Need help New Shaman

Hi im going to level a shaman here soon and i was just wondering what spec is fastest for leveling/ what heirloom weapons do i buy?

Re: Need help New Shaman

You should start with enhancement. If you want to turn out to be a caster, you should respec to elemental when you learn the water shield (not OOM all the time, lowering the downtime).

Ive been enhancement 10-80. Theres no downtime past level 40, enhancement is extremely fun at higher levels. The Heirlooms w/e they're called get the mail shoulders, and next patch grab chest, and 1 hand 2.8speed mace for enhancement.

Enhancement to level 60
    After that it gets easier to pickup gear with spell power on it

Quote Originally Posted by adzzz
    Enhancement to level 60
    After that it gets easier to pickup gear with spell power on it
    This. That's what I've done with Both shaman I've levelled. Before 60 with Elemental Spell Power gear doesn't scale well enough for it to be of any major use to you whilst levelling... And at 60 you get Thunderstorm which lowers your downtime. Before that, even with water shield it's a pain to have to drink every 4-5 mobs. That's without using CL.

Enhancement all the way, with spirit wolves healing you and maelstrom + healing wave, you can take down quest bosses that are designed for 3 mans and 5 mans, not to mention no downtime at all, and it is pretty easy to get gear with agi, stam, intel stats once you hit outland, 1-40 i leveled enhancement, and i must admit, it was a bitch, but i cant imagine ele or resto being any easier unless you dungeon leveled your way up, so to wrap things up,
    go enhance, hope this helps