Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Frost Spec needs to be more Arena friendly.

Last night, a Frost DK (not in full PvE gear) crit me for 10,125 Frost strike, after chaining me 10 yards away then walking up 3 seconds later, while I was evasioned. Poof. 10,125. No setup required, no precasting, no stacking debuffs.

Consider that your versatility; 10k + damage on a full furious target who has defensive cooldowns in place. Compare that to Ret paladins, Destro locks, rogues, whatever. All of them require either a : more buttons, or b : more setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Amahax
    Last night, a Frost DK (not in full PvE gear) crit me for 10,125 Frost strike, after chaining me 10 yards away then walking up 3 seconds later, while I was evasioned. Poof. 10,125. No setup required, no precasting, no stacking debuffs.

Consider that your versatility; 10k + damage on a full furious target who has defensive cooldowns in place. Compare that to Ret paladins, Destro locks, rogues, whatever. All of them require either a : more buttons, or b : more setup.
    Come back after a destro lock with as much PvE gear as that death knight crits you with chaos bolt, and one shots you from full health. That would be quite more fun to listen to.

Link your armory. Your gear has to be checked. 10k crits are only possible in BG's against insanely gibly geared scrubs.

Also, as a rogue, you're a disappointment to your community. Rogues shouldn't get owned by DK's. It's a hard-counter to DKs class.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_

Come back after a destro lock with as much PvE gear as that death knight crits you with chaos bolt, and one shots you from full health. That would be quite more fun to listen to.
    Exactly. Arcane Mages too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberuz
    Link your armory. Your gear has to be checked. 10k crits are only possible in BG's against insanely gibly geared scrubs.

Also, as a rogue, you're a disappointment to your community. Rogues shouldn't get owned by DK's. It's a hard-counter to DKs class.
    I eat rogues on my DK. Its locks that own his face...
    Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    Can I give you +1k internetz, Chokaa?

Quote Originally Posted by Chokaa
    I eat rogues on my DK. Its locks that own his face...
    You're weird.

10k crits are possible if they've popped all their cooldowns and you'd have to have average to low resilience. This won't happen anymore though for 2 reasons.

1). Frost Strike has been nerfed by about 10% damage wise (blood of the north providing 5% less) and frost strike itself does 5% less damage. Also it can be blocked dodged and parried. So you can mitigate it with evasion.

2). Resilience now increases your resistance to damage. 900 resilience = 10% damage reduction to all damage. So that 10k frost strike should be 7-8k if all his stuff is popped. And you can dodge it now.

Quote Originally Posted by skaarrj
    10k crits are possible if they've popped all their cooldowns and you'd have to have average to low resilience. This won't happen anymore though for 2 reasons.

1). Frost Strike has been nerfed by about 10% damage wise (blood of the north providing 5% less) and frost strike itself does 5% less damage. Also it can be blocked dodged and parried. So you can mitigate it with evasion.

2). Resilience now increases your resistance to damage. 900 resilience = 10% damage reduction to all damage. So that 10k frost strike should be 7-8k if all his stuff is popped. And you can dodge it now.
    He was talking bout pre-3.2. I've done tests in PTR. It's impossible to get a 10k FS anymore even against a poorly geared target. 7k would be good already.

I'm sorry, but this irritates me to no end. DK's have A LOT of abilities they use, just as much as other classes. Not hunters though, god they got a ridiculous amount of buttons. Please don't tell me my class requires less skill because it has less buttons and less setup, because that's false.

And trying to justify us not getting any utility/versatility buffs because 1 attack has the capability to do 10k damage is not only poor reasoning, but shows that you're only concerned with yourself and not balance as a whole. Which brings into question anything you say from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberuz
    He was talking bout pre-3.2. I've done tests in PTR. It's impossible to get a 10k FS anymore even against a poorly geared target. 7k would be good already.
    What's the point of that? Pre-3.2 doesnt matter anymore.

i play a frost death knight for pvp including arena

howling blast is good yes but the best way to use it is when they are bunched up

you can then choose to break one of the icecubes and use all ur burst on him

just don't howling blast and if you must get that person out of the way chains range death grip

Quote Originally Posted by skaarrj
    What's the point of that? Pre-3.2 doesnt matter anymore.
    All the whiners still talk bout the pre-3.2 DK's. It matters to them cus they still want to QQ. Ah well..

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    i play a frost death knight for pvp including arena

howling blast is good yes but the best way to use it is when they are bunched up

you can then choose to break one of the icecubes and use all ur burst on him

just don't howling blast and if you must get that person out of the way chains range death grip
    I'm pretty sure you're talking about Hungering Cold.. not sure what you're saying bout the last line though.

I really wish the OP and supporters would familiarize themselves with (1) Blizzard's stance on class/spec balance, and (2) the status of most of the other classes.

I won't presume to understand most of the mechanics of the arena system, because I no longer participate in the arena portion of the game. I no longer participate because it is an understood fact that certain combinations of two to five of a given class and spec yields heavily more success than most others, and in that, many class/specs have no representation at all. It is appalling to see a DK asking for more PVP/arena utility, given that between paladins and DKs, request for more PVP utility comes across similarly to Bill Gates asking for more money.

You guys have had plenty of time in the limelight since 3.0. If this is the point that you guys are rotated out, and other classes become the flavor of the month, it's about time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDaj
    I really wish the OP and supporters would familiarize themselves with (1) Blizzard's stance on class/spec balance, and (2) the status of most of the other classes.

I won't presume to understand most of the mechanics of the arena system, because I no longer participate in the arena portion of the game. I no longer participate because it is an understood fact that certain combinations of two to five of a given class and spec yields heavily more success than most others, and in that, many class/specs have no representation at all. It is appalling to see a DK asking for more PVP/arena utility, given that between paladins and DKs, request for more PVP utility comes across similarly to Bill Gates asking for more money.

You guys have had plenty of time in the limelight since 3.0. If this is the point that you guys are rotated out, and other classes become the flavor of the month, it's about time.
    True. I'm not really supporting the guy who was asking for more utility. I just get sick of people QQ-ing bout Frost DK's when they 1) don't know how to play a DK, hence haven't experienced rune management 2) intermix us with the UH spec and 3) they're usually the ones who haven't mastered their classes which causes them to get spooned.

Feel free to get off your highhorse.
    I am NOT an unholy DK. I enjoy playing Frost. Frost needs help in arena's because of it's massive lack of utility, and it's damage is now nerfed, and also shared by the other 2 specs. Please do not lump is with Unholy DK's, as you are continuing to do.

You guys have had plenty of time in the limelight since 3.0.

familiarize themselves with (1) Blizzard's stance on class/spec balance
    Really, you should eat your own words on this quote.

haha this would be right up blizzards alley as a change to game, let me use one example of when this happened before

worker: I got it, lets gives rogues a 5 second immunity to spells..........for no reason.

boss: excellent idea jim, have a promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by draconith
    haha this would be right up blizzards alley as a change to game, let me use one example of when this happened before

worker: I got it, lets gives rogues a 5 second immunity to spells..........for no reason.

boss: excellent idea jim, have a promotion.

i lol'd.

Have you ever tried dueling a lock / mage / any caster as a rogue WITHOUT COS?

yeah i dont htink that would work out for you.