Poll: After casting Immolate, assuming both spells are not on CD, do you:

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What to cast after immolate ?

After reading through this excessive rhetoric, I have come to the conclusion:

Having a DELAY on an INSTANT CAST is completely retarded and results in the Warlock class degenerating to this. And by degenerating I mean that this thread reeks of hey I thought this was a video game and not another stastical analysis course. I mean, I enjoy using my neurons, but not when it's to improve my dps by 1-2% to workaround poor design.

The real question here is why Blizz makes an instant cast with a delay. Could you imagine if disc priests had to deal with an application delay on PW:Shield? The sky would fall.

CoE -> immo -> conflag -> chaos -> inci etc. is the best imo

But still what are we talking about? Im destro lock with full 213 gear + like 5x 226 doing this combo and i usually do 4k dps up to 5k in raids... I thought im imba dps but this changed when i met a retri pala in some heroic. he had 200lvl weapon few other 200lvl gear and rest blue/greens and he still could do 3500dps on single boss. Hey Hi hello hybrids who do less dmg than us!

Quote Originally Posted by chomik
    CoE -> immo -> conflag -> chaos -> inci etc. is the best imo

But still what are we talking about? Im destro lock with full 213 gear + like 5x 226 doing this combo and i usually do 4k dps up to 5k in raids... I thought im imba dps but this changed when i met a retri pala in some heroic. he had 200lvl weapon few other 200lvl gear and rest blue/greens and he still could do 3500dps on single boss. Hey Hi hello hybrids who do less dmg than us!
    You're just bad, get over it. A full ulduar geared destro lock beats a full geared ret paladin any day.

he had 200lvl weapon few other 200lvl gear and rest blue/greens and he still could do 3500dps on single boss.
    recount screenshot, wws etc or either it didn't happen or -1/10

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=63245

Sorry for the floating thing- I r not tew gud with teh intenetz.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

I thought im imba dps but this changed when i met a retri pala in some heroic. he had 200lvl weapon few other 200lvl gear and rest blue/greens and he still could do 3500dps on single boss.
    You're bad AND a lier...great combination there!
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Seriously, read this post and ignore everything else as its probably going to be the only decent information you're going to get out of this site.

Are you talking about PvE? If you are, you shouldn't even have to ask the question. Backdraft is your most important self-buff, you're always going to want to conflag as much as possible, and that doesn't happen if you waste global time casting a non-backdraft incinerate/cb.

Are you talking about PvP? Then you have to ask yourself some questions. Are you worried about immolate being dispelled? Are you worried about not getting your next cast off due to a possible interrupt? Do you need aftermath to peel something? Will a conflag crit kill your target? If the answer to all those questions is no, go ahead and cast the chaos bolt and follow that up with a conflag in an attempt to 100-0 global somebody. If any of the above is a yes, you're probably going to want to conflag right away, and save the chaos bolt for the fresh backdraft.

Threads over now, downies may cease their arguing.

If your talking about PvP then I would go for

Immolate>Chaos Bolt>Incenerate

why? more burst.

15+ Year Old Account

I always keep as rule to myself, keep casting dont wait for cooldowns.

So obvious i choose CB > CF

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Can't believe I'm the first to actually post this? ???

PVP:

Immolate > Chaos Bolt > SEARING PAIN > Conflag. (+finishers)

While your Chaos Bolt is on its way to your target, you can most probably get a searing pain inbetween CB and conflag.

If you do this from a fairly good range, you'll have the best burst you can get, as the last 3 spells will all land at the same damn time... :

PVP wise I'd cast Shadowfury to avoid Dispels (if the player himself can dispel) and LOS issues, and also do a bit more damage before blowing the Chaos+Conflag combo.

PvE wise I'd Chaos bolt and then conflag, to keep chain casting.
    - Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance? -

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophane
    PVP wise I'd cast Shadowfury to avoid Dispels (if the player himself can dispel) and LOS issues, and also do a bit more damage before blowing the Chaos+Conflag combo.

PvE wise I'd Chaos bolt and then conflag, to keep chain casting.
    This.
    Shadowfury is pretty must after immolate.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Revoka
    If your talking about PvP then I would go for

Immolate>Chaos Bolt>Incenerate

why? more burst.
    Wat?

Quote Originally Posted by Jump
    Can't believe I'm the first to actually post this? ???

PVP:

Immolate > Chaos Bolt > SEARING PAIN > Conflag. (+finishers)

While your Chaos Bolt is on its way to your target, you can most probably get a searing pain inbetween CB and conflag.

If you do this from a fairly good range, you'll have the best burst you can get, as the last 3 spells will all land at the same damn time... :
    I can absolutely agree to that, I actually even macroed my handmounted pyrorocket (engineer) before the searing pain, so basically that's some more damage landing at the same time ^^...

For PvE: Do you mean with "waiting" this small server-latency depending time until your client realizes, that you actually "can" cast conflag? In case yes: I wait for it, reason is simple: Conflag is more damage per cast than chaos bolt and gives the next spells a boost. Further, it nearly never happens again, that you'd have to reapply immolate right before conflag throughout the fight, so this is a one-time-issue.

Here is thought on casting cb over conflag - consider cb with a lock that has around a 20% chance to crit from gear crits about 25% of the time compared to around 60% of the time for conflag and the fight is 5 minutes plus (which is not uncommon in ulduar) and incinerate crits around 42% of the time on average i would say cb is your 3rd option in the rotation after conflag incx3. If you study wws reports you will find these figures to be true. While cb in theory has a higher damage coefficient incinerate and conflag do more damage per cast due to the crit difference. I have found this to be true in every raid ive parsed and is consistent among the locks in the raid

Micke

CB and incin has the same crit%, except if you got 4x t8, then which incin has 5% more, but cbs higher dmg and lower cast time makes up for it big time

True on paper but is not being proved in wws parses.

personally, i do immo, cb, confla, incin x 3 (than incin until confla cd il clear)
    why ? becoase with 200ms latency, confla delay after immolate is 400ms... and becoase i adapt my rotation based on cooldown.
    i have installe dominos addon and put me cd and dot timer ON spell icon... so i can adjust my rotation based on raid buff, haste, heroism, and with 20-25% haste raid buffed (more haste don't let you benefit from heroism under BD), the rotation is almost the same every 2-3 rotation.
    after any conflagrate, i control the duration left of immo dot, and if is <= 2 sec, i recast it if i'm the only lock in raid. if there's any other lock to put up immolate, i wait <= 1 sec to recast it (both metod to take up immolate for the entire fight).
    it works good for me, with naxx25 and some ulduar 10 gear (no 1 piece of t8), i put easy above 5k/5,5k dps on static fight and 4k/4,5k dps on other fight.
    I think that destro need a specific equip to gain from every buff of the raid, and too haste is "bad" for me... for dps and for rotation.
    Put the first confla after cb, with my haste and my lag, help me to maintein a "good" rotation (Confla and Cb cd are <> ) during the fight.
    i have made many test on dummy and heroic dummy to find the best for me (for other with more or less haste it can don't work as fine as for me).
    sorry for my bad english.

Chaos bolt