Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlock Blog in the Making

Dear MMO-Champion readers,

In light of a night listening to a crazy resto druid playing Final Fantasy themes on his flute thing (tenor? descant? I was paying attention I swear) at 3am, I realised there are no proper warlock blogs that actually talk about warlocks, but rather their awesome DK alts that they rerolled to because they think warlocks got gimped. I for one think warlocks are awesome. It is because of this that I decided to start up my own warlock blog.

I am not so proud to present this blog in such an unfinished state, but they all start from somewhere:

http://healmylifetap.blogspot.com/

So I call out to you, creative minds of the internet. I want to know what the community wants to see in a blog and I hope this little project will expand into something that I can update daily, and will keep readers reading. I would particularly appreciate feedback from other blog writers, maybe even from those without an evil warlock background such as mine. Thanks in advance for any ideas, comments and criticism.

~Iriya

Re: Warlock Blog in the Making

If I had a warlock blog I could call it

"INB4 The Lock"

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Meh, I kind let YAWN die. Maybe I'll pick it back up.

10+ Year Old Account

Good initiative, though i have a few questions.

* What aspect(s) of the game are you focusing on? By the look of your screenshot downing algalon PvE seems to be the main subject.
    * Which speccs are you focusing on? Affli or Destro i guess.
    * Are you going to update with patch notes, and/or other news about the warlock class?
    * Is your guild really named "Cake"?

That's all the questions i could think of now, i might get back with more later.
    "It's alive!" - Viktor Frankenstein
    derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Limefire
    Good initiative, though i have a few questions.

* What aspect(s) of the game are you focusing on? By the look of your screenshot downing algalon PvE seems to be the main subject.
    * Are you going to update with patch notes, and/or other news about the warlock class?

That's all the questions i could think of now, i might get back with more later.
    I thank you for a proper reply

The screenshot was the only screenshot in my folder I could find with me in it. I made that initial post to see what the post format looks like with an image, and I'll delete it once I get the blog going. I'm an officer in a raiding guild who's very close to downing yoggie25 at the moment, and have done many 10man hardmodes. I do occasionally try out battlegrounds when I could get some people from the guild with me, cause otherwise it's tediously boring trying to go on your own, and I tried arenas at one point and found it fun, but not something I'd do all day.

As a warlock I enjoy playing all the specs and will talk about them when something new and exciting happens to any one of the three. I currently raid as destruction, but am happy to play all three. It's the general playstyle and idea of the warlock class that I like, and not just their talent tree choices.

I will include stuff like that in the blog, but it won't be the main focus of it, that's what this site is for. I will of course give my opinions on any changes that happen which will affect warlocks and try and go into detail with them, but again, I don't want those types of posts to be the main focus. Anything that happens to me as I play that I see as funny or insightful will go in the blog. The original name was 'Ramblings of an Evil Warlock', but decided to go against it as it was a bit too obvious.

Yes!

Thanks for those questions, it's helped me straighten my aims for the blog quite a bit.

/wave

It's k, seems the thread's taken a turn for the better. I just hope some more people might get interested and give me their opinions.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Also, i can't perform the request you asked in PM as i'm only a moderator of the Paladin forums unfortunately
    To make this a sticky? :3
    Give the warlock forum their own mod!
    derp.

Deleted

You guys are too well behaved to need dedicated moderators... right?
    [me=Dinnerbone]looks at the big screeny[/me]

<Cake>. I love you.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    You guys are too well behaved to need dedicated moderators... right?
    Perhaps, though i have seen -some- trolling here on the warlock forum, and we could use someone to post usefull topics as stickys.

@Iriya, start updating it with some news then :O I'm all exited
    derp.

To make this a sticky? :3
    Hah, actually I was starting to think that maybe it was a bad idea asking for opinions here after looking at the first few replies, but you pulled it out of the water ;)

I'll start updating it soon, just want to get the theme right first.

I love that little imp to the left =)

Don't let comments like "fail", "another place for warlocks to qq" let you don't. Trolls are everywhere and pick on everyone.

It will be fun to follow a PvE warlock and what they think about the class, you always hear "we suck bla bla bla" on other forums =).

Agreed I really like where Warlocks are atm for PvE.

I tend to ignore trolls and just pass them off as people with nothing better to do than belittle everyone else.

It hasn't really been easy to come up with post ideas seeing as it's my first time blogging, but I have some nice stuff lined up specifically for warlocks.

Thanks everyone :>

Edit: I'm also exploring making some videos to go along with the blog, but I can't seem to record them in YouYube's HD size (1280x720) without getting some minor frame skipping that will get annoying in longer videos. I'm using Camtasia Studio at the moment because I didn't manage to record in-game sound with Fraps, so if anyone has any suggestion on perchance a better screen capturing software it would be greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account

First of all, i noticed you've written alot during a short amount of time, and it's a great reading!
    Keep it up.
    Secondly, i have no idea why you can't record sound with fraps, you should be able to.. Tried poking a bit on the options? On the other hand, i'm not much of the recorder, hah.
    I think WeGame is a good way to record, haven't been to their website, but i've heard it's about the same as fraps in quality.
    derp.

I am leveling a new warlock atm (human, not that it matters). I played an undead warlock in the middle of TBC and I guess quite some things has changed since then. I've also been away for about a year.

.. I'm having a hard time getting what I'm thinking transformed into words and themes for your blog....
    So, because of the above reasons, I'm probably thinking more basic than a lot of other locks whom have experience in wrath's raids etc..

Now I'll just toss some words down and hope some of them can give you inspiration:
    Your every-day life as a warlock -> thinking kind of laid back "reviews" / "guides" on different grinding methods, quests, raids and such things. I can imagine that would be a nice way for a newcomer like me to get into the dark universe again. Even an experienced lock might get a tip or two.

Thats all I have for now. Guess you might also have to make a choice about how pro you want it to be

woah roar moar people like you please =p

Oh btw, I cant seem to get why people think warlock sucks ;<

Dont pick on our sorry asses!!!!

I want to give equal importance to 'pro' raiding warlocks as much as beginner warlocks desperately seeking advice. I'll eventually cover levelling specs, what to gear up for, and some other stuff, but really at the moment it's just a cloud of ideas in my head and nothing's on paper yet. However, since I want a reader base of more than just warlocks, I'll occasionally throw in something that everyone can relate to, an article about wow in general.

When I can actually throw in something useful into the pot I'll cover some pvp stuff. Though I'm not such an arena aficionado, I did enjoy it in those few matches I played.

I have managed to get some sound going in the videos, but it seems to be a bit variable and sometimes it sounds rather distant.

Also, Paipaipai, they only do it because they know we're the biggest threat ;)

Edit: I'm starting to worry that since I'm updating daily, I'll be running out of ideas faster than I'm coming up with new ones. Since I'm new to writing for an audience/blogging, I'm not quite sure where to look for post ideas and things to cover.

Again, thanks everyone who's reading, and keep the questions coming.

Iriya!
    Gogogo

EDIT: Finally someone on alliance side from Ghostlands that i've seen around. Chronalis aint the only one on Ghostlands then ;D