Elemental Shaman itemisation in 3.2

Alright. First off, excuse me... I'm not intending to troll and I don't particularly fancy getting flamed for starting up an old discussion...

With that out of the way, I'd just like to hopefully create a general consensus for the opinions of Elemental Shaman with the sheer ammount of MP5 Spell Power mail drops in the new instances.

This has probably been said numerous times before and I'm not expecting a huge response, but there are a poor ammount of correctly itemised pieces of kit for Elemental Shaman, judging by MMOC's lootlist for bosses. Stop me if I'm wrong but it strikes me as a bit needless.

Though I realise it would be much more practical to drop items that have the ability to be used by both Restoration AND Elemental saves time and inbalanced loot tables

But why not just make it so you can change the item with a similar item aimed for a different spec, much like they did with Sunwell Plateau items.

My appologies again for touching on what I assume is over-trodden ground. But yeah.... Discuss.

Re: Elemental Shaman itemisation in 3.2

I still think a simple MP5 to Haste conversion with Unrelenting Storm would fix the problem. That way all MP5 mail would be Haste for Ele.

Same old song and dance, nothing new about Blizzard taking an idiotic approach to elemental itemization.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

My shaman is almost 80, but I have end game experience on two different toons. Aren't elemental shaman lacking a large amount of hit gear? I heard from a buddy that Elemental has infinite mana, and I'm starting to find this true (again, not 80 yet, so haven't raided). Some more off pieces with hit would be nice I think, and rid of that mp5.

We're fine on hit. The tier gear is loaded down with it, and there are hit trinkets, necklaces, etc available in current content. The problem is just how little gear overall that there is that is mail, has spell power, and does not have mp5.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Put some damn elemental gear on the emblem vendors. There's always an enhance piece, and a mp5 piece, where's the elemental gear at? Also, bring back the Sunwell loot system, where most pieces could be traded in for a similar one itemized for a different spec. These two things would solve a lot of our itemization problems, and letting shaman use swords would just about take care of the rest.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    We're fine on hit. The tier gear is loaded down with it, and there are hit trinkets, necklaces, etc available in current content. The problem is just how little gear overall that there is that is mail, has spell power, and does not have mp5.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Put some damn elemental gear on the emblem vendors. There's always an enhance piece, and a mp5 piece, where's the elemental gear at? Also, bring back the Sunwell loot system, where most pieces could be traded in for a similar one itemized for a different spec. These two things would solve a lot of our itemization problems, and letting shaman use swords would just about take care of the rest.
    /nod

I just don't think they care.

I would be nice if blizzard would give the shaman community an answer of why the put so little ele mail in the game. I think it has to do with the amount of ele shamans compared to resto.

Quote Originally Posted by majorpaindude
    I would be nice if blizzard would give the shaman community an answer of why the put so little ele mail in the game. I think it has to do with the amount of ele shamans compared to resto.
    well if that was the case then there should be more ele gear than resto.. but then again the resto's would start bitching like us ele shamans.. i have a ele shaman, my alt but i really enjoy it, i just hope that we could have more haste gear which isn't tied to the resto gear. and yeh we already have a crap load of Mp5 from our talent, would be nice if they tweaked it a little bit, say Mp5 and haste but in a lower coefficient ofc, based on our int.. dunno how imba or not that will turn out but that would be a good start

the problem is caster hit mail would be exclusive to Shaman. blizz is trying to get away from makin gear that is only exclusive to one spec of one class. they want multiple classes to be able to use the same pieces of gear that drops so people have to compete for it more, making it harder to get, causing people to have to raid and try and get it more. giving every class their own specific gear would create far too many items and cause huge drop ratio issues for the game. resto gear is all over the place because technically holy pallies could use it to (at least in blizzards eyes), but holy pallies wouldnt be using mail spell hit gear because hit = useless for a healer.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nezapadooke
    the problem is caster hit mail would be exclusive to Shaman. blizz is trying to get away from makin gear that is only exclusive to one spec of one class. they want multiple classes to be able to use the same pieces of gear that drops so people have to compete for it more, making it harder to get, causing people to have to raid and try and get it more. giving every class their own specific gear would create far too many items and cause huge drop ratio issues for the game. resto gear is all over the place because technically holy pallies could use it to (at least in blizzards eyes), but holy pallies wouldnt be using mail spell hit gear because hit = useless for a healer.
    Have you ever taken a look at our new tier gear?
    I did... the 25man Heroic-T9 (so the best one) has 272 hit on it. Yes, 272...
    So... we don't really want hit on our mail... we just don't want mp5.
    I mean... there are 2 cloth badge-items coming out, that have hit and no spirit.
    There are several other cloth-drops, that have hit and no spirit... but nearly none have haste/crit/spellpower.
    As one can see from our tier sets, they want us to get most of our needed hit from tier items. The problem is... if we already have all the hit we need just from our tier set, than ALL the other items need Crit/Haste/Spellpower, seeing as there is no other stat that's useful for us.

Furthermore... there are new items that are great for 4 specs.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=47613
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=47318
    Two examples...
    Leather with Haste/Crit/Spellpower is great for druids, perfect for elemental shamans, good for resto shamans (at least for fights where mana is not THAT important) and also very good for holy pallies.

So in the future we probably won't roll on cloth anymore (because it nearly always has hit on it) but instead fight with the owls.