Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

maelstrom weapons? seriously?

why do i bother speccing in this? im not sure. paladin get art of war every crit? is there a cooldown on that? and soon exorcism? so basicly they will have the same thing. 15sec cooldown on exorcism? big deal. lol sure takes more than 15sec to get 5stacks up for me. imo make it proc x2 as often. and make it cast both healing wave and lightning at no mana cost. i forgot about righteous vengeance. give us an art of war that casts lesser healing wave. perhaps make it proc every 2 or 3 crits since we dw with faster weapons. what are your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: maelstrom weapons? seriously?

why do i bother speccing in this?
    Because you're a shaman, not a paladin.

Maelstrom weapon is fine, stop complaining.

If you are only getting a 5 stack every 15 seconds, stop using a 2hander.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkyPie
    Maelstrom weapon is fine, stop complaining.
    <--- Austrian, sorry for any spelling, word or grammar mistakes

well they nerfed proc rate but its still one of our best abilities
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

....... Seriously.

ATM, i'm 72 ; and sometimes I cant insta-cast my chain lighting 'cause it's on CD (6 sec!); can't even imagine when i'm gonna be 80 with plenty of haste.

GTFO, you're comparing MW to AoW when MW proc very quickly and deals way more damage OR healing.

AoW will get it's uptime nerfed (only melee crits whill pop it) and you will only be able to exo once each 15 sec (while you can do like 2 chain-lightning).

Bad Troll is Bad :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Yautjalv426
    why do i bother speccing in this? im not sure. paladin get art of war every crit? is there a cooldown on that? and soon exorcism? so basicly they will have the same thing. 15sec cooldown on exorcism? big deal. lol sure takes more than 15sec to get 5stacks up for me. imo make it proc x2 as often. and make it cast both healing wave and lightning at no mana cost. i forgot about righteous vengeance. give us an art of war that casts lesser healing wave. perhaps make it proc every 2 or 3 crits since we dw with faster weapons. what are your thoughts?
    Link your armory, please.

MW is beast. If it's taking that long for you to get a 5 stack, you're either poorly-geared, or doing something else that's incredibly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawrhshshsh
    If you are only getting a 5 stack every 15 seconds, stop using a 2hander.
    Seriously look again, torch of the damned is a level 70 weapon.

MW is fine, BUT, 5pts seems a bit expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    The interwebz, protecting enraged nerds from ass-woopin they would get irl since almost 40 years.

I'd take Maelstrom over Art of War any day
    World of RNGCraft for a 1k heal is just fail

Maybe he's using a super fast 2hd weapon?

Maybe if you weren't terrible you could get the 4peice t8 and quit bitching.

Because its the best shaman talent enhancement has. as few mentioned above- I cant use CL all the time in trash packs since MW procs that often that every second time CL is on CD(well 4xt8 and 300haste rating helps,but even while doing dailies and 2-3shotting lvl 80 mobs I stack MW5 in 1-3mobs easily), yes its rng but with decent gear in raid conditions you wouldn't feel like even rising such a stupid question.
    I assume you're not even 80 yet and using 2H, could you show us your armory?

Quote Originally Posted by Yautjalv426
    actually we dw with slow weapons coz they hit harder with flametongue, windfury and stormstrike, and in general hit harder than fast weapons.Ideally you wanna dw as an enhance shammy .MW is kinda costly in terms of talent points ,would be nice if it did have it's points reduced.Currently as far as i am concerned it is dispellable-which also should not happen.

I don't understand why you're complaining. Originally (as in right now) Exorcism was instant cast and was a fantastic ability to use while closing in on a mob... now (in patch 3.2) you need Art of War up or else it has a 1.5 second cast time. Essentially, you're complaining that Paladins get instant cast Exorcism (and Flash of Light) on proc for 2 talent points, which is a nerf to the class to begin with, and you have to spend 5 points for instant cast healing wave, lesser healing wave, lightning bolt, chain lightning or hex (hex in patch 3.2).

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    I'd take Maelstrom over Art of War any day
    World of RNGCraft for a 1k heal is just fail
    ret paladin heals are significantly better than enhancement heals.

You might want to know wtf you're talking about before posting.

AoW is significantly better than MSW in pvp. In pve I don't think it scarcely matters (because with near 100% uptime MSW is a very respectable talent).
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

Quote Originally Posted by Shaamwow
    ret paladin heals are significantly better than enhancement heals.

You might want to know wtf you're talking about before posting.

AoW is significantly better than MSW in pvp. In pve I don't think it scarcely matters (because with near 100% uptime MSW is a very respectable talent).

you can ONLY cast flash of light on a paladin in terms of AW and that is only about a 2k heal 3k crit heal ( i know i played a paladin in endgame raiding ( sarth +3 ) ) so dont sit there and say its better. maelstrom gives the following

instant cast ( healing wave ) crits for 7-8k in pvp gear
    instant cast lesser healing wave
    instant cast lightning bolt
    instant cast chain lightning bolt
    and in 3.2 instant cast CC

-----

art of war gives the following

instant cast flash of light
    in 3.2 instant cast exorsism...

how can they compare

the only thing AW could posibly have on MSW is the fact that it goes off more often. however you need 2-3 or even 4 procks of AW to = the healing you get from one healing wave from MSW so imo they equil out.

You clearly don't know how good art of war is in pvp. I pvpd with a ret pally and his art of war flash of light was critting for 4-5k not anywhere near as low as what you are saying. I also saw him go from 10% to 100% with MS on him in under 4 seconds when i asked him how he laughed and said art of war is awesome.

idk what ur complaining about if ur talking about pvp any paladin that uses every art of war proc will fail at pvp cuz that is like weaving a flash of light in between each attack lowering their burst largely

2nd exorcism has a cooldown nub