New to Warlock 3.2 PvP

Hi im new to Locks (and to the messages boards here) and I was searching through the posts to see what I could learn about Warlocks esp. for PvP. I would like to know what the more experienced locks think about suggested builds (Destro seems damaging but affliction looks fun w/ all the ex DoT stuff), gear and especially what I should gem and enchant for. I found some interesting things but im still not quite too sure. (Like spell hit cap is 6% and Pen. is 130 right? and what about Hit and Haste?) I want to PvP w/ the new 3.2 changes and Im currently testing on the PTR. If there is a direct link to all of my questions then please link it here so this topic can be closed - I dont wanna open another post up for something thats here already - anyway thanks in advance for the advice and stats

Re: New to Warlock 3.2 PvP

Nice to hear that we are getting more locks into pvp lately , welcome .

OK first of all, the spec that you will be playing will depend on what you're doing, like Arena or Battlegrounds. For battlegrounds, choose the spec you prefer playing in it, for me that would be destro.

2nd of all, for arena: If you're playing with a healer, play affliction, my setup is affli lock, resto druid in 2v2, and I love it. However, if you're playing 2v2 with another dps, you might want to go destro, like destro lock rogue is a pretty good setup.

If you're going for 3v3 or 5v5 I'd suggest going destro, for example my setup in 3v3 is Rogue, Resto druid, and me (Lock, as destro). It's amazing burst and decent survival.

OK , now, the hit cap is 4% for pvp for casters, I suggest going for Suppression in the Affli tree and get those 3 points, so you'll only need 30 hit or something. I'm not sure what the spell pene cap is, but I'm on 120 spell pene, and it's enough imo.

For gems , at the start of your pvp carreer, I went for stamina and sp gems, and spell power and resi gems. Later on when you get decent pvp gear with enough stamina on it so you don't have to gem for it, I went for full spell power gems. I have the meta with spell power and stun reducement duration by 10%

For enchants, check my armory a bit and check what you like or don't like (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...-Nerub&n=Stila)

Good luck

PS: If anyone has more tips, or adjustments or something, feel free to help me too

Peace out, Stila

Thats some great starting info already! - I also forgot to ask though what pet is best to have out or is that all situational? (Thanks Stila )

I posted this in another topic, where someone was looking for some info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophane
    For the time being something around 700-800 resilience should be quite good. Then if you are going to play as affliction, spell power is your best investment. I wouldn't go for stamina gems since they will barely make a difference. Just make sure you have a decent health pool (20k+).

As for other stats:
    Haste seems to be the choice for Affliction locks at the moment.
    Crit (Yes, dots - Corruption and Unstable Affliction - can crit through Pandemic, and Malediction gives them an additional 9% crit) seems to earn some value next patch (3.2). Also a good stat for destruction pvp.
    Spirit loses most of its value when you switch to Demon Armor which you will end up using a lot if you play with a healer.

You'll need 4% hit (6% to cover for racial passive skills) and around 130 spell penetration to counter shadow resistance buffs. So if you are going to have 2 points in Suppression (2%) you will need another 4% to counter all racial skills (1% = 27 hit rating, so 4% = 108 hit rating). Easy to get with a couple of hit off-pieces.
    Spec:
    Its a matter of choice and play styles, however I agree with stila's post about which spec works better in different situations.

Pets:
    Imp - Forget it
    Voidwalker - Shield and Stealth Detection (consume shadows)
    Succubus - Seduce (needs to be talented for 0.5 sec cast time)
    Felhunter - Spell Lock and Dispelling (both offensive/defensive)
    Felguard - Demonologist's pet. Intercept Stun, High Damage pet

Now of course it is situational, so experiment around with pets and see what you are comfortable playing with.
    Affliction tends to go with Felhunter while Succubus is used by Destro locks, although in some situations a Destro Lock might prefer to use a felhunter as well. Voidwalker is used by both, and that shield can be quite handy.

If you need to know anything else, feel free to ask
    - Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance? -

I am working on a Warlock PvP guide.

Here is the link

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=77680.0

ty ty all this info should help me alot! much appreciated!

this thread is very helpful. I was thinking about going into PvP myself but i cant decide between affliction and destro.

The survivability of affliction vs. the uber burst of destro is a hard decision to make.

WTB tri-spec!

Thanks for posting your guide Nixia , even though I know all of the things you mentioned, I can imagine that it can be helpful for starter locks.

Peace out, Stila