Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Tier 9 Armor Sets Models

I think all the kids that QQ about everything on the forums should get together and design their own game because apparently they know how to do it better.

Then we can all laugh because it'll be a piece of shit and will fail terribly, because you're a bunch of idiots who likely have down syndrome. The only thing you people know how to do is whine when Blizzard doesn't design the game to exactly fit your personal preferences.

Oh and the horde sets look sick btw.

15+ Year Old Account

Call Brüno the Fashionpolizei!!!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by det
    And there we have it folks. 5 people, 6 opinions. No way Blizzard can ever "win" with this "fanbase"...stop trying already....
    This, this guy speaks the truth, I have seen it in many posts, in many ways!

Deleted

fail... just fail >_<

10+ Year Old Account

Its almost like they gave up.
    We need to prescribe electro-shock and Anti depressants.
    All the QQ has made blizzard employees get depression.

Horde mail: no kilt.
    Alliance mail: kilt

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I will add my comments to the list of Blizzard detractors here. And I will try, at least, to explain why I am so disappointed.

Yes, creating a video game of this scope is difficult. Yes, WoW is still one of the (if not the) best MMOs out there. Yes, I will continue to play it. But I am left scratching my head about a few things this patch is bringing out that I simply do not understand.

First: The Tier 9 gear is, in my opinion at least, pretty hideous looking across the board. The best I can offer for any of the models I've seen is that it "doesn't look bad". But the single MOST disappointing feature about the new armor is that its design is just flat, plain-old lazy. What do we have here? 1 new model per class of armor (cloth, leather, mail and plate)? Honestly, Blizzard - is that REALLY the best you can do? Is that all we can hope to ask for, that 2-3 classes will now look practically identical? If you are truly running out of ideas for how to make the classes look unique, hire some blasted fashion designers to come in and consult. They make some pretty wacky things to display on those catwalks... I'm sure they could come up with something for you.

Second: The new dungeon and raid content. Glorified Pit of Blood and a rogues' gallery of NPCs we've already seen. Bravo. This one is right up there with recycling Naxx for us to headline the expansion.

But what puzzles me more than how obviously hastily thrown together this whole tier was is WHY it is being jammed down our throats NOW. Ulduar was a pretty impressive piece of work (itemization aside) and MOST of the raiding world is still working its way through the content. Okay, so most serious guilds have downed Yogg, but how many have completed Yogg +0? 5? If THIS trash is all you can throw together, why even release it at all?

I would love to hear some explanation on this from the folks at Blizzard, and guys - save the whining about how hard it is to please everyone and keep the game balanced... You phoned in the content additions for 3.2. That isn't up for discussion. What I want to know, is why?

Damni thought ill fight horde Feladins

As an Alliance Shaman.....I can say our set looks like fucking shit compared to Horde.
    But I can also so I'm glad we have a kilt and not pants.
    So it pretty much evens out for me.

I actually really like the rogue/druid Alliance sets. I also liked the T8 rogue set. Very symbolic, and a way to distinguish WoW rogues from the generic rogue/thief/pickpocket fantasy stereotype.

I find it highly amusing (and also, somewhat sad) that so many guys are being embarrassed about what they'll be "wearing" as an ally Rogue or Druid. As a woman, I can wear pants these days without being ridiculed...nobody will blink twice. I could even wear a fancy pantsuit to a party, instead of a dress or skirt. Nobody would care. Nobody would accuse me of being out of line, or a dyke, or anything. But you poor men keep supporting dress and fashion biases among yourselves (trust me, women appreciate a well-dressed male). The Druid and Rogue leather is beautiful, but you're all too scared/biased/steeped in western male culture to keep an open mind about it. It's kinda sad to see as an outside perspective as a female. Woman's emancipation has progressed quite far, and the world hasn't yet fallen apart due to it, but men are still trapping themselves with their attitudes about what is "manly" and what "isn't". (OMG, my friends will laugh at me! QQ! Really, you give a flying fuck about what your friends think? That's how you make your decisions? Wow, that's so...high school female cliquish! Which I despise, in either gender. Just as I despite male gossip as much as I do female gossip.)

/end being randomly philosophical. (Yeah, this isn't the best place to speak about it...I know. ::sad face:

horde cloth is the best looking one

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

@Alliance Rogue/Druid chest

I feel pretty,
    Oh, so pretty,
    I feel pretty and witty and bright!
    And I pity
    Any girl who isn't me tonight.

If Blizzard wants to be lazy and just re-skin other sets for Tier 9, how about they actually re-skin a good looking set? I'm thinking this....

You change the red tones in the armor to black, and then you change the red of the glowing eyes to blue to keep it more in theme with the WotLK.

Alliance Leather sux until people realize that it reminds the new Assassin's Creed 2 mask...

And also... rogue alread used that kind of mask in TBC sets.

Alliance sets are good, except for mail ones (looks more like a Druid). They made the leather sets really look like what they are: Leather.

Horde sets looks good too, except for leather ones (didn't like the "looks like old time plate" look). Paladin really improved without the green spikes, but overall the horde plates look weaker than alliance model and plates overall. Not that much "heavy armored" and I was looking foward to something like it for horde (Warrior's T6 anyone?).

Overall, finally going back to not every set looking like plate.

This is absolutely disgracefull! You would think that they would at least TRY to make something decent....

Worst shaman set currently in the entire game, its a cheaper and worse looking ripoff of tier 1.

oh well, nothing that cant be fixed by replacing the game files for T9 with those for T2, the best looking shaman set ever made.

But really, how does it fit into the logic of ANYONE that the highest level gear in the game looks so bad one wouldnt wear it just to spare the eyes? Stop fucking around blizz!
    And if youre really so horrible you have to recycle the Tier 6 set for warriors, why on earth do you then make it look worse than the set youre copying???

What is the deal with the homogenized looking gear, what ever happened to originality, cloth gear epic or otherwise needs to look like cloth not plate. Lock and priest gear should not basically look the same given a slight color change. Not knocking the art dept (me being a professional artist myself), they are probably cranking out some pretty bad assed designs but they are not being implemented into the game. Epic armor should look very unique and epic to the class it has been made for, especially for all the work that goes into acquiring it. Blizzard makes 11 million+ dollars a month off this game, there is no reason why they cannot at the least provide better armor designs that do not look like a rip off of another class in game. In vanilla wow we had some fantastic armor designs that preached to the class it was intended for, now a few expansions and millions of dollars later instead of the designs getting better they sadly have gotten extremely lazy.

The worst tier i ever seen.

i think people need to think about a couple things when looking at these sets, and see them in the context of the game:

#1, this gear is not boss dropped, its not some hidden treasure locked away for the the last thousand years, it is armor being produced by the argent crusade for the specific purpose of equipping a team of champions to face off with Arthas.

#2 on the "omg one model for each armor type? WTF?!" comments... normaly there are 10 sets for 10 classes, if they did that for this patch, they would need to make 20 different sets (10alliance/10horde) that are each unique and special in thier own right and up to the usual quality standard. that is really asking alot, imo. so i think its perfectly reasonable that they went with 8 different models with 20 different skins.

given those two points, i have no problem at all with these sets. they fit the context very well, and if making 8 sets with 20 skins means they can spend more time on ICC, then more power to them.

this patch is obviously a mid-expansion gear reset to get people ready for ICC, they did the same thing in TBC. i think its a great idea to keep the player base together.

disappointing.
    Deal with it...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Seriously, a corset? Is there such a thing for men? I cant stop laughing at how unfortunate alliance is, my sides are starting to hurt. Hordes cloth pieces hit it out of the ball part, especially the warlock set.