Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Ele shamys..Forgotten?

I can understand why our gear is rare in raids, although they could stop making plate drops with SP/Haste/Crit and make those pieces mail, so that both ele and holy paladins can use them. The one thing I don't understand is how hard is it to put items for everyone at the vendors. With 3.2 where you basically get free gear up to T8 level by running heroics, and yet other than for the set pieces, elemental shamans have no use for emblems while every other classes can gear up more than 3/4 of their slots from heroic's emblems.

And to the person saying that mp5 for elemental is just *not a DPS increase*, well...no. You are trading either haste or crit from your old piece for the mp5. And as elemental, since you need 540 haste for 5 LBs between each LvB CD, you just can't trade haste with mp5, as even if you gained a good chunk of the other 2 stats, your rotation would be screwed and you would lose DPS instead of staying even or gaining some. So yeah, equipping mp5 as elemental, unless you are replacing leveling gear for it, is ALWAYS a DPS lose, not gain, not *no difference*, a lose.

you are moron who compare hodir and vezax..
    who cares fights like this
    without a encounter buff elemental shamans DONT HAVE TOO MUCH POTENTİAL like feral druis or other hybirds..
    we are behind from them... AND THAT MAKES ME CRAZY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gasillio
    No one likes Elemental Shamans. Their buffs are ok, but the dps is bad. Play a real dps class, and you'll get real dps gear. Otherwise, QQ more.

And to the OP: Shammys aren't forgotten. They just QQ too much so Blizzard put them on ignore.
    Ok lawl look i guaruntee half of the shams on this page could out dps you I do top dps on some fights for my guild and im not even CLOSE to being the most geared lol. But please tell me as to why you would post things like that all it does is make everyone hate you and make you look like a moron because your obviously wrong. There is NOT a class or spec that sucks every class is good in their own way. For example wanna know why a resto druid trying to heal the MT and the holy pally on the raid won't work well? Because resto druids excel in healing the raid and HELPING healing the tanks by rolling HoTs while continuing to heal the radi while holy paladins excel at healing one target by bombing in huge single target heals. I admit there are some OP classes such as rogues who can max the charts for AoE pulls and signle target pulls but just because there are some OP classes doesnt mean that another class sucks because they arent OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrottas
    Fuck Ele Shaman are still QQing about itemization?
    Even without looking ahead to gear available in the future?
    I'm Elemental & I can say that unless it's a gimmicky fight (such as General in Ulduar) that kills mana regen, I have to try really, really, really hard to go OOM. With that in mind, why on earth would I need (yet another) piece of gear with MP5 on it? Seriously, I'll trade gear that says something like:

+INT
    +STA
    +CRIT
    +SPELLPOWER
    +MP5

or

+INT
    +STA
    +HASTE
    +SPELLPOWER
    +MP5

to just removing all the gobs of +MP5 to simple +(whatever stat that's not there, such as if it's got Haste & Spellpower, then add in Crit) such as +10. Sure, that +10 would pale in comparison to the +60 Spell Haste or +85 Spell Power, but it does a TON more for us than (yet another) +20-35 MP5. ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by FuguNeptulon
    on caster dps race like vezax 25 normal mode i have always been number one, on other bosses i am also in top3, sometimes top5. So i dont really think ele dps is bad, it's your friends who cant play the spec ;D

//Fugu @ Neptulon EU
    No troll. The problem is your guild is terribad.

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe
    I'm Elemental & I can say that unless it's a gimmicky fight (such as General in Ulduar) that kills mana regen, I have to try really, really, really hard to go OOM. With that in mind, why on earth would I need (yet another) piece of gear with MP5 on it?
    This.

Without putting Chain Lightning into my rotation, which should only be done for multi-target dps, I struggle to go out of mana. Mp5 is almost as useless as spirit, not quite... but it's getting there.

Why blizzard have actually decided not to put in ANY emblem pieces correctly itemised for Elemental Shaman whilst Resto/Enhancement Shaman get more than their fill is beyond me, maybe they feel that we'd be just as happy sharing with Restoration ("Lul. It has SP on it, why the qq?"). Also when most Resto-mp5 mail kit also comes with crit, a slightly more useful stat but still no where near as useful as haste (or hit, assuming you're not capped). I don't know why I'm whining too much, it's been said before. If blizzard hasn't noticed/planned to do something by now then they clearly wont want to bother in future and, inevitably, the conversation will end up: "Remember when Blizz killed Elemental Shaman from malnourishment?"

ps. as for my placings on the dps meters, I have to say. My guild is a 10man Ulduar guild and, as an Elemental Shaman, I don't do bad. Everyone in my guild is roughly in the same gear, though I'm still wandering about in t7.5 whilst everyone else has their t8. I never do bad on the meters, but the meters aren't always everything. There's a mage who beats everyone almost all the time, and then there's usually me, a Shadow Priest and a Warlock fighting it out for 2nd, 3rd and 4th place and the results vary depending on our mood for the evening. I'm not fussed about our dps output as it is, could be better, could be worse.

