DK + Disci 2v2 Help session #2

Ok, now, i think a week has passed between my first post on this topic and my second; however here i am again, looking for help for my UH DK and Disci Priest 2v2 setup. (sidenote: after around a week we stan at 1352 (yesterday we were at 1450 omg )

Problems/setups we fail at or are pretty screwed against are:

1. Mage/rogue : what the hell do i do? trinket the sap? dont trinket it and watch my healer die? trinket it, silence the mage, Dg the rogue and then eat a sheep and watch my healer die?

2. rogue/shaman i get sapped/hexed and then watch the shaman and rogue gib my healer thanks to lavaburst... (after throwing out silences, ghoulstuns asf)

3. warriors in general: im pulling, CoIing and so forth, but my healer is still having trouble dealing with em; what to do?

help is greatly appreciated

PS:
    armorys

healer:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...erenolde&n=Lir

me:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nolde&n=Ulrick

Re: DK + Disci 2v2 Help session #2

no one?

get a resto druid partner

Get priest that aint gonna get 2hitted

so, all you guys are saying is that my priest is bad?

Armory link could possibly help :P

or meh, just stick with him/her... had 22min fight agaisnt resto druid´+ retardin as blood dk + prot/holy pally

15+ Year Old Account

Speaking as a Disc priest (2200 3's), I've never had a DK 2's partner that worked out very well. For whatever reason disc/rogue or disc/ret or even disc/mage seems to work out better for me than disc/dk.

As a DK my suggestion is find a different healer - we just don't work - Holy/Unholy still seems very strong this season, as does Frost/Druid.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

well that certainly sucks balls for me, because ;

1. i really like him as a person and

2. i dont know a good druid / holy pally , and trade channel doesnt seem to be a good choice....

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl
    get a resto druid partner

How much resilience does your priest friend have? It takes quite a fair amount of resilience to keep from getting insta-gibbed as a priest.

Does your priest friend start the fight with PW:S and PoM already on him? If not, that may be why he's getting killed so fast.

Your priest should be able to survive against a warrior for a while, assuming the warrior's not bladestorming. If a warrior pops sweeping strikes before bladestorm standing next to the priest may make him take more damage (in addition to him needing to heal you for more later).

First really quick, your priest needs to have about 800-900 resilience before rogues become moderately laughable to us. I never find myself being killed by a rogue, and if the shaman's helping, eh 4-5k more damage isn't all that bad.

If the shaman is hexing you before you use your trinket he's fail. Its like a 40 second cooldown and you should trinket it.

Sheep should not be a problem, because if your priest is worth anything he will immediately dispel it. And if your priest can't live while your sapped, its gg anyways. Your best bet with sap is run in as fast as possible and get in combat.

Warriors... do everything in your power to let your priest get away from the warrior. that means chains, deathgrip, everything. If the priest can't get away from the warrior, he needs to do everything in his power to STAY in melee range so he can't charge and stun.

Priest healers need to start the fight with a shield, pom, and renew on them. that like, guarantees that he can live through a rogue's burst if he's any good. Also be sure he's not using his trinket until kidney shot.

Few other things.

Have your priest try out the following:
    Have him drop Grace for Divine Aegis. More absorbed the better.
    Drop glyph of power word shield and get inner fire. The extra armor is nice against rogues.

Sounds like its not you that's having issues surviving, it's the priest. A few things that i find really useful when there's a rogue is try and dispel the other team mate's as fast as possible. it gets you in combat and you can't be sapped. When a rogue opens up on you for the first time, pop pain suppression. you're almost guaranteed to live. Trinket after the annoying kidney shot and throw another prayer of mending and bubble on yourself.

You can also help the priest out by sending your ghoul on the rogue and stunning him immediately so the priest has time to refresh bubble/renew/get away.

When facing shamans, kill tremor totems and mana stream/mana tide totems. if the priest can live through the initial burst, half the fight is won.

Never trinket a sap. if you have to in order to save someone, you're already dead. Save trinket for either Blind or hex.

