Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: ret keybindings?

1=divine storm 2=divine storm 3=divine storm....i think you get the point

Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel
    Was waiting for some smart-arse troll idiot to post that. Cheers for proving me right.
    does it work?

yup. stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel
    Was waiting for some smart-arse troll idiot to post that. Cheers for proving me right.
    I agree with the guy above me....its fucking true lol.

§ - Exorcism
    1 - Crusader Strike
    2 - Divine Storm
    3 - FoL
    4 - HL
    5 - Cleanse
    6 - Sacred Shield
    7 - Cons.

B - Hammer of Wrath
    V - PvP trinket
    C - Hand of Freedom
    J - Hand of Protection
    R - Arcane Torrent
    E - Divine Sacrifice
    G - Divine Plea
    F - Judgment Light
    X - Judgment Justice
    Q - Bubble
    shift Q - Wings also macro'd with WG ap trinket if I have it on
    shift D - Hammer of Justice
    shift F - Crusader Strike + Rocket Gloves
    shift E - Hand of Sacrifice
    shift G - Repentance
    shift V - Hand of Salvation (glyphed for damage reduction) Macro'd with Battlemaster Trinket, If I have it on.
    shift 7 - Lay on Hands

I think those are all of my relevant "solo play" binds. I also have the following for arena (mostly 3's and 2's):

shift 2 - Hand of Freedom Partner A
    alt 2 - Hand of Freedom Partner B
    shift 3 - Hand of Protection Partner A
    alt 3 Hand of Protection Partner B
    Z - Cleanse Partner A
    shift Z - Cleanse Partner B

For Buffs I have my number pad 1-3 bound as might, kings, and wisdom. Shift 1-3 on number pad is the same but for greaters.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

` = HoJ
    Shift ` = Every man for Himself(free pvp trinket)
    1 = CS
    2 = DS
    3 = JoL/JoW
    4 = Exo
    5 = FoL(Self)
    6 = FoL(ToT)
    7 = AW(trinket)
    Shift 1 = Repentance
    Shift 2 = Consecration
    Shift 3 = HoW
    Shift 4 = Cleanse(mouseover)
    Shift 5 = Salv
    Shift 6 = Sacred shield(mouseover)
    F = Divine plea
    Shift F = HoF(self)
    G = Holy Wrath
    Z = HoP
    X = Sacred shield(self)
    C = Sacred shield(ToT)
    Ctrl space = Divine shield+Divine sacrifice
    Number pad 6 = HoP+Divine shield(fight specific)
    Number pad 2,5,8 = Cleanse(tank specific)

rather basic, but it gets the job done.

1.I-Win macro
    2.FoL
    3.Cleanse
    4.Wings
    5.Bubble

I think I use the least
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyrage
    Start Of Tutorial.

Step one: You bind the first 30 Keys on ur keyboard to Divine storm The next 30 Keys to Crusader strike and the last 30 Keys too Judgement.

Step two: Put your face in the begining of the keyboard

Step Three: Roll your face around the keyboard

Result: You have now felt the power of facerolling as a retribution paladin

P.S: Dont forget bind Mouse button 3 Too this: /Cast Divine Shield /Cast Hearthstone (Just in case someone would be close to kill you) (You can exchange the Hearthstone too Holy Light if you are playing arena)

End Of Tutorial. 8)

-Bloodyrage

You made your Mouse 3 macro wrong, it should look like:

/cast Divine Shield
    /use Hearthstone
    /press ALt
    /press F4

Quote Originally Posted by azers
    does it work?

yup. stfu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    I agree with the guy above me....its fucking true lol.
    Will your raid take you seriously if you use that macro?
    Will any experienced player take you seriously if you use that macro?
    Will you gain any respect as a paladin if you use that macro?

nope. stfu.

By making this thread you're inviting all the clowns to make hilarious jokes about macros and think they are top shit for taking a shot at ret. We get it. You guys are all fucking heroes for rolling "skilled" classes like priest/shaman/whatever.

The truth is we actually use quite a few spells in arena. I suggest binding your nukes to easy buttons like 1,2,3,4,5 and everything else to keys that are near your left hand like Q,E,R,F,X,` etc. Then bind more stuff to these keys but with shift, i.e. s+1, s+Q etc.

Ideally you want moves like trinket, bubble, stun or repentance to be quickly accesible. Even though you use bubble once per arena (usually), you can't be fumbling around for the keybind at low hp or you will die. Thus, I bind mine to R. Similarly, trinket is bound to E.

I also use Clique for stuff like healing or cleansing my partner. This may or may not suit you, but it means I don't have to deselect my current target to, for example, throw off an instant AoW heal on my teammate.
    YEH WOT

does it work?

yup. stfu.
    against people like you of course...

Unless you play a shaman you mayaswell gtfo tho, because thats the only class that has any setting of complicatedness in this EZ mode game. And Paladins are less of a face roll than DK/Warlock/Priest too so get to their forum first (or have you already been there). In the priest forum you may have got a round of applause for saying /targetself /castsequence Psychic Scream, Power Word: Shield, Penance but not here, paladin is a walk in and play class, but is just as hard to play properly as any other class, as everything comes down to using escape mechanisms at the right time.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1719/...2609130212.jpg
    Simple binds, T for auto attack as default, (although opening with CS tends to start that anyway) Only macro there is for the pvp trinket - when pvp trinket isnt equipped it casts my other pve trinket.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kexmeister
    No offense, but that can hardly be called a set of keybindings.
    What else does a ret paladin need? You bind your attacks, macros, and abilities that don't require a friendly target to use (bubble). Everyone with these extensive lists of key bindings with heals bound to Alt-Shift-F9 are an absolute joke, especially ones saying OMG you need 100 key binds for PVPLOL. Binding heals to keys means you are constantly switching targets back and forth between who is being attacked and who is getting healed. What you should have is about 10 abilities bound, if even that many, and having all of your other abilities that require you to target a friendly player set up with some addons like Grid+Clique or something similar. You bind all your hand spells, heals, cleanses, sacred shield, etc to a simple click of the mouse. It is faster, you don't lose your target, and you don't have to figure out a way to twist your hand around so that you can somehow manage to hit a keybind you have set to keys that are on opposite sides of your keyboard because you ran out of different combination's to use at keybind number 358.

Agreed. Everything I need is 1-5, shift 1-5, my f keys, e and q, and the tilda key.

Pretty much it.

No Keybinds, just faceroll for me.

I hate to admit it, but I am guilty of using the mousewheel macros. Now yes, I have checked it, and I do pump out about the same dps as I did when I was actually doing the attacks by hand. On the other hand, it's also true i cant just mousewheel my way to winning. I also have "smart cast" FoL, HL, Cleanse, and LoH macros bound to other keys on my hotbar, and im learning to use them right. Sidenote...if you DO use the mousewheel macros, add Divine Plea to the castrandom queue...that macro will chew thru your mana otherwise. So yes, while a ret pallie CAN bind most of his DPS abilities to the mousewheel macro, you will fail as a retadin if that's all you rely on.

I'm still learning the best way to mind/macro my abilities and such, so please test any claims i make here to see if theyre right. I do bind certain DPS abilities to their own slot in case i need to make sure i can use them when i need to. Consecrate is a good example. I'm thinking of removing it from the mousewheel macro because on movement-intensive fights, the last thing i want is to leave cons where nothing's going to step in it...or worse, where something we don't want near the group might step in it. I also intend to keep Exo and Judge in the macro, but bound to their own keys as well, so that if a boss starts flinging me around (similar to Telestra in Nexus) or puts a gap between itself and the melee, I can still fire off damage at range while closing that gap.

The main strength of the mousewheel macro is that it frees up a lot of space for me on my "1 through =" bar for abilities i need to use fast like bubble, cleanse, or LoH. Basically it keeps me from having to watch my cooldowns spin around and lets me focus on other stuff i can do to aid the group or myself.

Wow i think my textwall just crit the room for 9999 damage lol

Me likes the button T, so i have a macro that either makes me eat Conjured Mana Strudel or
    cast Exorcism when i hit T, if im in combat i can´t eat so it casts Exorcism... and if im about to
    eat those yummy strudels, im making sure i sit 30 yards or more from the mob im going
    for next, or else i pull it when i eat... it could add some excitement at first in raids

I think Mr. T would approve.

A button i don´t like as much is the button R, hitting it while im killing something usually sends strange
    messages coded in "wwq12345dsqqWWW123..etc"-style to the person i last got a whisper from.

No one of you guys have a mouse with extra buttons? That makes evrything much easier
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

A4TECH's X7G100 and Steelseries' wow mouse.

5 - CS
    6 - Judgement
    7 - Exorcism (PvE) / Stun (PvP)
    8 - Hammer of Wrath
    9 - Sacred Shield
    ' - Stun
    ¡ - Wings*
    1- Divine Storm
    2 - Consecration
    3 - FoL
    4 - Cleanse
    T - Divine Plea*
    B - Repetance
    O - Gift of the Naaru*
    Q, W, E, A, S, D, mousebuttons - Movement Keys
    Diverse mousebuttons - Autorun, Divine Shield, Salvation*, Hand of Sacrifice*, Lay on Hands*
    Rest of functions (interface pannels, map, gear sets, etc), ventrilo speech key & "dark ventrilo keys" and abilities (Seals, consumables, mount macro) - Bound to lower keys and Opie circles in the middle section.

* (Redundant on Opie Circles)

I click both Divine Sacrifice and Hand of Protection, you can figure why TT

Some of all those abilities, though, are macros, not only "drag&drop" from the spellbook.

Autocast is on, however is bound to the Alt key aswell.

The reason why I don't use "Shift+shit" style binds is because, with my old regular keyboard, my girly hands simply couldn't press them both without a luxation, and I got used to it xD

Seriously, i do perfectly fine clicking all my damn abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    Excuse me, can you tell me if this loincloth smell like chloroform?
    Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    Goblins are green gnomes? Not quite. When you punt a gnome, everyone has a good laugh. When you punt a goblin, everything in a 30-mile radius is incinerated.

does it work?

yup. stfu.
    nope. would literally assure you never got a white off as of 3.2

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

I click, fear me.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Lachadian
    Seriously, i do perfectly fine in the 1500s clicking all my damn abilities.