enhance pve proffesions

so what are the best pve proffesions i was thinking skinning and lw skinning for the crit and lw for the self only kits but i heard other proffesions were better so what are the best profs for raiding pve enhancement sham?

Re: enhance pve proffesions

JC blacksmith
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

cool i already have jc lvled abit guess ill go for bs aswell ty

15+ Year Old Account

Either JC and BS or JC and Enchanting.

JC and BS gives you access to both the increased JC gems, which are +32 (I believe) as of 3.2, and an additional two sockets. However, the Dragon's Eye gems are no longer prismatic with 3.2, so some of their versatility is removed. Still a powerful combination for the bonuses it can give you to stats.

JC and Enchanting is fairly similar, giving you the +32 from the JC-only gems, and roughly the equivalent of what the two BS sockets will give you in stats bonus except on your rings instead of in the bracers and gloves (arguably BS is better yes, as you put the mixed-coloured gems in those slots and get a potentially better stat spread than the ring enchants). The bonus to enchanting, however, is the ability to DE your own soulbound gear and provide your own enchantments; this becomes especially useful when you start replacing your own epics later on, giving you a decent supply of Abyss Crystals which you can either use for your own enchantments or sell for a tidy profit on the AH.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Go JC + Enchanting, its the best.

You can DE epics/greens for some cheap enchanting mats + the ring enchants are getting buffed in the next patch.

JC is gettin a lil worse in the next patch, but its still a worthy profession. Even after patch it makes the loss from ignoring socet bonuses a lot smaller.

Also, JC + Enchanting is a decent source of money to boot!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Travio
    JC and BS gives you access to both the increased JC gems, which are +32 (I believe) as of 3.2, and an additional two sockets. However, the Dragon's Eye gems are no longer prismatic with 3.2, so some of their versatility is removed. Still a powerful combination for the bonuses it can give you to stats.
    New JC gems for Dragons Eyes are +34 stats for base stats Agi, Hit, Expertise etc. +58 for AP. They now match the colour of the similar regular gem. So the +58AP one Bright Dragon's Eye is the same colour as all the other "Bright" cut gems ie: Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    New JC gems for Dragons Eyes are +34 stats for base stats Agi, Hit, Expertise etc. +58 for AP. They now match the colour of the similar regular gem. So the +58AP one Bright Dragon's Eye is the same colour as all the other "Bright" cut gems ie: Red.
    so then jc and bc would be better? cause i played the ptr, and you can have 3 dragons eye gems which give really good stats. or would enchanting and jc be better?

There is not any one profession that blows away all the others. This was the purpose of the JCer prismatic nerf. The one advantage that JCing gives however, is that you can customize which beneficial stat your profession gives you instead of JUST AP, SP, etc (think LWing and chanting).

I have Enchanting and Inscription but JC and BS looks pretty good. The nice thing about my combo is that it's cheap to keep all your new gear up to scratch with enchants.

Deleted

It never ceases to amaze me however that people are worrying about exactly what profession might help the most when they are often the same people who have crap gear, crap specs and gem/enchant all wrong. Professions all give very very similar buffs you'd do far better worrying about improving your gear and getting the right balances before spending the thousands of gold needed to re-level a new profession.

even engineering-glove-hase-enchant is pretty good.

except mining/herbalism you cant honestly do much wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    New JC gems for Dragons Eyes are +34 stats for base stats Agi, Hit, Expertise etc. +68 for AP. They now match the colour of the similar regular gem. So the +68AP one Bright Dragon's Eye is the same colour as all the other "Bright" cut gems ie: Red.
    I think the AP gem is supposed to be double the stat gem.

Unless you are at a point where you have absolutely no way of upgrading your gear outside of raid drops, then the benefit from having the absolute best profession means next to nothing. Right now, all professions are very close in terms of profession specific +dps increase (except for maybe Eng which lags behind a bit).

For all practical purposes, you can often get more of a benefit from something that has a financial benefit to you. If you are spending less time farming/doing dailies/etc., then you have more time to raid and run instances. If you go with something like BS, sure, you may have the potential to gain a little more AP from your gemming than, say enchanting or alchemy. However, with enchanting, you can DE gear which saves cost of enchanting upgrades along with the charge for getting someone else to do the chant for you. With alchemy, your flasks last twice as long, so you spend half as much on your flasks.

Depending on your server, some professions may also be more profitable in general, which of course translates into being able to spend less time farming and being able to buy big upgrades faster.

Considering how many people don't have either the Ulduar crafted items or access to anything better, you can often get more of a dps increase by being able to afford this stuff than just from having a few more AP as a result of a costly profession with little other benefit to you.

TL;DR: Consider the benefit of profit from professions along with their practical application along with the profession specific dps increases as they both play a role.