Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: DK/Druid - The pinnacle of skill

One of the worst trends this year (or has it been much longer already?):
    Declaring something "fails"
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

thread is utter fail
    ??? ??? ??? ???
    1800 pvp aka battleground roflcart tactics was bad

8)

Now I cant remember where I read this, but the tactic I found sounds kind of good against this combo, although I never tried it yet (but will). First I suppose you are running standart muti/prep specc. Second - you need to have second OH with DP on, so when you see that combo, to swap OH from dual WP/WP to WP/DP.
    This is the idea (again I havent tried it yet but sounds good):
    You will need WP on MH and DP on OH.
    You both need to play very offensive
    The assumption is made that the druid starts on tree form immediately to prevent sap.
    1.You open on the DK with CS
    2.Then you do KS and keep dps-ing (it helps alot to aply DP with shiv, so the druid find it hard to dispel your WP and CP)
    3. Dismantel immediately after KS (usually DKs dont have titanium weapon chain on the weapon, but even if they do - 5 sec disarm is alot).
    Meanwhile while you do 1, 2 and 3 your priest may use the time to dispel hots on the DK and start mana draining. Your priest always needs to be between the you/the DK (you will be close to eachother anyway) and the druid, so the druid will need to kite to prevent mana draining. With the dispel on the hot from the priest and with the WP on the DK, druid will has to heal more.

When dismantel is over, try to reset the fight by CoS (if you have dots or the priest havent dispelled them/vanish. During that time the druid should have much less mana than your priest. Your priest needs to stay alert to dispel Innervate.

Try to repeat this until the druid is omm. WHen the DK is nuking you hard evasion helps alot and with sprint (and kiting behind pillar) should give you time to escape from the DK and allow you to restart the fight.

The idea of using DP in the OH is because of MP your DP stack has 30% chance of dispel resist. With a stack of 5 DP, WP and CP, it will be almost impossible for the druid to dispel CP and your priest should be able to run around freely (well... DG is alway a problem but you need to learn to deal with it).

If the DK uses his trinket while CS or KS, simply wait for the DP to finish and put him in blind/sap/fear cc. While that time you will be able to do big preasure on the druid, which if doesnt end in kill of the druid, then he/she will be almost omm.

Do do this tactic you need to play offensive and do your timing right to avoid as much dmg from the DK as possible. This will allow your priest to play more offensive on the druid and on the DK.

It is hard to accomplish but still worth to try.

(please excuse my english. I hope I made my post clear)
    Hope that helped

One more thing, here is a nice clip of rogue/priest combo in high rated arena fights.
    There is 1 fight against DK/druid. They doesnt use the tactic I describet, but somehow the priest managed to survive long enough the DK while the rogue nuke the druid (dont know how he did it - the film is made from rogue pov). Anyway, the film has some nice tips and I am sure you will enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by A.S.D.
    Now I cant remember where I read this, but the tactic I found sounds kind of good against this combo, although I never tried it yet (but will). First I suppose you are running standart muti/prep specc. Second - you need to have second OH with DP on, so when you see that combo, to swap OH from dual WP/WP to WP/DP.
    The assumption is made that the druid starts on tree form immediately to prevent sap.
    2.Then you do KS and keep dps-ing (it helps alot to aply DP with shiv, so the druid find it hard to dispel your WP and CP)
    3. Dismantel immediately after KS (usually DKs dont have titanium weapon chain on the weapon, but even if they do - 5 sec disarm is alot).
    Meanwhile while you do 1, 2 and 3 your priest may use the time to dispel hots on the DK and start mana draining. Your priest always needs to be between the you/the DK (you will be close to eachother anyway) and the druid, so the druid will need to kite to prevent mana draining. With the dispel on the hot from the priest and with the WP on the DK, druid will has to heal more.

When dismantel is over, try to reset the fight by CoS (if you have dots or the priest havent dispelled them/vanish. During that time the druid should have much less mana than your priest. Your priest needs to stay alert to dispel Innervate.

Try to repeat this until the druid is omm. WHen the DK is nuking you hard evasion helps alot and with sprint (and kiting behind pillar) should give you time to escape from the DK and allow you to restart the fight.

The idea of using DP in the OH is because of MP your DP stack has 30% chance of dispel resist. With a stack of 5 DP, WP and CP, it will be almost impossible for the druid to dispel CP and your priest should be able to run around freely (well... DG is alway a problem but you need to learn to deal with it).

If the DK uses his trinket while CS or KS, simply wait for the DP to finish and put him in blind/sap/fear cc. While that time you will be able to do big preasure on the druid, which if doesnt end in kill of the druid, then he/she will be almost omm.

Do do this tactic you need to play offensive and do your timing right to avoid as much dmg from the DK as possible. This will allow your priest to play more offensive on the druid and on the DK.

Hope that helped
    My main is a Disc Priest. It competes at the 2400+ level with a Rogue. I can assure you this strategy does not work.

