooldown increase healing type spell is something like this

Plant Roots 2min cooldown
    15% base mana
    Tree of Life
    The Tree of Life digs his/her roots into the ground, becoming one with the earth. All healing increased by 20% for 20sec. While under the effects of this spell, you are rooted to the ground, and thus cannot move untill it is dispelled or finished.
    -You must grab life firmly by the balls, softly but firmly
    -let them know you are there
    -but dont scare them, because if you do you're screwed

Quote Originally Posted by Ufalah
    I recently rolled a druid and leveled to 80.

I wish I hadn't. Being in a "form" 99% of the time I'm out of Dalaran is so terribly annoying. I rarely even remember what my character looks like.

Metamorphasis-tree ftw.

OR

Forms that reflect gear.
    well maybe you should have been thinking about that BEFORE you rolled drood

Quote Originally Posted by Super Santiago
    I like the ToL form, its the best dance ever!!!

but on a serious note i think what could satisfy the customizable ToL forms is just make a customizing UI to put diff stuff on the tree or whatnot but have the whole color scheme based on your hair color

and what could be done for the thing about a cooldown increase healing type spell is something like this

15% base mana
    Tree of Life
    The Tree of Life digs his/her roots into the ground, becoming one with the earth. All healing increased by 20% for 20sec. While under the effects of this spell, you are rooted to the ground, and thus cannot move untill it is dispelled or finished.
    that kinda reminds me of the good old WC3 is a cool idea tho

Quote Originally Posted by Super Santiago
    15% base mana
    Tree of Life
    Wouldn't be bad, but not sure how often we would get to use the full duration since most fights require you to move. This could be OP, but I'd like to make one change to it:
    "The Tree of Life digs his/her roots into the ground, drawing from the power of the earth and reducing your movement speed by 70%. While rooted your heal over time effects are increased by 20% and the cooldown on your swiftmend is reduced by 15 seconds. Lasts 20 seconds or until canceled."

I'm hoping for something along the lines of letting us have a CD to help others (not with mana either), like pain suppression. Maybe even "While in tree form your barkskin can be used on other players" or something. Could also make the barkskin talents useful for pve too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eboncor
    Tree form hides my teribad resto gear. <3
    hidden reason behind some of these inane posts perhaps?

just because you think tree form is omgsocool doesn't mean the entire druid community does, personally i never liked the graphic even excluding the fact it hides everything you're wearing but i'm not so pretentious to say any other point of view is "horrible" or if it's not the way you like it then it's not how it "should" be done

Quote Originally Posted by Ufalah
    I recently rolled a druid and leveled to 80.

I wish I hadn't. Being in a "form" 99% of the time I'm out of Dalaran is so terribly annoying. I rarely even remember what my character looks like.

Metamorphasis-tree ftw.

OR

Forms that reflect gear.
    There's this cool button you can press that makes you go out of your form. (Hint: It's the same one that puts you into that form)
    Banned.

I think he's just saying that most of the Leather helms are just awful to look at. Thankfully you can turn those off.
    Not to be confused with Drakmarr.

All I ask for tree form as far as changes go is different colored leaves. Like how the new cat/bear forms match hair color.. make the leaves change with hair color. I just really, really want red leaves, dammit.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

swiftmend is reduced by 15 seconds
    Obviously i would love it but they would never give us an instant cast heal that big and make it spammable if not just for pvp then because that would be too much fun though maybe a 61 point talent i could be wrong
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

I'd be pissed if they changed ToL.

*Cast Banish*
    *Cackle*

Lol but we can be banished while lookin cool. But its only fair since we can pop out of movement impairing effects and are immune to hex and polymorph =)

Quote Originally Posted by doomchken
    Obviously i would love it but they would never give us an instant cast heal that big and make it spammable if not just for pvp then because that would be too much fun though maybe a 61 point talent i could be wrong
    It would only be for 20 seconds every 2 or 3 min, but maybe instant cast is to much, maybe reduce it to 3 to 5 seconds.

Also at the poster above me, I don't mind being in tree form, but I agree about the part of us being able to raid as a ninja or skellie or something. Noggenfoggers used to not break forms but since the change I haven't had much use for em other than being tiny.

I love ToL. I'd like some color variation but since I'm currently the only resto druid in our guild it doesn't bother me too much. I wouldn't be a druid if I was bothered by not seeing my gear all the time. Most of it's kind of ugly anyway, lol.

Quote from: doomchken on August 08, 2009, 07:40:51 am

It would only be for 20 seconds every 2 or 3 min, but maybe instant cast is to much, maybe reduce it to 3 to 5 seconds.
    Wasn't trying to troll you and it could be viable next X-pac i mean the 61 point talents will be ridiculus for all classes I'm sure. actually make that for some of the classes while the rest get gimmicks or situational talents, still upset about how underpoered starfall ended up being.

I would like a 5 point talent that reduced CD's though maybe next X-pac so we could have spammable Wild growth agian =)

Quote Originally Posted by ellene
    ye i aggree about the pvp issues, seems like all changes are based around arena and bg's regardless of pve, wich is so wrong
    pve is static. you can change an encounter based on pvp balances

so no. its not wrong.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

is there a blizzard employee standing over you with a gun to your head telling you to use tree of life?

if you dont like it, dont use it. 6% healing aura and you lose spellpower.

HMM. im sure your guild wont mind.
    and you no i play a druid and it is true, we QQ the most about our own class. they just gave us new cat/bear and i assume moonkin/tree will come in the future. some people just cant be happy with what they have. but i suppose thats the nature of this class. i am pretty sure i recall someone saying "all we can do is hot" so that makes us the most unique healing class in the game. hmm.

i believe every other healer doesnt have good hots.

EDIT: also... its forms some of the time, or being a static race the entire time you play the game? you would just get bored of that.

"I DONT LIAK TREE FORM IT HAIDES MY EPIKS FROM EVERBODY"