3.2 weapon choice in pvp

Hello.

Im kinda curious on what people think of the changes that happens in 3.2 and how that will effect our weapon choise.

I mean at the moment many have axe and some have mace. In 3.2 they will buff resi will that make mace better? and also many more players will focus 3v3 with the 2v2 changes.

What weapon are you aiming for?

personally i think im going to try mace, have my axe at the moment and allways wanted to try mace.

Re: 3.2 weapon choice in pvp

I'd probably go for the sword, it might not be the best. But i love that extra attack

If you have some amout of PvE gear with ArP and are JC/BS you can have a ton of success stacking ArP and ripping through DK's and Holy pallies like paper.

Balls Deep!!

Axe penetrates resi so saying that mace is better next pach has some hidden lojik in it that i don't understand...
    Death Kningts are like tampons every pussy needs one.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoWarrior
    Axe penetrates resi so saying that mace is better next pach has some hidden lojik in it that i don't understand...
    I agree... lol

I get pissed off when people say "axe isnt as good in pvp because it increases ur crit, and resil nulls it"

Are players really that moronic, seriously. An extra chance to crit is an extra chance to crit, period.

After 3.2 lets say everyone has a default value of 700 resil.. or warriors at least.. both axe and mace will have reduced damage on target due to resil...

the player will have a 10% chance reduced chance of recieving a critical strike from another player, if the attacking player is axe spec.. the recieving player now has a 5% reduced chance of recieving a critical strike essentially

Quote Originally Posted by Avestheman
    If you have some amout of PvE gear with ArP and are JC/BS you can have a ton of success stacking ArP and ripping through DK's and Holy pallies like paper.
    This if you got the PvE stuff (which i can't get :'( )
    and Axe if you go full PvP Gear with Str gems

resilience realy doesnt get buffed. it gets nerfed.

you need 15% more resilience then you need on live to have the same effect.

if you have 800 resilience, you have ~10% less chance to get crit and get ~23% less damage when get crit.
    with 3.2 you need 960 resilience to have the same effect. only other thing different is that you also will ~10% less damage on non crits.

since the crits are what makes up the burst, and you will get more damage now when critted it is a nerf. its also a buff to healers.

well, i would go for axes in pvp. it increases the chance to crit and crit damage.

I am mixing a select few piece of PvE gear with my PvP gear. Can maintain 700+ resil and (according to Landsoul) hover at 51% ArP with Mace spec [not including my grim toll]

we already will hit clothies pretty freekin hard (and they're affected by ArP too to an extent) so it's just how i am personally gonna roll

Balls Deep!!

Quote Originally Posted by mordrac
    resilience realy doesnt get buffed. it gets nerfed.

you need 15% more resilience then you need on live to have the same effect.

if you have 800 resilience, you have ~10% less chance to get crit and get ~23% less damage when get crit.
    with 3.2 you need 960 resilience to have the same effect. only other thing different is that you also will ~10% less damage on non crits.

since the crits are what makes up the burst, and you will get more damage now when critted it is a nerf. its also a buff to healers.

well, i would go for axes in pvp. it increases the chance to crit and crit damage.
    It stops up to a max of 15% from all DMG, that means bleeds, white, yellow, green whatever color hit. Fully maxed out resil and high armor can now stop close to 60% of all incoming dmg. Against another plate class you'll hit for squat. Also the resil and lower dmg will help clothies live longer b/c now their shields and everything else they use to absorb dmg will now also take less dmg.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.