Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Mage vs Hunter duel

Quote Originally Posted by Jubite
    I know game mechanics are all different now, but back when i used to pvp on my ex main mage at the very start of wrath, id just invis the BW and call it a day. PoM sheep pet after BW if you need to pillar hump and evocate heal, otherwise spam instants that hit harder than his.
    if he doesn't have hunter's mark on you, he fails

Quote Originally Posted by Zimna
    If you're beating every other class just fine, just be happy. You can't expect to beat every single class that you encounter.
    Uhh...no.

Arcane is REALLY rough vs hunters (and you dont have too much of a chance vs BM tbh because they will faceroll right on through your cloth ass). Basically, if they catch you in the open its over, you NEED LOS. With LOS you can make him come to you and then spam roots/snares and unload on him the best you can (note, AM goes through LOS once you start it). Your going to need a lot of mana shields and your fire ward to even have a chance so be ready to pop your mana gem early and try to get a LOS break for a evocate while he's CCd. Hunters are like ranged rogues... they REALLY hurt. Also, make sure that you wind up a big cast while he's got deterence on because he cant attack while that shit is up.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Its as straight forward as staying at his melee while spamming ArcBarrages, and everything else you've got(images/elemental). Fighting a BM Hunter is retarded because nothing really works other than dps. Comes down to how fast you can kill him vs how fast he can kill you, and how well you can stick on him.

I don't consider avoiding the fight realistic, and waiting out the BM is rarely practical unless its a duel or something similar. A duel is one thing, but you're going to have to help your side sometimes when you see a hunter on the back end of the other side tearing up your side, and when he pops BM are you just going to invis run away or iceblock until he's killed everyone on your side?

Anyways thats what i do. Only times you can kill the pet i figure is in Arena using pillars or somewhere else using LOS. I rarely if ever kill the pets tho, since i find most situations i find myself in, there is no time for it, and no LOS. Geared ones are a bitch and can usually kill me, but a lot of the not so geared ones tend to come down to how well i'm sticking on him, and my instants. BM is retarded tho, and has always been retarded.

Against hunters the tactics is easy, stay melee range at all time thats it. Disangage - blink, BW - iceblock.