Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Trading Card Mounts Bind Removed in 3.2?

It looks like each loot item can only be used once (no BoA, mount item disappears when learnt) with the benefit of a vast reduction in loot scams as the item can be seen in the trade window and AH.

Good move by Blizzard IMO.

this information is absolutely NOT confirmed by Blizzard for the moment
    I like how Boubouille writes this when it comes to trading card mounts, but not when guessing two new races based on nothing but PTR Hallow's End masks. :P
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

I was not able to purchase more Swift Spectral Tigers on PTR with my copied character that is normally able to buy them on live. He asked me for a code when he usually opens up a vendor window allowing me to buy them. I can still purchase as many as I want on live so I'm considering stocking up for 3.2..

Quote Originally Posted by Drawz
    I like how Boubouille writes this when it comes to trading card mounts, but not when guessing two new races based on nothing but PTR Hallow's End masks. :P
    Probably because this is something that is very easily a bug. Whereas when every existing Hallow mask is a player-race and they add in four new masks for two races with a male/female each, it's either purposeful misdirection or true. I mean, have you ever even seen a female worgen in game? They simply don't exist, so why would we be dressing up as them?

Oh God. I'm gonna start saving money now. Will 20k be enuff for a spectral tiger? I'm afraid nooooot >_<

Okay, checked out the pics and I think I know what's going on.
    Blizzard is obviously NOT gonna make em BoE.

While changing the item so it could be used on level 40 (instead of 60) and level 20 (instead of 40),there was made a mistake.
    While they were working on the item code (or whatever) they forgot to make it BoP.

Reason for me thinking this:
    The turtle doesn't require a level to use, so there was no need to change the item, so they didn't make a mistake.
    If they're planning on making all the mounts BoE... why skip the turtle?

You can fish a turtle. Can't fish any of the other mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by sarge132
    Think about it for a second. One of the most common scams is selling the codes for these mounts and other Promotion items. Them taking the BoP off these items eliminates the possibilty of scamming the codes when you can now just trade the item itself. Smart move IMHO. Cuts a chunk out of the tickets they have to answer for scammed stuff.
    This.

I think its a great idea these codes are soo rare any ways the chance someone gets it and decides to give it away for gold is not going to happen and if it does big deal 1 big ah item every so often also stops the scammers
    Quote Originally Posted by LonezWulf
    no lol her dick was bigger than my own

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    You can fish a turtle. Can't fish any of the other mounts.
    Hes talking about the other turtle thats not part of fishing, but a TCG loot card.. Wich requires no level.. :-*

I'd pay 1500g for a Rooster mount.

If this is true then most likely once the mount is clicked on it becomes BoP.

But I am for the idea of selling mounts in WoW. It should at least cut down on some scams of people saying they are selling Sprectral Tiger mount. Now you can straight up say show me and when they can't no more need to deal with them BSing. Also if they are allowed to be put in AH this should sink some more money out of the game with the 10% tax or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lausten
    Or those people living in a country where they dont sell TCG cards, like here in Denmark. My only option would be to order a whole box home from US and A, and then get lucky.. :-\

And I really hope they make them BoA, I always though it would be stupid otherwise.. In the end its the same person sitting behind the screen, why not let him show off on each character..
    You must either live in a small village with the nearest shop to be a farm shop, or either you have not checked your options.

- I live in Denmark, Copenhagen and I can go to the nearest book store to buy the TCG with at least 4-5 options to pick between.

Quote Originally Posted by Saraki

While changing the item so it could be used on level 40 (instead of 60) and level 20 (instead of 40),there was made a mistake.
    While they were working on the item code (or whatever) they forgot to make it BoP.

The turtle doesn't require a level to use, so there was no need to change the item, so they didn't make a mistake.
    thought the same

Quote Originally Posted by Saraki

This is obviously the most logical reason. There probably is a small possibility of them becoming BoA, but the main reason they show up as BoE is probably because they forgot to include that tooltip in when changing the req levels.

Diagnosis - BE - Mage - Shattered Hand - US <--Main
    Absolutia - BE - Mage - Shattered Hand - US
    Sanctius - BE - Paladin - Shattered Hand - US

10+ Year Old Account

I sold a rooster egg on the ptr ;D

NOOOOO, now we are gona see more Visa kids running around one of these >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Drawz
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I know that a lot of people will love to argue with that over hundreds of replies.
    And they did. It was rather amusing how fast the thread grew.

I will lol a lot if this change happens. Im lucky enough to have a spectral tiger ingame.. And im not sure whether some people are aware that, after putting the code in, I can buy as many of the tiger as I like (for 100g)... so if this change goes through Its going to end up making me quite rich...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaris
    I will lol a lot if this change happens. Im lucky enough to have a spectral tiger ingame.. And im not sure whether some people are aware that, after putting the code in, I can buy as many of the tiger as I like (for 100g)... so if this change goes through Its going to end up making me quite rich...
    and then Blizzard added Unique equipped to the tooltip and you started cryin' ^^

Omg I replied in yet another useless topic >.<