Another thing i personally found useful when dealing with warriors on my disc priest, is when they start bladestorm, i have my partner run towards me and just prayer of mending. it will outheal the bladestorm on both of us with 1 cooldown and the priest can focus on other things.

thanks A LOT for the great input you 2 , the rest were either trolling or didnt check my edit;

about the rogue + ghoulstun, already doing that;

nope, im not having probelms staying alive (soloed 2 rogues once after the priest died, lol? )

but thanks a lot for the input.

greetings, and hopefully i will have 1850 (at least) in around 2 weeks

I am not a pro priest, but my partner is a DK we hit 1900(we could do better, we have bad comunication ), but i can give you a few pointers.

1) Lichborn when there is a rogue on the other team (you cannot be sapped)
    2) tell your priest to almost never get below 60% health with warrior around (bladestorm inc) he will dies with no PS
    3) if he is getting focused keep any class that can dispel away (shamans / priest ) they will remove his bubbles and hot, while the other DPS is beating on him, he will die quick if he is getting dispelled.
    4) when a warrior is bladestorming my DK grips him off me.
    5) priest at 1700+ rating play very offencive, you cant play the mana game vs droods/paladins they will always win, your priest need to be helping all the time DPSing mana burning dotting ect...
    6) tell your priest to duel duel duel, rogue/warriors the only way to learn how to surrvive.
    7) he needs 950 res and 2K healing thats his first goal.
    8 ) get addons that help with enemey CDs kick/pumle and his weakend soul debuff.
    9) play on vent without push to talk, comunication is the key with this comp, tell him when you about to burst, so he can help you. Silence + goul stun + fear is a great combo if you can time it right .

spam the pet-attack button, to send the pet to attack the visible target and you wont be able to get sapped.
    annoy the mage, chains on him, blood plague and let it tick, switch on the rogue, petstun, deathgrip, anything that will keep him away from your discpriest.
    set up amZ for your mate to help him survive the double dps comps.
    its all about timing+positioning, when+where to use your cd's, offensive, defensive for you+your healer.
    especially vs rogues you can pump out everything youve got in the first minute, cause its unlikely that youll enter a 2mins match on that rating.
    so get out your garg, put full pressure on a target, annoy the mage with pstun strangulate deathgrip ams chains etc pp as well as the rogue.
    same goes for warri/healer.
    maybe 15-53-3 is an viable option, nice cc due chillblains, and hungering cold, but depends on your playstyle imo.
    very helpful macro:
    /cast !runestrike
    /cast death coil

Quote Originally Posted by elcher
    Ok, now, i think a week has passed between my first post on this topic and my second; however here i am again, looking for help for my UH DK and Disci Priest 2v2 setup. (sidenote: after around a week we stan at 1352 (yesterday we were at 1450 omg )

Problems/setups we fail at or are pretty screwed against are:

1. Mage/rogue : what the hell do i do? trinket the sap? dont trinket it and watch my healer die? trinket it, silence the mage, Dg the rogue and then eat a sheep and watch my healer die?

2. rogue/shaman i get sapped/hexed and then watch the shaman and rogue gib my healer thanks to lavaburst... (after throwing out silences, ghoulstuns asf)

3. warriors in general: im pulling, CoIing and so forth, but my healer is still having trouble dealing with em; what to do?

help is greatly appreciated

PS:
    armorys

healer:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...erenolde&n=Lir

me:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nolde&n=Ulrick
    VS mage rogue, run out in lichborne to avoid saps, get in combat, when rogue pops DG/CoI him, have your priest LoS mage, kill rogue...win?

Uh well there are not that many rogue/shaman higher up in rating (2200+ in my bg), and if so they are almost always deep combat, have you priest keep shields up renew, hit tremor totems, try and fear shaman + rogue, kill rogue, don't have your pet sit on shaman, that will just feed his mana, make him heal by pressuring rogue.... win?

VS warriors...I have no idea how he would have trouble, just DG and CoI spam him, most wars are paired with druids, but the occasional pally you see, it can be tougher, have your priest apply SW:Pain for the pally to have a harder time to dispell it.

DK/Priest can work very well, but your guys gear looks bad, so that could be your main problem.

Priests are by far the most fragile healer vs melee teams. And since 2v2 is almost entirely melee+healer, any priest team is going to have a harder time than other healers.

I played some priest+dk this weekend on my priest and had a hell of a time against warrior teams.

