Poll: How do you feel about PvP Twinks?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How do you guys feel about PvP Twinks?

Hey Guys.

With the upcoming changes to XP stops and XP in BG I'd like to ask you:
    How do you feel about PvP Twinks in World of Warcraft?

Do you hate them? Or do you like the challenge to create the best PvP Twink ever?

Please be honest.
    I am a Twinker myself and I remember the times when they were the most hated thing in WoW ever.
    With Patch 3.2 it comes a time for you all where most Twinks will be banned from the regular BGs because
    of the seperated "XP-Stop-Battlegrounds" and the regular ones. That makes me feel happy and sad otherwise.

It's fun to have a new challenge, battle against twinks ONLY but ... I can imagine that there will be too few
    players to actually END a match without closing it because of too few players
    There are not many Twinks left out there.

I play on EU, and it's something quite rare here. How do things go in US? Is it more popular there?

Greeeeeeetings and thanks for your reply

Re: How do you guys feel about PvP Twinks?

People will always hate us because we refuse to play in Blizz's poorly constructed arena system which is the end all be all of PvP and even if you do play on an arena team and are highly rated no one will accept that fact and still call you a nub who can't PvP at 80. The world is filled with many idiots Blizz just made a game to house them all.

trainwreck

I don't really twink but I have no problem with them at all. I think all the hate towards them is the most ridiculous thing to hate in the game.

I actually did twink a paladin as I leveled up. Spent a few hundred gold on him at 39, 49, 59, 69 and it was, BY FAR, the most fun I have EVER had playing this game. Ret pally twinks at the higher brackets absolutely destroy everything. I very much regret leveling past 69. I haven't played him since actually.

Play a twink,
    You little nub
    In real PvP
    You're just a scrub.

You spend your time,
    Your gold; for what?
    To rape some low-level
    Nub in the butt?

You're wearing leather,
    (Too low for mail)
    What you think's awesome,
    Is pretty fucking Fail.

Ne'er do you stop
    And start to think,
    "Why teh fak
    Am I rolling a twink?"

100 Killing Blows
    On your "awesome" screen shot.
    Lets all line up
    To stroke you're massive e-Kok.

QQ all you want,
    But twinking's for newbs.
    BTW, gratz on ur 300th
    View on YouTube.

Balls Deep!!

I personally hate > 49 twinks myself since it gets too. But uh well, I have recruited another account to make it lvl 60 Old School chars only.

Made a Resto Shaman there, got few Tier1/2 items ;D

You should try that out, you get amazing amount of whispers of how admiring people are for you hehe.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

twinking was beter be4 BC when they were atleast killable by normal players.

i dont play a twink anymore but i feel bad for all those who do bc blizz just ruined it for u.

I like twinks in lower brackets like 10-19 and 20-29, they make an otherwise very long WSG quicker (usually)

However in higher brackets like 50-59/60 I hate them, such a pain in the ass to get nuked by a bunch of twinks in level 60 raid gear while your in greens/blues.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

I don't have any problems with twinks, it dont affect me in any way as i dont PVP when i lvl up new chars. If people want to do it they should be permitted to.

Quote Originally Posted by fml
    It's faggotry at its best. Regardless of what most twinks will say, most of them do it/did it to 'own' people (none twinks). Some will argue that most of the time it's twink vs twink but then it just comes down to who paid the most to get better gear. Haven't been tracking the BG XP thing but if what this guy says about the choice between XP-BGs and none~XP-BGs is true then at least it should just be twink vs twink and there wont be a problem.

While I agree with the OP that the BGs won't have enough players to keep going, I doubt it will be because there's not enough twinks, it will just be because they're not playing because they will no longer be 'owning' people.

Generally twinks are just baddies that key-turn but don't like losing to people who don't key-turn hence they need 3x the stats normal players have to score kills.

To assert my point just type twink into google with SafeSearch set to 'Off' and look at either the first few site entries or just click images to get the background of where 'twink' came from. You probably should be over 18.

You would suggest people google something like that...
    what are you?
    One of them queer-o-sexuals?

Quote Originally Posted by fml
    Generally twinks are just baddies that key-turn but don't like losing to people who don't key-turn hence they need 3x the stats normal players have to score kills.
    You're beyond retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Avestheman
    Play a twink,
    You little nub
    In real PvP
    You're just a scrub.

You spend your time,
    Your gold; for what?
    To rape some low-level
    Nub in the butt?

You're wearing leather,
    (Too low for mail)
    What you think's awesome,
    Is pretty fucking Fail.

Ne'er do you stop
    And start to think,
    "Why teh fak
    Am I rolling a twink?"

100 Killing Blows
    On your "awesome" screen shot.
    Lets all line up
    To stroke you're massive e-Kok.

QQ all you want,
    But twinking's for newbs.
    BTW, gratz on ur 300th
    View on YouTube.
    holy shit

thers people out there who make POEMS about low level twinks in an online game? Man how much free time can one person have ....

wow just wow

- If you have fun ganking with your twink, you win

- If you get annoyed by twinked people owning you, you need to take a break and relax and you don't win

- If you are bad and stuck in normal pvp but own people with your twink, you already know it and feel bad about it and people should just sympathise

all that is very serious stuff :S

Quote Originally Posted by shabuegah
    holy shit

thers people out there who make POEMS about low level twinks in an online game? Man how much free time can one person have ....

wow just wow
    To be fair... It is really terrible poetry...

I tried making a twink, it seemed fun
    But then 3 shotting noobs w/ less gear was too easy and it got boring fast. I kind of enjoyed killing other twinks, but many of them weren't a challenge as 50% are unskilled key turners that click skills on 1,2 and 3 buttons
    Im liking this new system, I can now verse opponents that are actually a challenge and WONT just get 3 shotted, I mean..killing that lvl 27 or 45 mage taking a break from grinding is no harder than taking your lvl 35 char through rfc... all you have done is put an inconveinience in someone else day and its not that fun because it wasn't a challenge
    I hope with the change in the system I can find some worthy opponents for my twink, And if not I will probably level my twink (rogue) by PvPing, I made him into a twink because I liked the rogue PvP, but got too bored of grinding quests

i only like it cause 80 pvp sucks

I twink because I enjoy BGs and at 80 there kind of an after thought. Once you hit 80 if you wanna PvP its either get an arena team or go home and the arena is so unbalanced right now it's crazy. I mean now that 3v3 and 5v5 are gonna be the more played your either gonna be forced to play against RMP after RMP after RMP in 3s or cleave team cleave team cleave team in 5v5. If your comp isn't great your gonna get face rolled by the current FotM comp.

At least in my twink only BGs I can play my spriest and actually stand a chance at killing something. God forbid I should be able to enjoy playing the class/spec I enjoy and be able to succeed at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noochie
    At least in my twink only BGs I can play my spriest and actually stand a chance at killing something.
    You have to play with a super unbalance of gear to stand a chance at killing something o_O
    Na, I get what you mean, non disc priests are useless for 80 PvP

i only like it cause 80 pvp sucks
    I know, I hate even gear levels... Skill is way OP

Quote Originally Posted by saltmunch
    You have to play with a super unbalance of gear to stand a chance at killing something o_O
    Na, I get what you mean, non disc priests are useless for 80 PvP

I know, I hate even gear levels... Skill is way OP
    So you honestly mean to tell me a team with an spriest and a boomkin could go toe to toe with a warrior resto druid comp or a dk proly pally team? Face it you can't play the way you wanna play at 80 because even if you've got the best gear and a good handle on your class the arena is just to unbalanced to offer fair play to all classes. Proof can be found by looking at the number of top rated spriests or boomkins they hardly exist once you get over 2k in any bracket.

Well.. I kind of see it like pvp at 80. I mean, all you are doing is getting the best gear for your twink at that level, at 80, you try and get the best gear for end game. When an 80 in pve gear goes into a BG or arena, they will get smashed by someone in the best pvp gear. I mean, poor level 80 in pve gear, wanted to take a break from raids and gets killed easily by a player with loads of resilience and stamina etc. That's just how i see it anyways.

15+ Year Old Account

I think twinks take more skill then say 80 bgs. While arena takes the most attention for pvp twinking is an amazing way to actually gain skill in a class. Don't twink at 19 twink at something higher 29, 39, even 49. But stop at that. Take that twink put it in the best gear you can get for that class, best enchants, give it the runecloth bandages, food buffs, stam and crit from professions. Poor everything you have into learning when to do what and how. That will make you so much better at that class. You can only get to a certain quality of gear. At 80 you can constantly find new gear, new patches, new arena seasons, new stuff . At level 39 you can only have certain gear you can't upgrade it unless you move up another 10 levels to twink at the next step.

I enjoy pve I raid that's about it. :P however I'm not going to stand on a box and say pvp doesn't take skill. Pvp takes a lot of skill. It is one thing to get a group of people together and learn an encounter. It is a completely different ball game to take 2 or three people and learn how every class works and what does what, when, where, why, how, and BETTER. It takes a lot of skill to take that class and learn what makes it work better and all that jazz without the constantly evolving gear. You stick to just the class and all the others around you.

I <3 twinks.