WoW Addon settings gone but "still there"

hi mmo champs!

Just a few minutes ago I had like 2-3 freezes while playing WoW (Nvidia Windows 7 drivers are still a little unstable from time to time).
    So,after the most recent reboot, I started WoW just to find that the addon settings aren't loaded.

After checking my WTF/Config folder I saw that all my settings and folders are still there ...they just don't get loaded ingame as it seems.

Anyone had something similar? I haven't found a solution via google yet.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: WoW Addon settings gone but "still there"

more than likely its because you changed some settings with those addons, and the game was closed incorrectly. so the changes didn't get saved... occasionally it can even result in corruption just have to put up with it and remember to make frequent backups of your WTF folder

Double check to see if there is not another directory somewhere on your computer that WoW might be using as it's addons folder.

Easiest way to do so would be do a directory search for one of the blizzard specific Addon Folders, like Blizzard_ArenaUI etc

I know XP uses the addons folder under the main wow directory, but Vista and Win7 have been known to use their own folders tied to your Win user account info instead.

There is a small chance that when you crashed / glitched out, it flipped that option on, and now Windows is referencing an empty directory for WoW to check for addons.

Where would that folder be?

It seems like some settings are saved (like the number of bars Bartender uses and how the skills are arranged) but others aren't; like I'm not in a single standard chat channel (trade,common) eventhough I resetted my WTF folder.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IcantHear
    Where would that folder be?

It seems like some settings are saved (like the number of bars Bartender uses and how the skills are arranged) but others aren't; like I'm not in a single standard chat channel (trade,common) eventhough I resetted my WTF folder.
    Plenty of settings are stored server-side now, hence why some things are persistent.
    Other settings folders include:
    C:/Users/<name>/Saved Games/World of Warcraft
    C:/Users/<name>/Documents/World of Warcraft