Looked at the trial loot , there are a lot of very usefull items for elemental I think everythink besides bracers, I saw a craftable one that has haste sp and mp5 that looks nice even if it has mp5, as long as those couple of mp5 items we are forced to use have haste with it and not crite I'm fine with using its. There are nice boots with a socket a shield one with mp5 and one with crite, a mace with 621 sp! A dagger with the same a kick ass trinket with 150 sp .
    We just have to accept that we have to use out tier gear for bis and hope we get good drops for the rest.
    An item or 2 with mp5, sp and haste on us isn't the end of the world in fact I have mp5 bracers the ones of razz. Never dropped for me and I am always in the top 5 on charts xt I was 3rd this week at 6k , still only have 2 t8 bad luck on drops
    Not any conq. Gear means my alt feral will be pimped out in no time !! Lol

We're getting screwed on the ring front too. Every caster ring has mp5 or spirit on it.

15+ Year Old Account

Agreed I have the valure spirit one lol nice haste and sp and no mage or any other caster will call for your head because you want it another nice one is off ignus and one off kt 25

Forgot one in ulduar 10 hard modes

Quote Originally Posted by Instant
    Stop looking at mail gear only. Start grabbing cloth pieces :O Crafted cloth belt from ulduar is awesome piece (depending on what you need).

You can buy tier pieces for badges, and they are usefull, arent they?

Yes ele shammy has it worse than most other classes, but i think you should be used to that by now... considering elemental is only SPEC that needs offensive mail gear.
    then there is a quietion WHY eleshamans dont have ANY mail gear for badges OR crafts, since those dont screw up with loottables?

oh yea, because they dont care about eleshaman itemization past tier.

It always comes down to they always take care of holly pallys why not us?? It doesn't make sence but you are right I done expect anything else anymore. speaking of cloth there is a belt iv seen that's awsome 2 sockets and we can add a 3rd.

Do it like me, use pvp gear instead of mp5 mail, all you do is switch the mp5 for resil :>

Seriously though, this discussion started as a badge loot problem. and that is what it is.

more badge loot items doesnt screw ANYBODY over with larger loottables and whatnot.

We should get badge mail items with sp/haste/crit or hit, end of discussion.

The thing with boomkins are that their dps is balanced around them using leather with spirit on it, cause thats all they have.

Our problem is that we have to use mp5 gear, while there still might be a small amount of mail pieces with sp/haste/crit on them but they are 99% of the time from some hardmode which the everyday shaman wont have access to, but still be balanced around having.

The same thing applies to the lack of elemental shaman weapons.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Unbelievable how much - sorry - bullshit is wrote down in this thread.

Let's take a look at the, lets say, top 3000 Guilds of the world. Now search for druids wearing cloth, shamans wearing cloath/leather, paladins wearing cloth/leather/mail.

No class wants to wear items of a lower type. Blizzard gave shamans the abilty to wear mail, which automatically means they should wear it. You can read this in the class' Q&A.

Now the basic problem is that Blizzard tries to build gear that can be used by many classes/specs. Can you imagine why mages and warlocks have been changed to have a bonus from spirit? Because you just have to build two different types of cloth armor: sp/crit and sp/mp5, all have stamina, int AND spirit. Same happended to feral druid and rogue - same gear to different classes.

Here we come to the problem of holypala and, especially, elemental shamans. Both classes don't share their armor with any other spec. For holypalas it seems to be a solution that they generate spellpower from strengh, thats what Blizzard said in the Q&A.

For elemental they have no solution yet. So we will have the same problem in Coliseum like we had in Ulduar: No gear-upgrade in many slots. We will use cloth, leather or mail with spirit/mp5 as long as it has loads of spellpower and haste OR crit, very very few items will even have all three stats.

We will still roll on the healer-weapons because sp>haste>all and even sp/crit (holypala-weapon) is good for elemental.

So let's hope they find a way, maybe convert mp/5 into spellpower or something like that.