Poll: What's Your favourite dungeon? (Up to 3 picks)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Favourite 5-man Dungeon (with Poll)

hmm ok,

pre-tbc
    Deadmines =), Scarlet Monastery(dno just love the place), Uldaman(nice looks/lore), Sunken Temple and Scholomance cuz of the creepieness and zulfarrak is nice as well, always been fun to run it on an alt =D and Maraudons looks are also rly cool
    <3 pre-tbc instances cuz of the nostalgia ofc, lots of different cool themes, and because some of them are actually "long", dont like to rush through an instance ;/

BC- Magisters Terrace i guess

WotLK- pfffff Oculus, unique and at least "hard"(kinda=), and then i'll have to go for Draktharon and Gundrak because of the Trolls =)...guess that says enough...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ccbutch
    Scholo, it was my hang-out at 60, each room is different, each boss is different, and I loved the look and feel of the place. I was disappointed they didn't have anything that felt like that in Northrend.

Old Kingdom, I enjoy all the bosses but the herold is the best. There is nothing better than listing to people on vent who have never done the fight before. All I explain is kill the adds during Insanity then you hear "Why are you attacking me? WTF! Get the hell off of me" Makes me laugh every time.

Black Morass, I remember doing this for the Kara attunment when BC first came out, everyone in greens and scattered blues and the challenge of it, so radically different than any other dungeon. Unlike Violet hold you couldn't just tank and aoe the adds(a pali with better gear could), it would be left in the hands of a dps, the time requirement was strict were we'd often have the next mob up before the last one was down. It was a damn fun and damn challenging dungeon for the right gear level.
    this, i rly exspected to get some rly creepy places in wotlk with that unigue atmosphere like the plaguelands,strat and scholo but only naxx could come a lil close to that , but knowing that its a pre tbc revamp says enough...

Slabs.. because it was fun

Mechanar- The "Easy" Heroic in BC, yet harder than every other heroic in WOTLK. It had solid bosses, solid variety of trash, a good length, etc. Just all around what the "baseline" heroic should have been, not the shit we have now
    Magister's Terrace - An awesome instance all around, anyone who has run it knows what I'm talking about
    Culling of Stratholme - Interesting concepts for a dungeon, good lore, timed run is interesting, could use a BIT more variety in trash, but compared to all the other WOTLK instances it takes the cake. Perhaps not as good as some of the other BC instances gameplay wise, but it has a juicy lore feel to it.

in no order
    stratholme-that place is just awesome
    wailing caverns-3 manning that with 2 19 shamans and a 19 druid was the most fun ive ever had in this game
    MGT-KT's revenge ("Tempest Keep was merely a setback!") and the glimpse into sunwell (which i never did =[)

15+ Year Old Account

Deadmines is just awesome!

Cot: Hillsbrad!

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Deadmines: even able to 3man eveything here with alts around lvl 18-20 wasa epic night then

Scarlet monastery: just because its sm

Mgt: the fights, the music. of all instances this is my number 1
    All men…are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory! That's why there is war, violence and unrest. Inequality is not evil. Equality is! - Emperor Charles zi Britannia

15+ Year Old Account

BRD: Well, something about this dungeon with hallways crawling around everywhere (and lots of bosses!) made me really enjoy the runs here. Also, I remember it as a 10-man dungeon from really way back.

SM: This instance was just epic, one of the instances I have enjoyed the most throughout the game. And I was so happy the day I got the Herod shoulders for my shaman.

Stratholme: This instance was awesome... So much lore (going all the way back to Warcraft III) and it also tied in with the Scarlet Crusade lore.
    "You can cut our wings but we will always remember what it was like to fly!"
    #nogg-aholic

1. UBRS
    2. Stratholme
    3. Scarlet

SM was amazing the first time I stepped foot inside it. Same with Strat and UBRS, and UBRS will always be my favorite instance.
    Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a poet... or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

MGT: Great loot (just think of the trinket from the 3rd boss!), good, fun loot, but not that kind of freeloot we have today.
    Cool atmosphere, good designed bosses, very challenging trash sometimes.

UBRS was the best but only when it was 15man not that 10 man crap.

I would vote for:

Scholomance: Scourge mixture of napola and a devil school from Dracula (read the book before reading about scholo, srsly!)
    Shadowfang Keep: Just has this... Touch... Have been there most of the time.
    Magister's Terrace: <== avatar, like the dialogs

But I accidently clicked Strat instead of Scholo

i rly liked slabs. dont know why tho
    Don't forget that without sentry totem raid bosses would often sneak up on us.

Magisters Terrace (Heroric) Before it was nerfd.

Arcatraz (Heroric)

Oculus (Heroric)

I tend to like Herorics which prove a slight challenge for most groups at times. Like MGT I loved that, then it was nerfd and I was like 'Wwwwhhhyyyy?!?!?!?!!?!'

15+ Year Old Account

Arcatraz an easy first, though I loathed the first boss.

Botanica and Underbog are tied, and not just because I could herb the enemies

Oculus an honorable mention, for its difficulty, atmosphere and imaginative mechanics.
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

I picked Shattered Halls, though I enjoyed MagT just as much, but I figured there would be more votes for that one...and I was right. This was a challening instance for awhile, but not impossibly challenging (if you had the right group). Of course, the most fun for me was healing my prot palladion guildie on my shaman as he tanked 7 mobs (which was somewhat impressive back then) .

I do think the new ICC 5 mans will outdo any others however. At least, they will for me.

Too many of the BC instances were ugly and boring. WotLK dungeons look MUCH better and are far more fun.

My favorite is Utgarde Keep, followed by Culling of Strathholme and Ahn'kahet. I jizzed in my pants when I went on my first run through at 71. So beautiful and not monotinous like every BC one

Then Rhonin went down to Blackrock Depths, killed Emperor Dagram Thaurissan, and fathered the heir to the throne of Ironforge with the extremely grateful Moira Bronzebeard. But he wasn't done yet; the Dark Iron Dwarves were doing the bidding of Ragnaros the Firelord, so Rhonin went down to Molten Core and beat the crap out of everybody.

"TOO SOON," bellowed Ragnaros.

But Rhonin was all: "It's never too soon to party, Rhonin-style."

And then he beat Ragnaros to death with his own hammer, because Rhonin is the only Mage who ever had the mad skillz to train two-handed maces.

On the way out of Blackrock Mountain, Rhonin went to the spire and pwned Nefarian. He saved Vaelestrasz the Red, and the two did a celebratory chest bumb.

MgT and Stratholme, loved those instances. Hope ICC 5 will be like that

ICC 5mans are the 3 most epic 5mans I've ever done. Tried it on my ptr and It's great
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case