Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: my pallys dps is low for its gear

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Just... no? They don't have more crit, about the same ap value and int even if it is bad can come in handy sometimes.
    More AP outweighs the crit gain. Crit doesn't scale well with gear at all, and strength is usually much higher in value.

Mail items in nax are not very strong, some crafted and rep stuff is better.

The valor badge bracers are a very strong piece if under the expertise cap, and death inured sabatons are also a very solid item.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Just... no? They don't have more crit, about the same ap value and int even if it is bad can come in handy sometimes.

The Most important thing on a weapon are min/max dmg and Dps Ironsoul wins in both, armor pene is weak but it's not completely useless either. Jawbone has haste and Inevitable defeat has agility, pretty weak stats for ret as well and even if you need the expertise only Jawbone might be -slightly- better than Ironsoul , Inevitable defeat is clearly worse.

In response to my second point:
    The boots from Ebon Blade are about a 27dps increase over what he's currently wearing.
    The wrists are nearly a 40dps increase and give him Expertise he desperately needs. The Valor bracers are pretty damn good even into Uld gear.

On the last one:
    Jawbone is a 15dps increase over Ironsoul. Expertise is roughly the same value for Ret as STR, thus why its better. Jawbone, in his gear, is even better than Betrayer.
    Inevitable Defeat is a dps decrease of 11, and I threw it in there off the top of my head.

Top end is important. But the stats upon the weapon are equally as. Higher item level DOES NOT automatically mean a DPS increase, which is a common mistake a lot of people make regardless of class. If I were in his gear level, I'd easily drop Ironsoul for Jawbone, not because of rawr numbers but because of knowing whats important. If his gear level across the board is high, ArPen on a few items isnt a big deal; With lower gear levels, you need to maximize everything, and thats why the thread was started.

Picking up the Valor Bracers, the Ebon Blade Boots, and Jawbone would give him a dps increase of roughly 100, not factoring in raid buffs which would raise the number even higher.

Did you pull his gear up in rawr?

Where are you getting the dps numbers from in gear changes?

You should factor raid buffs in to begin with, since those certainly effect gear choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Merander
    No they are not also i got my Greatness card for like 4k its not much.
    Yeah come to think of it DC:G a quite cheap now you can get one for 5Kish, I bought mine when it was still a "new" item (probably got the 2nd card on the server or something like that), and than again people were selling it 15k, I managed to bargain my way down to 11k . That card is BiS by so much it's ridiculous
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

As said, rep items are better than what you have, but if you are saying "i don't have the gold" Go make gold first. level your herbing and farm that or just do dailys.

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok
    That card is BiS by so much it's ridiculous
    untill the patch. I hope they stack.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

lawl ret, just respec and become usefull

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlefo
    Thank you for your help. O great and powerful Grizzlefo !
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlefo
    Lawl Grizzlefo, keep it going and you'll get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Did you pull his gear up in rawr?

Where are you getting the dps numbers from in gear changes?

You should factor raid buffs in to begin with, since those certainly effect gear choices.
    Yes, I put it into Rawr manually just to run numbers. I'd factor in Raid buffs, but he's guildless (I think) and kinda hard for me to know what he's running with to get an accurate number. The things he's shy on (Expertise mainly) are uneffected by those buffs so the preliminary numbers will hold.

I also didn't change his enchants, or his gemming mistakes.

15+ Year Old Account

another reason to pick up jawbone instead of ironsoul other than the superior stats is attack power coeffiency.
    ure gona have a higher min-max damage with a slower weapon than with a fast one even tho the dps on the wep can be as high as 20 if your stat is high.

u can read about it urself http://www.wowwiki.com/Attack_power_coefficient

this means that with from 3.5 to 3.6 speed ure gona have 0.7 more weapon damage per 100AP. this might not seem alot but as everything else it builds up to be bether just like improving gems and enchants for 10 AP there and 10AP there.

btw if u scroll down on the page u find something about paladins too
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar