Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: paladin gems

Quote Originally Posted by heartledger

Im assuming you never go under 70% mana because you're spamming Flash of Light which isnt really effective at all in later Ulduar and Hard modes. If you were just doing Razorscale by all means flash your heart out, but later on in Ulduar you're going to be near useless using flash of light and without the int gems and mana regen from replenishment and illumination you're going to find yourself dry a lot
    euh well we killed all the boss's except yogg saron and algalon 10 man...and i have a couple of achievement of hardmode so idont know what ur talking about)
    So you havent killed any of the hard hitting bosses in 25man (Or algalon 10man)

I could spam fol all day long in 10man doing hardmodes (Apart from algalon) and have no problems. When I step into 25 even XT hard hits hard enough to make me spam HL

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelstraza
    Sacred shield is not as good as its made out to be...
    You're an idiot.

Re: Best holy paladin gems

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa
    In 3.1 , i was mostly INT.

In 3.2, I see it like this:

Yellow - JWC int
    Blue - int+mp5(cause it wont be so useless
    Red - Int + SP (cause ill need some since i plan to keep two int-only trinkets, so basic SP is kinda low)

This will solve the metagem, ill have all socket bonuses and everything without loosing int. +Two int trinkets, pandoras plea/meteorite crystal/new badge one
    i disagree.
    You stack Int Gems and get a Nightmare's Tear to solve your meta gems . I still think Int trumps Mp5 by a long way even if they buff it >.>. Its just Int scales and Mp5 will never scale until they change Illum to something similar to Holy Concertration in the Holy Priest Tree.

Sacred Shield isn't that great unless you are a spell power build but hey a 2.3k absorb is a 2.3k absorb, I'd always put Sacred Shield on my tank. Always. Only kind of premptive heal a paladin has.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Quote Originally Posted by Xern
    So you havent killed any of the hard hitting bosses in 25man (Or algalon 10man)

I could spam fol all day long in 10man doing hardmodes (Apart from algalon) and have no problems. When I step into 25 even XT hard hits hard enough to make me spam HL

Solo healing? No priests shielding, earth shields nor hots? If you still have 70% mana left, just tell other healers to never worry about the tank, if you can do it by yourself. I already healed XT 25hard using flash as a main heal, but on the enxt week I tried with holy lights and it was smoothier.

Quote Originally Posted by heartledger
    i have like 21k mana unbuffed and inever go under 70% of my mana in intense fight of ulduar ...i alwasy use trinkets /cds etc so i think spellpower gems will be rly good with 4 peice t8 bonus and ssacred shield
    Then ur healing very carefull,

i stopped playing my pally, but i had 27k unbuffed, and still i managed to get mine below 20%, with usage of every cd

Quote Originally Posted by Emodin
    Couldnt disagree more. I am a FoL spammer and have done every fight in Ulduar ( except Algalon) i have absolutley no issues healing. We use two pallies both of us spam FoL and a druid (sometimes) on the main tank. We have never wiped to a boss where casting Holy Light would have made a difference. If you look at the numbers i can cast 2 FoL heal for the same amount as Holy Light . use 1/2 the mana and its takes about 1/2 a second longer. I have about 24k mana in raid and rarely drop below 50%. I have no int or crit gems all spellpower. The difference between FoL and HL is preference.
    Are we talking 10 or 25 here, how many healers you running with. For example we worked on thorim hard this week (didnt kill him due to shitty attendance). There are 2 healers on the tank, both pallies, no other healer heals the tank except some random aoe, all the other healers are basically full time raid healing. Me and the other holy pally essentially spam cast HL from 4 stacks until the end of the fight just to keep the tank up.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=2842&e=3291

Here is one attempt, from the part of phase 2 until we wipe the maintank, osogrande is taking between 5-10k damage per second with a few bigger spikes. That means each healer has to pull around 3-4k HPS on the tank with the other random healing filling in the rest. Just to match the incoming dmg, that doesnt give you enough to retop him off after a spike.

The goal in group comp is to bring the bare minimum healers, if your spamming flash of light your hurting your raid comp since you are not pushing out absolute max healing.

I doubt you could heal all of Ulduar in HM with FoL in 25 man besides maybe yogg

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Solo healing? No priests shielding, earth shields nor hots? If you still have 70% mana left, just tell other healers to never worry about the tank, if you can do it by yourself. I already healed XT 25hard using flash as a main heal, but on the enxt week I tried with holy lights and it was smoothier.

? I wasnt defending FoL healing , infact I despise fol spammers because they dont play the class to its full limits (HL instead of FoL). What I meant is that I can spam FoL in 10mans and survive pretty much all hardmodes without any troubles (Apart from algalon) , but in 25man Ill have to use HL. Its almost stupid how people that defend FoL have never stepped into 25

Neither did I say i have 70% mana left , that was a different person

this is one of those stupid questions that nobody should answer differently.

int gems are most important. now, strength is most important for ret, but u still need hit/exp from time to time depending on gear. same with pallies.

int is most important. but crit, haste, sp are too, and i never see why a pally would gem for mp5 so that's not even going in a list.

Pallys gem for haste now?
    The only pally i'd say that'd gem for haste is the people using 28/43
    Holy Pallys shouldn't gem for haste but use a trinket for haste if they have 300 haste rating or lower.
    If you have 300+, you don't need a haste trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp
    Pallys gem for haste now?
    The only pally i'd say that'd gem for haste is the people using 28/43
    Holy Pallys shouldn't gem for haste but use a trinket for haste if they have 300 haste rating or lower.
    If you have 300+, you don't need a haste trinket.
    again in a week or 2 have fun changing all your gear.

But seriously? Why gem for haste when you are 400 haste and like 200 off the haste cap >.>
    Seems totally counter productive to me.
    And you better have fun switching your gear, i already done mine lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Emodin
    Couldnt disagree more. I am a FoL spammer and have done every fight in Ulduar ( except Algalon) i have absolutley no issues healing. We use two pallies both of us spam FoL and a druid (sometimes) on the main tank. We have never wiped to a boss where casting Holy Light would have made a difference. If you look at the numbers i can cast 2 FoL heal for the same amount as Holy Light . use 1/2 the mana and its takes about 1/2 a second longer. I have about 24k mana in raid and rarely drop below 50%. I have no int or crit gems all spellpower. The difference between FoL and HL is preference.
    Please don't spread this mess around. There are kids reading this stuff that actually need help, and you telling them to do this only hurts their raids.

His guild has to use 3 MT healers because he FoL spams. Our guild uses 2 MT healers in hard modes. and guess what, if i FoL spam.. he dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick