Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Sam Raimi to direct WoW Movie, Warrior Q&A #2

Quote Originally Posted by Valtiel
    On the issue of not making Warcraft dark, I completely agree. Warcraft isn't once again Warhammer, nor Lord of the Rings. It's closer to Star Wars, it's overblown, larger than life, filled with comedy and overpowered fantasy.

Let it be what it is - we don't need LotR 1.5.
    warcraft 3 was a very dark tale
    only comedy i can recall is the ending credits where old arty goes guitar hero but other than that?
    wow is filled with comedy -warcraft isnt

Quote Originally Posted by carlos5577
    Just let them copy. Not one story is ever unique. The only unique stories are the oldest ones. Even SW wasnt that unique, in short terms it was "prince rescues the princess" in space movie and yet it was a very good movie. Most stories pick up elements from other stories and yet they succeed.
    Star Wars was an acknowledged remake / tribute of Kurosawa's "The Hidden Fortress." Lucas never made a secret of it.

WTF WHERE'S UWE BOLL!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    BAMF.

All of the people here saying warcraft doesn't have a story that is capable of a movie ur def wrong. You should either go read one of the many books out there now or go read what u can on wow wiki. I know warcraft borrows a LOT from tolkein and what not but its something different. If you feel this way go read War of the Ancients trilogy. I'd honestly like to see those made into movies, would be epic to see all the demi-gods of azeroth and what not tearing apart demons and then Malorne fighting Archimonde.

But trust me when i say this w/ Chris Metzen as the writer/co-producer dont expect to be disappointed if he can write or help write another story like the book he wrote for wow or helped with the many others, this movie could be epic w/ Sam Raimi.

Bruce Campbell as Varian Wrynn. Look at their chins.

Quote Originally Posted by Omein
    Bite your tongue about Pulp Fiction...Just because you weren't smart enough to figure it out. That is my opinion on your opinion
    Well, my IQ is 155 and I wasn't that thrilled by it.. it was "cool" but nowhere near as good as folks make it to be.

Well, my IQ is 155...
    Screen shot or it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    Metzen is a co-producer, AND writes the script, and the contract most certainly leaves Blizzard a good chunk of influence.

Count the letters:
    Bruce Campbell.
    Varok Saurfang.

I don't know Warhammer pretty well, but I'd say, as with Star Trek, most of that is fan-driven. The provided basics are Humans good, Klingons/Orcs bad, War ensues.
    It's wrong, the basic premises are that humans are bad, orcs are bad, skavens are bad, elfs are bad, dark elves are bad, and Chaos is worse.

It really IS something different, once you know it.

Deleted

This is how the Movie will go.....

1 - You go to Cinema before "raid start" time and sign up by buying a ticket
    2 - You raid buff with Choccies, Nacho's and a coke
    3 - You goto enter the screen but doors fail to open

big yellow letters appear
    Instance cannot be launched - please try again later!

May have been said already, but at least it's not Uwe Boll.
    Winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I lose, I take the cash and I take the respect!

Quote Originally Posted by Baaadum
    Screen shot or it never happened.
    He meant 55...

OMG
    They actually started to work on WoW Movie. I thought they will never do it. At least not in my lifetime.
    I am thrilled it's gonna happened. If they don't decide to put it on hold for another few years.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Darkk%C3%AEller
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Darkkillerrs

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cervd
    You probably like Donnie Darko and would die defending it.
    Donnie Darko is another example, its one of those movie where if you dont like it then you arent cool and trendy and with the "in crowd". I mean really, Pulp Fiction is on the TOP 5 of the IMDB chart, beating out movies like Goodfellas, City of God, Lord of the Rings, yeah I think its safe to say that its overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by harmaahapsi
    Well, my IQ is 155 and I wasn't that thrilled by it.. it was "cool" but nowhere near as good as folks make it to be.

considering what made Pulp Fiction great was the conversational aspects, more than the action, i don't know why you gave your IQ.

It makes me laugh when people give their IQ's over the internetz, but even if its true it goes to show how IQ doesn't really say much for tastes.

I'm all for the Fordring/Eitrigg story. This is one of the example shuting the "Waracraft has no own tale" side. People claiming Warcraft didnt create anything are ignorant, whatever bullshit they're ready to spit in order to pretend they're not. :/

Illidan, Maelstrom, the whole Troll as a nation and race, Lordearon, the treason, honnestly, I could come up with hundreds of stories that Blizzard made up from nothing. Hell, give me the source of the Lich King/orc/draenei storyline ? Or the Defia's one ?

Quote Originally Posted by edgeofthecosmos
    Quentin Taratino would be full of fails, seriously the most overrated director in HISTORY, my friends begged me to watch Pulp Fiction and half way through the movie I still didnt know what the fuck it was about.

But thats an opinion and we all have those
    I really hate people that judge so fast like you. Not only you hyperbole your opinion, you base it on one movie and you didnt even catch the idea behind the movie. You arent the only one who was confused the first time they saw the movie, that's not a reason to have an opinion like that. Opinions might be opinions but lots of them have close to no credibility just because there is not enough thought behind it.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Sam Raimi? Fuck year Drag Me to Hell. I don't know about everything else he's done though... Spiderman? meh. I suspect it will get good reviews though.

Surprised that the movie actually seems to be being taken seriously finally. I think the problem they will have is attracting non WoW players to see it. Most likely they will only get WoW players and other video game addicts unless it gets incredible reviews since no one wants to be seen doing anything related to WoW if they dont play it.
    Read the signature rules

15+ Year Old Account

I hope we see everyday things in WoW in the movie such as spells/abilities we're familiar with. I REALLY hope they have every race shown in the movie. It'll be lame if there's nothing but humans and orcs, and not a Gnome or a Troll in sight.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

They should make it an IMAX flick. Who doesn't like IMAX movies? ill tell you who...blind people.