Thread: macro help

macro help

I want to cast thorns on my focus without targeting him, but when I don't have a focus, I want to cast it on myself. Here's what I got so far.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus] Thorns
    Any help is appreciated.
    I don't care how big your poops are! Not in the middle of a pull!

Re: macro help

try a

/cast [target=focus, help] Thorns; Thorns

It should cast thorns on your focus if he's friendly, else it will cast on your target (your self if you got auto self cast)

To add to what gollie said, you should also check if there is a focus at all.

/cast [target=focus, help,exists] Thorns; Thorns

Or

/cast [target=focus, help,exists][] Thorns

Both do the same exact thing. If you want your macro to always cast it on you even if you have a target that you could cast it on, you have to use

/cast [target=focus, help,exists][target=player] Thorns

if you dont mind ill stick to this topic.
    I'm looking for macro to repeat some actions like prospecting or disenchanting,many times. When after pressing 1 button i can just watch and w8 for my items disenchanted.

That can't be done in this game shirana, because the macro will simply do something when you click it (it can't run for a couple of seconds or anything of that sort). It can't automate things.

While it is true that you can not just press a button and watch your character prospect all of the ore in your bags or mill all your herbs, or disenchant all of your items, you can automate prospecting and milling a little bit...

I will use Prospecting as an example:

#showtooltip
    /cast Prospecting
    /use Titanium Ore
    /use Saronite Ore
    /use Cobalt Ore

This will basically find 5 ore in your bags and prospect it going in a Titanium Ore, Saronite Ore, Cobalt Ore priority. This does require you to have auto-loot turned on in your interface options though. If you do not, use this instead:

#showtooltip
    /script SetCVar("AutoLootDefault", 1)
    /cast Prospecting
    /use Titanium Ore
    /use Saronite Ore
    /use Cobalt Ore
    /in 1 /script SetCVar("AutoLootDefault", 0)

That will turn auto-loot on for the duration of the prospecting, then turn it back off when its done prospecting. You may want to adjust the number for the time that it takes before it turns auto-loot back on, I am just doing this by memory...

Hope that helps...