Ritual of Doom: Is It Really Worth It For PvE?

Title says it all. I haven't gotten to test it out yet (got it at 68, just dinged 70) because, before I got to test it, I got nuked by a pat the tank failed to pick up lol. But, for a destro lock, is it worth using Ritual of Doom for boss fights that require more mobility (like Keristraza in Nexus, for example) as opposed to keeping Imp out?
    We are the internet we dont care about you. We just want to poke you with a pointy stick
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Furthermore to hate gearscore for 'denying you access to raids' is like hating your credit score for denying you access to a loan.

Re: Ritual of Doom: Is It Really Worth It For PvE?

The doomguard does about the same DPS as the infernal you can also summon at 80 I believe. But it has the advantage of longer time at your side. For fight's like OS 10 3D Zerg and Patchwerk a lot of locks use a doomguard.

The doomguard is only good as affliction in the endgame. If your destro spec is good, your imp is more usefull. The little bugger is a firebolt machinegun that crits for 1k+. And buff you when he crits.

The Doomguard was realy good before because of his Cripple ability, but it got nerfed.But he provides good DPS as affli since all other pets sucks in affliciton.

Even fully buffed at 80 a destro lock's imp will only do about 600ish DPS maxish (differs on some fights), whereas a doomguard can do over 1k. Even with the crit bonus a destro lock gets from his imp's crit's, the doomguard is better DPS imo until next patch when they buff the crit talent.

Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9
    Even fully buffed at 80 a destro lock's imp will only do about 600ish DPS maxish (differs on some fights), whereas a doomguard can do over 1k. Even with the crit bonus a destro lock gets from his imp's crit's, the doomguard is better DPS imo until next patch when they buff the crit talent.
    I tested it and Imp>Doomguard in destro.

Imp > Doomguard for Destro.

Doomguard > anything else for Affliction.
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

The doomguard can be useful in PvE for destro locks depending on the boss fight. If I am up to it I bring it out on freya to stun all the detonating adds during P1 when they get low life. (I know a shadow fury can do this also but 2 stuns = win?) Haven't tested this but I will next reset for using cripple on the snaplasher.

Other then these situational uses the imp is far better.

Who doesn't like a machine gun shooting fireballs anyways? (Should be green fire imo!)

Why do warlocks even have red fire? It should be all green fire IMO.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    Maybe but the fire they are using is red in WC3 at least

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    Blizz has been thinking about adding a glyph for locks that'll change their fire from red to green, though whether or not it will actually happen is debatable

Acually, following all logic, warlock's fire spells should be red. The green flames are from Fel spells, and fel is the most corrupted form of arcane. Shadow magic is also an curroptued form of arcane, so lorewise the spells that should be green should be those that does that does shadow damage, but only when cast by very powerful warlocks.

Fire spells are made when the warlock abuse the powers of the elements, same way mages does. And as such, the fire is still (big surprise incomming)... fire. Shadow spells are made when the warlock draws arcane energi from the Nether, pumps it up with demonic magic, and fires it off in the face of an enemy. If enough demonic energi is pumped, the spell will be green, and Fel instead of shadow.

Of course this wont matter as I'm possibly the only one who ever looked up Fel, and Blizzard is gonna give green fire to warlocks at some point anyway to keep 'em from whining.