Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: PvP for PvE players

I go into battlegrounds with pve gear? I dont see a problem with that. All I wear is trinket/and furious gloves and boots.

LOL you must be kidding me, i cant wait to be killed again by every melee class as a clothie without res... And yes, everyone will instagib everyone FUN

+ use your emblems for pvp gear and dont be so greedy

Quote Originally Posted by Dubroya
    let's just see what happens if a rogue gets full raid buffed, full ulduar hard mode gear vs. a shieldess mage!

The same thing that happens to a mage without shields against any melee class?

I've always found mages to be a bit squishy against my Warrior, Paladin, and Shaman, if they have their shields up they generally live if they have pvp gear(something I don't have much of), if they don't have their shields up their generally dead in a matter of seconds regardless of their resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    I go into battlegrounds with pve gear? I dont see a problem with that. All I wear is trinket/and furious gloves and boots.
    Same here, two of my characters have 2+ pieces of pvp gear, every other character has none and I still roll into BG's and rape face depending on the character.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Come on, I do BG with my pve lock(2800 SP), I just do Immolate+Incinerate+Conflagrate= 20k+ damage.
    Ofc, when they manage to get to you, you are screwed, but /care :P
    Just think ''Hey Im pve geared,poor bastard cant 1 shot me, what a loser''
    PvP for PvE players is just a silly idea.

hes asking for world of roguecraft again.

the correct answer is "no"

sorry.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

not to be mean here but i played pre-bc

this is what happend

/enter bg
    /get trashed by t3 rogue
    /leave bg
    /brake keybord over head
    /buy new keybord
    /enter bg
    /get trasehd by t3 rogue
    /brake keybrod over head
    /buy new keybord

do you see the idea? that can get expensive.

now for real. it ended up that this in bgs to be honest. players that raided won that was it. if you didnt raid every night you didnt have gear. if you didnt have gear you didnt win if you didnt win you didnt pvp. so resiliance was born. i think there were better ways to make gear for pvp. but they did this and it works. it keeps pvers and pvpers apart wich is what most people ( myeslef included ) were bitching about back then. they changed it and now we are bitching that they did. i lost the quote but ill give you what a blue said and it is exactly right

" we could cut the subscription fee in half and half of you would say its to high and half would say its to low " you just cant make everyone happy. and when you give them what they want they find a reason to bitch about geting it.

i almost never PVP.full time raider instead....if i enter a BG and some guy in all good PVP gear comes up and kicks my ass into next week.....well he should! The skilled PVP guys should almost aways be able to beat me in a BG or arena. Just as i should almost always out tank them in PVE. When i walk into their turf i expect them to have the "home feild" advantage. When they come to our raids we have the advantage. If you put most of your focus on just one of the aspects of the game(as i do) then dont expect to be as good as the guy who focuses on the other aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Woony
    BTW, i don't know what class you play, but for most meele classes PvE Gear is better in Battlegrounds anyway.
    I BG in my raid gear as a Hunter and do better than if I was wearing PvP gear.

The problems is that is once you can't have resilience in BG's, there will be two kinds of people.

1) People with raid gear
    2) People without raid gear
    3) People without raid gear, but who also have PvP gear, unfortunately they can't wear it.

People who do Arena also do BG's, don't count them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

imo what the OP would end up doing with this change is puting EVEN MORE enphisis on arena and even less on battlegrounds. wich is the exact oposit of what bliz is trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntrex
    Ok in vanilla PvE raiders had all the gear and pwnd. Now PvE raiders get pwnd by PvP casuals.

I d like to play both parts of game. How about making Arena resilience but Battlegrounds a resilience free zone then at least PvE players can PvP on equal terms? Seems people with a life have to chose between raiding or PvP - seems a shame.

no

lose the life and gain arena
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

Quote Originally Posted by Bron
    Lol @ OP

Make PvE'ers dominate bg's because your not allowed to have resillience so real PvPers are forced to PvE to do some half-decent bg.

Seriously just l2p and get the gear yourself, it requires 10 games a week.
    Not trying to agree/disagree, but you mean the same way people who want to pvp and are forced to do arena for any decent gear?
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Ok in vanilla PvE raiders had all the gear and pwnd. Now PvE raiders get pwnd by PvP casuals.

I d like to play both parts of game. How about making Arena resilience but Battlegrounds a resilience free zone then at least PvE players can PvP on equal terms? Seems people with a life have to chose between raiding or PvP - seems a shame.

hahahahahaha ye we want PvE players to 2shot in BG's....wheeee!
    rofl...its not about pvp for pve players...

i think its just you who gets killed by PvP player always....sorry...l2p issue i think...
    and since you choose to be PvE...i think you have more then enough badges to get pvp gear...
    and think for sec...why would we need pvp gear then if we dont have ressilience on it???

Deal with it its not VANILLA WOW anymore...dont know why ppl still whine about that and crying..
    you cant have vanilla back even it was 5 times better...but more nerdy game...

and you need to be pwned from a PvP casual...you would pwn him in dmg metters probably...think for that for sec...

pve players are for pve
    pvp players are for pvp
    pvp gear for pvp
    pve gear for pve

if some ppl have time to play both...good for them...if you dont choose between that...

/end

keep pve and pvp away from eachother!

(but let the pvp'ers still be able to gank the pve'ers)
    dyslexics are teople poo

lol having resilience gears doesn't make u immortal?? i play warr with 675 resi in BG's and i'm FAR from immortal ;p and yes i'm doing quite a lot pve aswell. TBH it ain't hard to get pvp gears must admit they aren't the best but who cares? 1-2 days a piece if ur not that HC can't be that much right? 31k for shoulders 45k for chest etc. ;p