Thread: Dispell order

Dispell order

So I've been a little frustrated lately when facing mages. I know that the philosophy behind mage pvp is kite, kite, and kite...and I get that. But at least let me get a couple hits in. The obvious problems in regards to mages is being slowed from frost armor, frostbolt, and getting hit with novas and deepfreeze constantly. To add insult to injury they can spellsteal our HoF and I believe sacred shield as well.

I'm not asking for any nerfs to mages, all I'd like to see is a switch in the dispel order when it comes to Winter's Chill. The talent stacks 5 times on us and we have to dispel it 5 times (just like a rogues wound poison used to be) in order to dispel whatever movement slowing effect is on us. You could argue that it would make it easy for us to just keep dispelling but for one that uses GCD's (a lot), uses mana (a lot), and even still poly and deepfreeze can't be dispelled by our own cleanse.

I'm not asking by any stretch that mages be nerfed or that we be allowed to faceroll them, just something to ease the pain. Even warriors have Intercept...but I'm not going to get into that.

They are they only class that has 4 different slows and can spellsteal our main gap closer. Just make the dispel on the slow a priority is all I'm saying. Agree? Disagree?

Re: Dispell order

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    It's completely random. I too am becoming frustrated to find that even with Stoicism, a mage (or any class with a dispell) has little trouble removing my Righteous Fury, Blessing of Sanctuary, and usually, they take my Sacred Shield too.
    And I get frustrated when I don't get your HoF :<

15+ Year Old Account

spellsteal also is random. they also can steal BoM, or some other random buff you use.

about RF, i heard it will become the same as aura's we have. so also no manacost when using it.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    spellsteal also is random. they also can steal BoM, or some other random buff you use.

about RF, i heard it will become the same as aura's we have. so also no manacost when using it.
    I thought so too, I had discussed it in my blog. Got the bad news that it cost a lot still once I logged on the PTR, last I checked it still cost close to a fifth of your mana (as ret). However, it lasts until removed or death, a free and spammable 6% damage reduction would have probably been nerfed anyway had it gone live (Imp RF)
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

yeh... pretty sure the randomness of the dispel works both ways so for if you're going to argue you should be able to cleanse the slow shit off first then mages should get priority on BoF, DP, then SS. hopefully this helps you understand how ridiculous your request seems to a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by apokteino
    yeh... pretty sure the randomness of the dispel works both ways so for if you're going to argue you should be able to cleanse the slow shit off first then mages should get priority on BoF, DP, then SS. hopefully this helps you understand how ridiculous your request seems to a mage.
    Greetings, fellow Mage. Have you heard the good word?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwEfEXdUyS0
    Now I'm not saying that's how every fight goes, or that WoW should be balanced around 1v1, or that Mages are overpowered when they have endless amounts of kiting room, or am I even trying to imply that the duel was perfectly played by both parties.

What I AM saying, is, as Paladins are the only Melee without any true (untalented) snare or root (stuns are different, Mages know this), they are the only class that this can happen to. Complaining about their defenses, while pretending you have none of your own is ignorant.

It doesn't matter if the big mean Crusader Strike crits you for 100,000 damage. If the Paladin never has a window in which to cast it, it isn't a factor.

PS: My Arcane Mage can do the same thing, only better. I feel bad eventually, but it sure is funny. If he stops to Holy Light, he eats 5000 damage worth of Arcane Missiles and an 8 second school lockout before his cast finishes.

@ Chronalis....Honestly, I don't really like the idea of offensive dispelling being removed. Yes, it's annoying, but it gives another valuable tool to classes. It makes the classes unique in their own way. All be it, prot doesn't need that >< That irritates me to no end with that shield bash glyph or w/e. The lock one is on a timer, in which most of the time they save for themselves for your hammer, or avenger's shield silence. I don't think the priest one should take off two, one would be fine. All in all, I like it, it makes things unique. Take it away and they lose a lot of their unique utility, it's like taking our utility spells like HoP, or Freedom away.

i reapply all my buffs as soon as theyre gone except fury.

dont take my freedom kk

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Blizzard said not so long ago they were considering just allowing defensive/friendly dispells (and giving the tools to all classes that can do that) and not allowing offensive dispells.
    That would seriously break Discipline Priest for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji1987
    That would seriously break Discipline Priest for me.
    ^
    That's what I'm talking about, it's one reason I preferred playing with a priest in 2v. If they didn't have that, I'd just grab a druid.

Priests are all about being offensive, Mana Burn is allready quite useless and without offensive dispelling that would mean that any healer might as well replace a Priest. We would offer nothing game breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji1987
    Priests are all about being offensive, Mana Burn is allready quite useless and without offensive dispelling that would mean that any healer might as well replace a Priest. We would offer nothing game breaking.
    mind blast swdeath dots and reflective shield

oh. and fear.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Greetings, fellow Mage. Have you heard the good word?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwEfEXdUyS0
    They cant be a pure ret....they are judging from a pretty good distance(could be just lag or something but it looks further than 10yrds...) which is a DEEP HOLY talent, but they also have Vengeance, so....WTF is actually going on there?

And honestly isn't the mage spamming like 2 buttons as well?&#160; Icelance/Spacebar :P
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    They cant be a pure ret....they are judging from a pretty good distance which is a DEEP HOLY talent, but they also have Vengeance, so....WTF is actually going on there?
    They have Divine Storm, they're full Ret. The distance of a Holy-talented Judgment is like 30 or 40 yards.

My guess is it's just a bit of latency that is making the Paladin look further away. It is the PTR after all, of course the same thing happens to Paladins on Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    They have Divine Storm, they're full Ret. The distance of a Holy-talented Judgment is like 30 or 40 yards.

My guess is it's just a bit of latency that is making the Paladin look further away. It is the PTR after all, of course the same thing happens to Paladins on Live.
    Probably is lag just making it look that way. That's why i was confused. The video is obviously a setup though considering the mage just does nothing but Ice Lance and jump around like a moron XD
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    Probably is lag just making it look that way. That's why i was confused. The video is obviously a setup though considering the mage just does nothing but Ice Lance and jump around like a moron XD
    Actually, the Mage admits to just being an ass who wanted to mess with people. Specifically, people who are kitable.

15+ Year Old Account

I think what they plan to do is make "baseline buffs" i.e., AB, Fort, Blessing, etc all non-dispelable, and all "minor" buffs, i.e. HoF, Mana Shield, Sacred shield all subject to disepl/purge/Spellstealing.