Here was our basic strategy:

Whenever the dps is on the priest, play defensively and do everything you can to help your priest live (basicaly CoI spam). Then when psychic scream is up use death grip on the healer to pull him on top of your priest so that he can fear both targets. Then unload all your damage into the dps.

Try and get them to pop trinkets and cooldowns and such the first couple times you do this, and then when the healer's trinket is down the next fear pop gargolye and use strangulate after the fear and have your priest assist on dps.

This didn't work against warrior teams at all...but it worked ok against everything else.

I'm having the same problem, my dk is pretty exp guy and i started arena like 4-5 days ago. My res is around 930 now and I dont have much problems to stay alive with warrior and paladin. However if I have a combo rogue + mage im almost in 100% dead. My Dk always goes at rogue but the problem is, i'm stuned, if im stuned then i'm frozen of i will trinket out, then im silenced and dead.

My DK telling me to stay ouf of the sight but thats mostly impossible cos my DK is charging to get into the combat to not get sapped, then when he is into the combat i'm trying to unsheep him and thats the time when rogue is on me, ofc i'm starting with PoM, renew and shield on me all the time. I have pain suppression ready and i'm dead even I'm gonna use it.

My dk is telling me its my fault cos I should be out of the sight when mage is coming but how i can move with all those stupid poisons on me and yea i was easy target cos I wanted to dispel DK who was sheeped.

I dont have much problems with drood + war combos, when my DK is always on warrior I'm trying to drain/dispel all hots + when he pop up the innervate dispel it asap. If you will dispel it in correct time its most time a win when drood is oom get ur DK pop up all cd and rush on drood + you dps + dispels his hots.

the biggest problem what we have are shammy + lock or drood + lock, priest + lock. Lock in can do many CCs + drood can cyclone. I think we never won against that team.

My DK cant kill shammy alone tho cos shammy can easily heal himself and the only one option for me is drain him + dispel water shield - my dispels costs a lot and when I dispels he put the shiled again and again and again...

any ideas? Maybe i should find just pure awesome rogue for me instead DK? Maybe its just me playing uncorreclty my priest I'm trying my best but DK is getting annoyed that i cant survive one dps (rogue) for a long time.

lichborne the sap get in combat with the mage rape the rogue

do not spec amz unless you're with a ridiculously squishy healer (shaman, anyone?)

against any rogue+healer team sit on the rogue so he can never, ever get to your healer. sprint +clos? deathgrip him back.
    when you have a good opportunity where the enemy wont be able to easily get to your priest, have him full heal, shield and renew you and run away and drink while you spam chains on both of them at the same time. this is how you beat other melee.
    you'll have to reserve 1-2 defensive cooldowns for this (but theyre on a short cooldown) cause good ones will just mind blast/w/e +rogue cooldowns when they see your healer try this

the above sit on the dps strat doesn't work against warriors+healers. you're gonna have to try your best to keep him off you while you sit on the pally.
    if hes prot, keep diseases on both of them (and priest dots on the warrior) and swap targets while the pally is feared and then silenced
    if he's holy you're just going to have to try and burst him down with your priest helping out with burst.
    warriors rape priests, so if hes stuck on your healer, you have to chains spam him while your priest pillar humps (he has to not get hit once after this or the warrior will be back on him)

you're never going to see shaman rogue at higher ratings so just dont worry about that (until next patch lol). those 2 will rape a priest in a single stun if you're cc'd. but again, just sit on the rogue and ignore the shaman unless he tries to drink. your pet will just feed him mana the entire match btw
    or if you're geared enough and heroism is off: gib the shaman

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by pitoq
    My dk is telling me its my fault cos I should be out of the sight when mage is coming but how i can move with all those stupid poisons on me and yea i was easy target cos I wanted to dispel DK who was sheeped.
    Your DK can take care of a lot of sheeps on his own. He can AMS or strangulate the first couple polymorphs so that you can stay hidden from the mage.

Games vs Rogue+Mage are often decided in the first 30 seconds of the match. So don't be afraid of using every cooldown you have very early, if you're able to survive their initial burst you're usually in pretty good shape.

The only time you should be in line of sight of the mage is if the rogue is not on you (he's feared, death gripped away, or whatever). As soon as you're in line of sight of the mage you're going to get a full kidney shot and 1-2 frostbolts are all it takes to kill you.