ideas on how to improve affliction for pvp

I was thinking maybe adding a swiftmend type talent to the affliction tree would help so much for pvp. for example you could blow up your corruption to do its damage all at once when you use your "swiftmend" but consume the corruption(just an idea) what do you think?

Re: ideas on how to improve affliction for pvp

i said affliction kid

Did you know that on Beta Server we had some real cool and unique talents for affliction ?
    They would be very useful NOW and for my opinion not much OP then talents other classes got.

Atrocity:
    1 pt; requires 50 pts; You devastate the area, causing Corruption (Rank 8) to all targets within 15 yards. In addition, your Corruption spell will do 434 Shadow damage to the target when it finishes its duration.

Soul Depletion:
    3 pts; requires 40 pts; Your Corruption spell ticks have a 15% chance of consuming w% mana, x energy, y Rage or a z Runic Power on affected targets.

Both talents would help Affliction a lot at pvp, to bad Blizzard denies everthing to WL while giving other classes insane talents/skills.

For my eyes, most of WL talents you can "build" your trees around, are bonuses and effects that other classes have for their spells/skills from the start.
    [div class="blizzquotewrap"][div class="blizzquoteinner"][span class="corners-top"][span][/span][/span][div class="blizzquoteheader"][span]Quote from: Blizzard Staff[/span][/div][div class="blizzquote"]Warlock's survavibility wasn't really good at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, but they're in a pretty good place right now.[/div][span class="corners-bottom"][span][/span][/span][/div][/div]

Btw. there where other nice talents, too:

On Destruction:

Kindling Soul: 2 pts; requires 35 pts; Your spell damage is increased by 10% of your Spirit, and your spell criticals increase your Spirit by x% for 10 sec.

Torture: 3 pts; requires 40 pts; After you critically strike with a Shadow spell, your next Searing Pain or Immolate spells have a x% chance to become instant cast. This ability has a 20 second cooldown.

Eternal Flames: 5 pts; requires 45 pts; Your Searing Pain and Incinerate spells have a x% chance to refresh the duration of your Immolate spell on the target, and increases the critical strike damage of your Destruction spells by an additional 10%.

And my personal favourite:

Decimate: 1 pt; requires 50 pts; Your next Shadow or Fire spell is instant cast, and does damage in the form of Chaos damage, ignoring all resistances, absorption, and immunity mechanics. After the end of the Decimated cast, you become exhausted, disabling you from casting a spell of the same school for 3 sec.

Chaos Bolt like damage but on "demand", could be greatly be used with soulfire.

But Blizzard killed this talent, along with the "ignoring all resistances...immunity mechanics" that Chaos Bolt had.

Poor Blizzard
    [div class="blizzquotewrap"][div class="blizzquoteinner"][span class="corners-top"][span][/span][/span][div class="blizzquoteheader"][span]Quote from: Blizzard Staff[/span][/div][div class="blizzquote"]Warlock's survavibility wasn't really good at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, but they're in a pretty good place right now.[/div][span class="corners-bottom"][span][/span][/span][/div][/div]

Just give us Cripple back.

Cripple (1.5 sec cast, no cooldown)

Cripples the target, reducing movement speed by 75%, pacifying and silencing the target. Cripple causes the target to be immune to physical attacks, but still vulnerable to spells. Lasts 20 sec. Only 1 target can be crippled at a time.

Atrocity, Soul Depletion and Cripple were cool and so warlockish talents. I don't know why they kicked them out for some boring ass talents like Haunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tariosus

Decimate: 1 pt; requires 50 pts; Your next Shadow or Fire spell is instant cast, and does damage in the form of Chaos damage, ignoring all resistances, absorption, and immunity mechanics. After the end of the Decimated cast, you become exhausted, disabling you from casting a spell of the same school for 3 sec.
    Dear God!
    8 weeks ban for repeated violation of the signature guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Just give us Cripple back.

Cripple (1.5 sec cast, no cooldown)

Cripples the target, reducing movement speed by 75%, pacifying and silencing the target. Cripple causes the target to be immune to physical attacks, but still vulnerable to spells. Lasts 20 sec. Only 1 target can be crippled at a time.
    There was a problem with cripple for all before wotlk bosses.they couldnt fix it so it wont work on bosses ,so warlocks could easily solo for example kazzak. Also haunt was supposed to be our level 75 spell available to all warlocks. Cripple could be imba vs melee .

My idea for affliction would be to get free of shadowbolt spell in pve and pvp rotation somehow

or

get a talent that reduces your next 2 shadowbolts cast time by 1,5 sec after for example u use haunt on the target.or make it more like arcane missiles /penance , eg shadowbolt missiles for a little more faster burst.

warlocks need improvement? hahahahahahhah right...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenhour
    warlocks need improvement? hahahahahahhah right...
    ...said another pve geared player from battlegrounds that got hit by 10k chaos bolt /conflagrate...

Yeah, the boss abuse was the problem with cripple.. not the fact that it's basically a 10 second stun with no cooldown...

Affl is fine,just wait until 3.2 arrives.

Affl is fine,just wait until 3.2 arrives.
    locks have beean told that since the very beggining og wotlk

sorry but I think you guys does not need any improvement atm. If some player can play at 2.6k+ rates of every battlegroup you should not whine about it. Work hard on cc without loosing ur dps and enjoy mega heals on ur ars.
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Sket
    Not op for sure, its UBER OP!
    It only silenced 10 sec in PvP i don't see the problem :P (just kidding)

I never used it so i'm not sure if it silenced for the whole duration, can anyone tell me exact what they mean with pacifying?

Quote Originally Posted by Sket
    Not op for sure, its UBER OP!
    It share DR with Fear, and in PvP ALLL CCCCCCC LAST for 10 sec.
    It is just a new fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    It only silenced 10 sec in PvP i don't see the problem :P (just kidding)

I never used it so i'm not sure if it silenced for the whole duration, can anyone tell me exact what they mean with pacifying?

Pacifying means melee can't attack

Quote Originally Posted by wannabetroll
    locks have beean told that since the very beggining og wotlk
    you mean F&F aphla.
    Since then EVERYONE (expect us of cause) say Warlock are OP, but the number prove other wise. (PvP wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    Pacifying means melee can't attack
    So dual warlock in 2vs2 could make both enemies useless? GIFE *drool*