Casting Mana Burn on a Druid at all = lose, there's absolutely no benefit from it. Especially because the DK can swap into back pedal / Chains of Ice spam mode to prevent all damage while the Druid drinks, assuming it does somehow run low on mana.

There's also no chance of a Rogue killing a Death Knight through HoTs (even with the Priest spamming dispels) without majority T8+ gear. In which case it will be absolutely blown up by the DK, since some genius decided it would be super cool to make their damage unavoidable and unmitigated.

Pretty much the only chance of winning is catching the Druid in caster form (good Druids don't leave tree form, which should be a sign that something is really wrong with PvP) or somehow dragging the DK behind a pillar with less than 50% health and no HoTs.
    Which is extremely unrealistic and completely inexcusable on the DK's part and should absolutely never happen past the 1600 bracket.

p.s. if Innervate is dispelled, the Druid is horrible or there was some amazingly good RNG at work. In most cases, spam dispelling Innervate won't take it off before it runs it's full duration.

One more thing, here is a nice clip of rogue/priest combo in high rated arena fights.
    There is 1 fight against DK/druid. They doesnt use the tactic I describet, but somehow the priest managed to survive long enough the DK while the rogue nuke the druid (dont know how he did it - the film is made from rogue pov). Anyway, the film has some nice tips and I am sure you will enjoy it.
    Am I blind here or did you forget the link? :P

Am I blind here or did you forget the link?
    ^ ops, sorry about that.

Here it is ...
    http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=117935

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    My main is a Disc Priest. It competes at the 2400+ level with a Rogue. I can assure you this strategy does not work.

Casting Mana Burn on a Druid at all = lose, there's absolutely no benefit from it. Especially because the DK can swap into back pedal / Chains of Ice spam mode to prevent all damage while the Druid drinks, assuming it does somehow run low on mana.

There's also no chance of a Rogue killing a Death Knight through HoTs (even with the Priest spamming dispels) without majority T8+ gear. In which case it will be absolutely blown up by the DK, since some genius decided it would be super cool to make their damage unavoidable and unmitigated.

Pretty much the only chance of winning is catching the Druid in caster form (good Druids don't leave tree form, which should be a sign that something is really wrong with PvP) or somehow dragging the DK behind a pillar with less than 50% health and no HoTs.
    Which is extremely unrealistic and completely inexcusable on the DK's part and should absolutely never happen past the 1600 bracket.

p.s. if Innervate is dispelled, the Druid is horrible or there was some amazingly good RNG at work. In most cases, spam dispelling Innervate won't take it off before it runs it's full duration.
    My PvP alt is a 2660 rated Druid. It competes at that level with a DK. Priest/Rogue that actually KNOWS HOW TO PLAY is one of the very few setups that are actually difficult to beat. Luckily for us, majority of RP players are just as clueless as most of DK/Druids are ('sup 90% winrate on mirrors), so we get by.

So CoIspamming a dps so the healer can drink is more lame than stunlocking one or doing FoK to cripple them both while your priest goes and hymns or drinks? At least CoI costs a global and has some sort of CD.

Id like it nerfed to like 80% snare in the beginning or something, since i also hate being slowed forever when i try to keep someone from drinking. Or if they keep CoI as it is it's enough for defensive abilities as a DK, with prescence of frost. Remove or nerf the shit out of pet sacrifice and anti magic shell to balance it.

Priest//Rogue crying about arena?!?!

get serious

this comp is a good combo, there are a few out there. I play priest/ret and this is a very hard team to beat if they know what theyre doing because the ret can so easily get kited. Our only chance is to zerg and get lucky, weeve found its better to lose a 2 minute game in the long run than lose a long and drawn out 20 minute game like weeve done a few times. Priest ret is solid cause of the double dispel versus this comp and keeping disease cleanse up at all times helps with DK damage, so we have a half-leg up, just imagine rogue/mage or any team with no dispel and no way to win a mana war...

anyone of you whiners and "lolfaceroll"ers even played one class you whine about above 2k?

i dont care if you reach 2k with your main pvpchar, but honestly, who are you to judge a class being easy by not even playing it at a high level. i dont mean PvE, i dont mean bg-faceroll, i dont mean twinking and i dont mean -2k arena 2v2 twink comp in blue gear, i mean serious business. i can tell you even me as a dk have to THINK what i do when and CoI the dmgdealer is a part of it, but it is NOT EVERYTHING.

i play dk because i LIKE it and i met so many dks so full of pure fail and i played with so many healers so full of pure fail i stopped counting. i have the luck to have a skilled friend playing his drood totally awesome (yes you CAN play a druid good) and running around in circles does only do well if our enemies suck balls...

counter comps are counter comps. i can tell you we have to face ours too, but i give a damn about other peoples opinions about game balance. i can actually take it and accept it how it is. you are not the only smart person on the net and you are not facing retards only.

do i get upset about a 4k penance crit before i get the chance to interrupt him because of it being instant cast without an MS effect? yes, but i dont bother others with it. "you can barely keep your priest at 50%". he is never at 100% at any time? i doubt it. think around edges. priest manaburns druid -> druid has to change form -> no heals -> dk has to heal himself -> no dmg (or counterspells manaburn -> full heal output).

and please, dont think there is no faceroll-QQ about your comp out there.
    Black is what darkness looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Phactor
    Priest//Rogue crying about arena?!?!

get serious
    ^ When I saw this that was my immediate first thought.

To all the priests that cry about druids, L2P. Seriously. Obviously one of you is doing something horribly wrong.

Lol MS Lol Smart Dispelling hots Lol CoS Lol manaburn Lol fear Lol stunlocked manaburn Lol Pain suppression Lol Penance Lol guaranteed sap because of Lol PW:Shield (which deserves it's own separate) Lol PW:Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Haioken
    ^ When I saw this that was my immediate first thought.

To all the priests that cry about druids, L2P. Seriously. Obviously one of you is doing something horribly wrong.

Lol MS Lol Smart Dispelling hots Lol CoS Lol manaburn Lol fear Lol stunlocked manaburn Lol Pain suppression Lol Penance Lol guaranteed sap because of Lol PW:Shield (which deserves it's own separate) Lol PW:Shield

i don't play a priest i hate'em and i hate rogues.

BUT let me say that as an Arms War/Resto tree disc/rogue is cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Thanks for the play-by-play, welcome to your counter composition. We all have one. Go ask Warriors about theirs. You two can swap stories.Someone has to.
    Hes got a point. Maybe we just suck, but I get beat by War/DK + Paly quite often, as Dru War. Justice + the fact that my war has to sit on their war / DK to do any decent dmg, plus if it's a DK I can't CC because they have 20 different spell interrupts on 2 second CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rydan
    CoI can alrdy be dispelled you fucking moron
    and secondly Cloakofskill to get my damn druid.
    your a god damn failure if you blow it to soon
    and lastly HE FROST murk that retard and earn your free
    god damn win LOL@ CoI QQ's
    nerf fucking peneace IMO

That is all

U SIR ARE AN IDIOT AND REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD DK... COS still cant remove desecration nor vanish will so if u have half a brain u will use DnD towards the direction of ur druid

and its not like we dont need COS to prevent some of ur INSANE burts after u stack ur curses..... and its not like u dont have DG after i get to ur druid and rinse repeat COI ..

seriously

COS CD = 1 min 5 sec duration AND MAYBE IT WILL WORK
    COI cd = 0 (omgzors it need runes *cough*)

the worst thing in this game is DKs who thing everytone else is Bad ...PLS just stop i got a DK in the same cafe i play that plays with a mage at 1850 and doesnt have icebound on actionbars nor deathpact... when i told asked him WTF he was doing he had no idea what i was talking about..a person with furious weapons that doesnt have icebound fortitude for the love of god

Hope that helped
    why does everyone assume ALL rogues play with a priesT????????

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    Signed, Priest/Rogue.

BRB blowing all my cooldowns so my Priest can get 8 seconds of drinking while the DK spams CoI so it's Druid can have unlimited drinking time.

That is all.
    Which is why 2v2 is unbalanced and never will be. So happy Blizzard is denying the 2v2ers everything under the sun for rewards. Maybe if they disgruntle enough 2v2 players into trying out the the other brackets, we'd see a lot less class tweaks every single patch. Don't get me wrong, not being elitist by any means, I don't play the other brackets. I just HATE arena. Its pure garbage. At least Blizzard is doing something, short of removing it all together that finally pleases me; PvE should not suffer EVER for such a crappy side feature such as arena. WoW was first and foremost a PvE game, so the people who say PvE < Arena can quiet down asap; where was arena when vanilla launched? The only PvPers who can whine about anything are the BG goers. Remember BGs? The much better implemented version of PvP that actually...works...in a mmo game?

Maybe I can dream for the day either Blizzard or its fan base comes back to reality, hopefully both, but I'm never going to count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    you mean he was literally stupid enough not to be able to tell this was an arena post by the title? both of you fail
    so hard.
    LOL. This is why arean palyers are retarded. The post had nothing to do with it, I didn't care awhat the post was about, and I'm pretty damn sure he didn't. he JUST CLICKED ON IT. Do you understand what I'm saying here? Just clicked on it.

And while we're at it

You fail
    So hard

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    Who the fuck cares? It's PVE. It's only there for those that are too dumb to stay out of the fire. Go play WAR or something, give us back our classes plox.
    DONT STAND IN THE FIRE GUYZ.

NO NOT THAT FIRE EITHER

but if you stand in that other other fire the boss dies. god this is hard
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    LOL. This is why arean palyers are retarded. The post had nothing to do with it, I didn't care awhat the post was about, and I'm pretty damn sure he didn't. he JUST CLICKED ON IT. Do you understand what I'm saying here? Just clicked on it.

And while we're at it

You fail
    So hard
    it interested him so he clicked on it. clearly he doesn't care about arena.

wait.. wait.. i dont get it. does he not have a life? or we can go back to the dick theory. that one sounded right the first time

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders