Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

"Let" them win...

I don't know about anyone else, but to me this is one of the most ridiculous statements anyone can make in a battleground. If the other side is winning, it's

because your team was outplayed. Period. End of story. That is fact.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Deleted

Re: "Let" them win...

It is said by the same people over and over, the ones who enter BG, have no idea how to play that BG and no intention to learn, I wish there was a vote kick.

There are some matches that you simply have no chance of winning, whether it's due to a lack of players, or due to your players being horrible, or whatever. When the other team is obviously going to win, I simply farm HKs and suggest for other people to do the same. There is not point in dragging out a game that you have no chance of winning.

On the other hand, I have seen a few situations early on in games where people suggested that we let them win when we still had a very legitimate chance to win. Now that can be quite annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

When you are on a pug that can't use teamwork a shit and the opposite faction has a premade going on, it seriously pisses off almost making you to stop playing

My response to those is: They're going to win even if u don't "let" them. So just shut up and play please

While loling at my screen ofc ^^
    But really, what's the logic on that, plus it does absolutely no good to the team and just make everyone hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    There are some matches that you simply have no chance of winning, whether it's due to a lack of players, or due to your players being horrible, or whatever. When the other team is obviously going to win, I simply farm HKs and suggest for other people to do the same. There is not point in dragging out a game that you have no chance of winning.

On the other hand, I have seen a few situations early on in games where people suggested that we let them win when we still had a very legitimate chance to win. Now that can be quite annoying.
    This.
    Read the signature rules.

When you've only got Stables (or Farm) left, and all the 14 players on your team is vigorously defending it, a "Let them win" is definitively called for. Why drag out something as dull as a never ending node defend, when it would be way more profitable to simply let them win.

And don't give me that "But I don't care about honor/marks/bunnies, I just want to PvP" bullshit, it died out some time around vanilla.

Go arena if you want to kill players, unless you rely on your 14 team mates to do the work for you, at which point you become a hypocrite and your plea is moot.

When I call out for "let them win" we have no chance to win, and I just want to get out of there so I can get into a new BG

and what I mean with "let them win" is stop capping their bases, just sit here and kill them for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    stop being stupid.
    seriously, thats like buying crack from a dealer and then realizing you bought baking powder and running to your friends shouting WTF I GOT SCAMMED BY THE BAD MEN!

And then you have the people who like to drag the game out for as long as they can, because they get some serious jollies out of watching people complain

i honestly hate people who let the other faction farm them, and lets face it calling the game when you let one flag threw is bs.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

When I call it out I am trying to let the people that aren't smart enough to understand we have no chance know that we have no chance. And it's better to get it done quick so we can move on and have a chance at a good BG.

What's most annoying is when people say "let them win" when we are currently winning on score, but just happen to temporarily have less bases.

Also gotta love in SotA, as alliance, when you lose the 1st round, and I say "let them win" people start calling me noob.

Because, y'know, you'll win way more marks if you Draw than if you Lose

i ignore /bg channel everytime i just go and farm by myself kills even there its a premade i don't give a shit you all should do this or stop entering in any of battlegrounds ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    I don't know about anyone else, but to me this is one of the most ridiculous statements anyone can make in a battleground. If the other side is winning, it's

Yep. They think they're making a choice to lose fast instead of slow. They "know" they're going to lose. They don't seem to know what the word "let" means.

Yeah, it's like givin up, which equals into losing as well, just a matter of how much effort you'llput into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalol2
    i ignore /bg channel everytime i just go and farm by myself kills even there its a premade i don't give a shit you all should do this or stop entering in any of battlegrounds ok thanks
    You are a bad player. People should not listen to you. Some of us actually want to win, and will do things like use strategy or communicate to accomplish the goal. I hope they do make a tiered BG system so I never have to see scrubs like you again.

15+ Year Old Account

I dunno if I'm actually frustrating the other team enough then I did my job personally I don't care about the marks or w/e just doing it because I can. Generally I avoid being in premades to much drama and the challenge of solo queing is much more rewarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Maybe I'm on the opposite end of things, but whenever I hear someone whine to let the other team win I try my best to slow down the game (and hopefully win) as much as possible. I BG because I like to. Occasional I join a BG because a character of mine needs honor, but my number one priority is always to try my hardest and see if I can get any better.

Personally some of my greatest PvP moments are the times I win a fight 1v2 or when we win the battleground at the very last second thanks to some heroic playing. I don't remember the times I stomped some other team because we started out with 10 more players then they did. Nor would I have fun in that BG.

So why should I just roll over and let the enemy win? I'd be surprised if I was the only one with this attitude. Quit being quitters. Work hard for something and you might just find yourself feeling rewarded once in a while. Tackle challenges and make yourself a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne

shut up please, and go away.