Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [Video] Prot PvP! No 8k+ white crits=P

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    awesome video. over9000/5

edit: just 151 BV? D:
    He's also using the BV libram

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

My gearset had 1.8k SBV ! Still need a slow mainhand though but the damage is "allright". Been critting with Avengers Shield for up to 7.2k on some Warlock.

your health is so low in that ret PVP gear, it's 5k+ less than i have in my prot gear.

i dunno if I want to switch to PVP gear or stay in PVE gear. we'll see in 3.2 i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    your health is so low in that ret PVP gear, it's 5k+ less than i have in my prot gear.

i dunno if I want to switch to PVP gear or stay in PVE gear. we'll see in 3.2 i guess.
    I'm guessing he does it for the crit increase. since the whole idea with this setup is to burst retardedly hard

Also keep in mind the TTL increase from PvP gear will be even higher than that of PvE gear in 3.2.
    Res reducing damage ftw xD
    Also with the coming DR to BV pure stacking of the stat won't be great anyway.
    So yeah Prot PvP in 3.2.

@warjin Why would you need the SoC glyph? It's mandatory to keep your DP up while prot pvping and i don't have any mana probs as long as i do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Takkun
    You said prot and i thought you meant warrior Specify plz But god damn /level a pally
    PALADIN CLASSFORUM?

/sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    EDIT: Holy Sh*t! Just tried it with 4 pieces of the honor PvP ret gear, and the PvP trinket (395 resi total), and the spec you posted (except i put 3 into AD, and 0 into TbtL), and man, with SoBlood, that's one helluva combo. Now, just to get the chest to finish it off ^^
    Really? that good? i guess i'll have to try it too lol.

wish i had Greatness card though :\

Quote Originally Posted by combatwombat
    Prot pvp may not be able to produce as many crits as a ret spec but it´s still alot more fun imo to play. Here is some nice clips from bg:s, both with and without zerker etc. Hope you enjoy it!

Full version
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=118157

Slightly cut to fit 10min yourube rule
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN0h0ZO1loE

Can also download full version at http://www.filefront.com/14050033/Protection%20PVP3.wmv since the youtube version is cut a bit to fit their stupid 10min rule...

/CW
    I was wondering if you have tried it in Arenas.

another thing how does prot spells work

do they scale with AP or SP or a little of both

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alf5523
    I was wondering if you have tried it in Arenas.

another thing how does prot spells work

do they scale with AP or SP or a little of both
    Most of the Prot abilities scaled with both AP and SP, with the two notable exceptions being Shield of Righteousness (Scales off of BV), and Hammer of the Righteous (4x Weapon DPS, which only scales off AP).
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I love playing prot, and this seems awesome, you kinda miss out on the ret utility of extra cc and freedom canceling stuns but you have a silence and ranged dmg that can hurt alot.

I'm only fresh to 80, and how long would it take to gear up for this? I know it would take less time once 3.2 is out due to the badge changes but gimme like an estimate in hours because I only have about 2 hours a night to play wow atm, and maybe on the weekends... maybe.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsurugi
    I love playing prot, and this seems awesome, you kinda miss out on the ret utility of extra cc and freedom canceling stuns but you have a silence and ranged dmg that can hurt alot.

I'm only fresh to 80, and how long would it take to gear up for this? I know it would take less time once 3.2 is out due to the badge changes but gimme like an estimate in hours because I only have about 2 hours a night to play wow atm, and maybe on the weekends... maybe.
    as you have 2h, you probably wont be able to do naxxramas. 10 or 25m. OS and EoE maybe, if you have a decent group on 1 night.

best option for you would be staying casual and when 3.2 is out, go do dungeons and the dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    as you have 2h, you probably wont be able to do naxxramas. 10 or 25m. OS and EoE maybe, if you have a decent group on 1 night.

best option for you would be staying casual and when 3.2 is out, go do dungeons and the dailies.
    Thanks for the advice!
    I think I'll stick to PvP too, its the reason I got back into WoW kinda, but its always unbalanced, and I aint about to reroll FotM, so like, when pallys are doing bad in arena I guess I'll switch to BGs.

sweet vid bro keep it going. originality always makes an interesting vid.
    nerfs tickle at best
    people who reroll or quit due to nerfs are sissys

Heya,

Very nice video, really enjoyed it, cheers for that

Im trying it now with a mix of ret and defensegear (gemmed for str), to get some nice dmg out of HotR and AV, but im not certain if i just should go for either retgear for Hotr or pure BV for AV. Whats your thoughts about that?

I got the Northern Barrier in my bank but don't know if i should use it over the Skull of Ruin because SoR has BV on it.

Atm im using as mh either Last Laugh or Gladiator's Slicer.

Also using 2 pieces of Conquerer to get the 10% extra HoW damage, dont go emorage over the meta in the headpiece though, just using it in this spec to up my BV a bit

And cheers again for making the no raidingduetovactionperiod less boring

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...m&n=Idieanyway

Idie

I'm having alot of mana issues in BG's. Don't know how it is in arena but I guess if you aren't in the focus and DP drops, you'll be in trouble. AS alone is 1k mana :[ - I dont know which glyph to drop for the HoR glyph though..oh well.

But hey, I got 12k AS Crit + 12k SoR Crit - that Druid dropped fast!